Value of: Aleksander Barkov to Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The Florida Finnlanders will not trade their Captain this year.
The new GM gushes about him and will likely do anything to keep him there long term.

As said above, Barkov won't waive for a Canadian city/big market and take a tax cut
I know FLA hasn't done much in the 6 years he's been there but I'd be surprised if he doesn't re-sign with the Finnlanders.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
If we're trading Barkov, we would have to go into a rebuild. It then makes no sense to trade for Monahan.
Thats the thing people always forget about when trading for youngish core pieces from okay teams. If they trade them thats throwing in the towel, so getting a worse player back is worthless. You have to ask for a top ten pick or prospect

Reactions: Howboutthempanthers

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
This is just one of those impossble deals. Young, core piece that all of their recent 'in' moves rely upon him being there for, so trading him for anything short of an upgrade somehow doesn't make sense, and Flames don't have that singular piece worth more than Valimaki.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
he's one of the most untouchable players in the league IMHO....
so technically, Calgary would require to take Bob's contract and the value would be still preposterous for FLA

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Barkov is a:

ppg 1C that has topped 90+ points, top 10-15 C in the league
25 years old
signed to a great deal with 2 years left
Selke caliber center

And you want him for a rich man's Tyler Bozak.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
No way in hell Barkov gets moved by Florida. they will try everything and anything to keep him there long term once his contract is over. maybe he gets traded if 100% they can't resign him. most likely if he goes anywhere else it will be though UFA.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If the Panthers don't see themselves as legit contenders right now, any chance they consider offers on Barkov?

How is a deal surrounded around Monahan +?
There's zero chance that Aleksander Barkov would even entertain waiving his NMC for Calgary. And besides he'd cost you either Monahan+Tkachuk or Monahan+Lindholm for starters he'd be extremely expensive to acquire.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
The Florida Finnlanders will not trade their Captain this year.
The new GM gushes about him and will likely do anything to keep him there long term.

As said above, Barkov won't waive for a Canadian city/big market and take a tax cut
I know FLA hasn't done much in the 6 years he's been there but I'd be surprised if he doesn't re-sign with the Finnlanders.

And if he does trade him, Jarmo is calling in a favor lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad