Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I am so pumped about the cat! I love that video of Dorion DJ and "the team". They were so excited to see Alex.
I think it will be awesome to add another goal scorer to the lineup. Like Dorion said " the guy that scores 40 goals" Lol. No pressure!
This is the most excited I have been about a player. I will probably get a DeBrincat jersey. I was hoping ( dreaming) we would acquire him. But it seemed like an unsenator move in recent years anyways. I nearly died when I saw the tweet on TSN from Pierre Lebrun that Sens got DeBrincat! I think he will really add a huge scoring threat to our top 6. Imagine facing DeBrincat, Stutzle, Norris, Batherson, Tkachuk, and Giroux as an opposing team. Has to be one of the best if not the best top 6 forward groups in the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yak

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

I still get vibes from Debrincat that he is not very comfortable with change and is almost forcing himself to be happy.

That might be a good thing in a couple of years when we try to re-sign him, because I have no doubt once he settles in and gets to be around the guys everyday starting in September that he is absolutely going to love it.

I think he is going to be pleasantly surprised at how much this city loves hockey and the Senators and he is going to feed off that energy and forget Chicago pretty quickly.

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
I still get vibes from Debrincat that he is not very comfortable with change and is almost forcing himself to be happy.

That might be a good thing in a couple of years when we try to re-sign him, because I have no doubt once he settles in and gets to be around the guys everyday starting in September that he is absolutely going to love it.

I think he is going to be pleasantly surprised at how much this city loves hockey and the Senators and he is going to feed off that energy and forget Chicago pretty quickly.

I was wondering that in his earlier, 15(?) minute video, but he seems pretty happy in this one.
And he mentions how hockey is #1 in Ottawa, with a smile on his face.

Reactions: Icelevel

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

I don’t think he would have asked to be traded from CHI to OTT but I think he’s handling it well… saying all the right things … he came up early etc.

Reactions: Emrasie

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
"Never really been downtown"

Dude has been in the league for 4 seasons in which the Hawks would have come to town and never seen the downtown area. His entire impression of Ottawa is based on highways and suburbs. This is why the downtown arena is so important for bringing in talent.

Last edited:

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.

What I see in that video is a young man who is probably exhausted from shaking everybody's hand and answering the question "how does it feel?" for the millionth time. I'd be worn out too.

He probably just wants to hit the gym and lift some weights and be done with all this ceremony crap. I don't know, that's just me.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
You guys are going to love the Cat. Everyone knows his goal scoring prowess but what many people might know is the rest of his game. I saw a comment up the page about him being "sturdy" - yes, he's short but not small. He plays a much heavier game than most other "little guys". He battles with never give up tenacity and wins his fair share of those battles. He's tough and plays with an edge and will come to a teammate's defense and drop the gloves without any hesitation. He has improved his skating and defense quite a bit in the last couple years and what was once seen as weakness is not anymore. His vision, IQ and passing/playmaking are all very good and he plays well at top speed. Plus, he's one of those players where you can tell he's having a ball playing hockey - smiles a lot.

I'll miss him but I hope he does well for you guys.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
What I see in that video is a young man who is probably exhausted from shaking everybody's hand and answering the question "how does it feel?" for the millionth time. I'd be worn out too.

He probably just wants to hit the gym and lift some weights and be done with all this ceremony crap. I don't know, that's just me.
100%. Not everyone is built for the "social" side of the business that's obviously required and I would get sick of it in a hurry. One social function and I want to shut down any other plans for like a week lol.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Maybe a corny idea but I think it's funny. A lot of teams go with the Rick Flair 'Woo' after goals we should go with a 'Mew' after Cat's goals. Definitely one of a kind for a player and has potential to go viral

PA goes 'Woo!' and the crowd answers 'Mew!'

Reactions: Yak

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Maybe a corny idea but I think it's funny. A lot of teams go with the Rick Flair 'Woo' after goals we should go with a 'Mew' after Cat's goals. Definitely one of a kind for a player and has potential to go viral

PA goes 'Woo!' and the crowd answers 'Mew!'

755F.gif

Last edited:

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
"Never really been downtown"

Dude has been in the league for 4 seasons in which the Hawks would have come to town and never seen the downtown area. His entire impression of Ottawa is based on highways and suburbs. This is why the downtown arena is so important for bringing in talent.

We need to be sending a DVD of Ottawa to UFA's.....lol...

Ottawa is boring if you are just in Kanata at the Brookstreet hotel.

Young players want a bit of fun and older guys with family's tons stuff for the family.

Is hard not to like Ottawa once you take time to explore it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad