Blue Jays GDT: *ALCS GM 4* vs CLE | Tues, Oct 18 | 4pm ET/1pm PT | Kluber vs Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
Unfortunately this means we probably don't burn Miller today and will see him tomorrow. Still, winning today is obviously the most important thing.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
I know they scored and I'm glad but no reason to run to third there. That **** has happened so many times this year I can't even count. 3 runs is not insurmountable.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Cleveland is up 3-0 in the series playing fundamental baseball.

Cleveland runs in the 3 completed games so far:

Gm 1 (Cle wins 2-0):
Kipnis walks, Lindor HR (2 runs)

Gm 2 (Cle wins 2-1):
Santana HR (1 run)
Davis reaches on FC, steals 2nd, advances to 3rd on wild pitch, Lindor singles to score Davis (1 run)

Gm 3 (Cle wins 4-2):
Santana walks, Napoli doubles to score Santana (1 run)
Napoli HR (1 run)
Kipnis HR (1 run)
Napoli walks, advances to 2nd on wild pitch, Ramirez singles to score Napoli (1 run)

So the 8 runs Cleveland has scored prior to this game have come from a total of:
0 sacrifice hits to advance or score runners
1 steal
1 non-HR extra base hit
2 wild pitches
2 singles
3 walks
4 HRs

They're basically playing the same game the Blue Jays get lambasted for (be patient, draw walks, look for the big swing of the bat. 5 of their 8 runs have come from an XBH or HR vs NONE from "small ball". And the only one that comes close is Davis stealing 2nd. But he potentially still doesn't score without the wild pitch to take another base.)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
These announcers arent dumb.

Someone asked why did Donaldson go. And I said to draw the throw. Bautista is slow as balls. And the announcers backed me up right after I said it, haha.

Donaldson doesn't go and Joey is probably out.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
^Don't forget the 3 small ball sac bunts that Cleveland did that didn't score any runs. Less small ball maybe they score more.

Thanks again for 3 free outs Cleveland

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
They're basically playing the same game the Blue Jays get lambasted for (be patient, draw walks, look for the big swing of the bat.

Results are different than intentions.

Ramirez and Lindor hit for average not homers.
They frequently aren't swinging for the fences.

Last edited:

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
These announcers arent dumb.

Someone asked why did Donaldson go. And I said to draw the throw. Bautista is slow as balls. And the announcers backed me up right after I said it, haha.

Donaldson doesn't go and Joey is probably out.

I think you definitely trade an out for a guaranteed run at this point. We still have a runner in scoring position if we can get another hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad