Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Every CGY fan for last 5 years:

We need a #1C

This proposal exists

blankall:

No, we can't give up our best winger who's younger..
Every CGY fan:
We need a 1C

Florida: Give us your best player and your best centre

Blankall: massive overpayment

Florida: Yoo wtf you want a #1 C just give us all your assets

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Non allstar + AHL D + playoff team 1st

for PPG 2 way center better than Tavares on 6m contract.

Flames need to add. Check Duchene trade if you are interested how much a crap 1c returns. Then think about what very good franchise centers return.
Doesn't sound like you understand what the Flames are giving up at all but ok

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Carolina could be an option. CAR gets the more established center with incredible defensive prowess (one of the main issues with CAR atm), while FLA gets the younger guy (good for the rebuild FLA is going through) with good upside. FLA would of course, have to add unless Barkov agreed to extend with CAR at the time of the trade.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Carolina could be an option. CAR gets the more established center with incredible defensive prowess (one of the main issues with CAR atm), while FLA gets the younger guy (good for the rebuild FLA is going through) with good upside. FLA would of course, have to add unless Barkov agreed to extend with CAR at the time of the trade.

You talking about Aho?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I would move Gaudreau for Barkov anyday, Flames even throw in former Norris winner Giordano to sweeten the pot.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
What's your offer for Barkov then?
Or what do you feel is a fair offer?
Well there's no 'fair' offer for Barkov but asking for a playoff teams #1C makes sense if the other ask wasn't their best overall hockey player. But a PPG two-way centre in his prime (not going to touch on the 'sweet-heart deal' since that isn't super relevant with two years left) isn't getting traded and not for a package which actively takes away from the other teams ability to contend. Out of current, core pieces the only player not available is Tkachuk. Like, I don't see the Flames ever considering the Tkachuk Valimaki 1st deal floated around--not even Stone could get that given team control factors (which is what Blankall called out lol). But I'd consider, again, if the idea is to plan for the future given that there is no reasonable 'hockey trade' for Barkov sans something crazy--Andersson, Valimaki/Pelletier, Dube, 1st.

Potential top pairing d-man, blue chip prospect, top 6 centre prospect and a 1st is a well enough jumping off point but I could completely be off base with that

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I get that on HF that Barkov would need Tkachuk to go the other way, but that wouldn’t happen IRL. Barkov would be traded to play with Tkachuk and likely Gaudreau. The main piece of the deal would likely be Monahan or Bennett, then futures to fill in the gap in value.

But yeah, this is deal that would likely never happen.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
$9-10 million?
He's going to sign for less than Panarin when he plays the more important position?
7 years x $9-10 million would be dwarfed by a lot of other teams and FLA has the 8th year option to outbid some teams. If you look at FLA's cap, they have a ton of money ready for Barkov as well.
Not all of NYR's young ELC players are gonna want to sign a bridge deal.
If FLA was willing to spend big on Bob, you can imagine what they would be willing to do for the best C they've ever had.

What happens if Zito (new GM) trades for Barkov's best buddy in Laine in the upcoming off-season or at the 2022 trade deadline?
That may help him get over the loss of Dadonov?
2 RFA years left for Laine until free agency, FLA could put together a package of picks and prospects and then sign both of them to 8 year deals.
Laine would likely adopt the FLA lifestyle.
Were in a covid world now. Flat cap is def gona affect salaries goin forward til things get back to normal. Panarin took less money to win. I expect barkov would do something similar. But who knows what things will look like 2 years from now. I agree with you, if I’m the panthers I’m doing everything in my power to keep him because any trade your not goin to get back a player of his caliber, it would be young prospects and 1st rounders. I’m saying the only way he leaves is if the panthers stink for 2 more years and are not competitive, not saying they have to win a cup but at least get to the playoffs and win 1 round maybe. That would at least give him some hope for the future and a reason to resign. It’s kind of the same situation as Eichel, even though Eichel or Eichel camp has been far more vocal about it by leaking things to the press and such. If your a young guy in your prime and you have already made millions of dollars you def want to win and not squander your best years. They both know they are going to get paid wherever they go. I wouldn’t expect a peep outta barkov’s camp, he doesn’t seem like the type of guy who wants publicity or any problems or uncomfortable questions he would have to answer. But if your a young star and for years you have been losing at what point do you throw your hands up and say please trade me, or in 2 years I’m going to explore UFA and control my own destiny. These next 2 years are very pivotal for the Sabres and panthers to show their young studs they are serious about being competitive and winning, and too be honest to both their fan bases too. I fully expect the panthers to do everything in their power to keep him, my last post was just a for instance if he gets tired of the same old situation and nothing changes for now until he can become a FA. If that happens those were the 4 teams I can see making a serious run at him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad