Marlies GDT: ALBANY @ TORONTO - DIVISiON FINALS: R2 - G6: Marlies lost 4-1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
So what you are saying is you don't know then...

That's the thing isn't it: being well enough to play and 100% are two very different things.

When a player suddenly isn't looking like their normal selves usually something is up rather than "oh they suddenly just got lazy".

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
That's the thing isn't it: being well enough to play and 100% are two very different things.

When a player suddenly isn't looking like their normal selves usually something is up rather than "oh they suddenly just got lazy".

Keefe called him out for taking his foot off the gas and not being competitive enough. I doubt he does that if there was some other reason Willy isn't performing. Hopefully he turns it around when the season is on the line. It's a lot of pressure for a kid.

BEERnSOUP

Feb 2, 2015
He could still be getting used to the amount of games in North America. Factor potential fatique in with the injury at the juniors, recent illness and possibly other unknown less serious injuries it's perfectly reasonable that he's not 100% at the moment.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Keefe called him out for taking his foot off the gas and not being competitive enough. I doubt he does that if there was some other reason Willy isn't performing. Hopefully he turns it around when the season is on the line. It's a lot of pressure for a kid.

Maybe.

If that's the case, perhaps Nylander is disinterested playing in the minors after getting time with the Leafs.

Or he just had a bad game. Nobody can say for sure.

wc17

Feb 22, 2009
Toronto
Maybe.

If that's the case, perhaps Nylander is disinterested playing in the minors after getting time with the Leafs.

Or he just had a bad game. Nobody can say for sure.

I missed the one game where he had a couple points but overall he's been bad in the playoffs. And this is coming from a big fan of his. He needs to pick up his intensity (with and without the puck)....plain and simple.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Our D is getting exposed, can't say we have anyone out there that would be considered a #1 defenseman. We have a lack of depth and talent on the back end and it shows when we keep putting Brennan out for the PK.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
I'm starting to think Nylander the type who disappears when things go rough in the playoffs. I hope I wrong as he needs to be the best player for the Marlies.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I'm starting to think Nylander the type who disappears when things go rough in the playoffs. I hope I wrong as he needs to be the best player for the Marlies.

Let's just not get ahead of ourselves. What did we all think about Drouin earlier in the year?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Damn tough crowd. Maybe Matthews should play in the AHL next year.

LoneWolf

Dec 11, 2015
Have the Marlies won a game in this series without Soshnikov yet? He is definitely a difference maker. I know Wedgewood is probably still patting himself on the back taking credit for that win but it was the Marlies atrocious defence that lost that game.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Not battling enough for the puck, 50/50 battles, has been an issue the entire season. That may not have been his style over in Europe but it will be if he wants to play with the leafs long term. Its a weakness (for now) that will need to be addressed over the next few years.

Sure. But his issues now isn't limited to battling for pucks, which is why I think there's something ailing him.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Good lord... do people really believe this?

He does need to be the best player. Sometimes the best players struggle. It happens for various reasons. Nylander needs to be better. I'm sure he knows it. Whether an injury or illness is slowing him down isn't an excuse but probable. Even with that, I think he needs to battle harder.

It's a good learning process for him and the team. Can we stop with the narratives and future progression based on one series and playoffs? The guy just turned 20 years old and he's all ready a chocker... :help:

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Marlies Highlights: Toronto vs Albany: Game 6 - May 14, 2016

Marlies Post-Game: Sheldon Keefe - May 14, 2016

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Antoine Bibeau - May 14, 2016 (Post-Game)

William Nylander - May 14, 2016 (Post-Game)

Stuart Percy - May 14, 2016 (Post-Game)

Connor Carrick - May 14, 2016 (Post-Game)

Matt Frattin - May 14, 2016 (Post-Game)

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Holy **** this fan base is quick to jump to conclusions! We saw a sample size of what this kid can do in NHL and he will be just fine.. He has played a lot of hockey lately and battled through illness. Every highly touted prospect can't play like Sidney Crosby every night..

Nylander is a beautiful piece that will contribute nicely for the organization for many years to come..

Can we talk about the return we got from Washington for Winnick.. Carrick has looked great!

Even Sidney Crosby can't play like Sidney Crosby every night.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
On to Game 7, tomorrow.. and the North Division title..!

Let's be positive about this, folks.. These are the two best teams in the AHL going at each other.. One team looses and one team wins each game.. It's not always about who made the most mistakes..

We win again, tomorrow.. :)

- Ontario won the Pacific Division title last night...

- Hershey & W-B Scranton decide the Atlantic Division title, today...

- Lake Erie has a chance to win the Central Division title, tomorrow..

Try and have a good day.. and realize that this is playoffs... :)

marlies-playoffcentral-schedule.png

2016 AHL PLAYOFFS - SECOND ROUND - DIVISION FINALS

297572_orig.png
VS
albany_devils_logo.jpg

North Division Finals – Series “J†(best-of-7)
N1-Toronto Marlies vs. N2-Albany Devils

Series Tied 3-3
Game 1 – Wed., May 4 – Albany 2, Toronto 1
Game 2 – Fri., May 6 – Toronto 5, Albany 3
Game 3 – Sun., May 8 – Toronto 2, Albany 3 O.T.
Game 4 – Tue., May 10 – Toronto 7, Albany 2
Game 5 – Thu., May 12 – Toronto 5 at Albany 1
Game 6 – Sat., May 14 – Albany 4, Toronto 1
Game 7 – Mon., May 16 – Albany at Toronto, 7:30

Central Division Finals – Series “K†(best-of-7)
C2-Lake Erie Monsters vs. C4-Grand Rapids Griffins

Lake Erie Leads Series, 3-2
Game 1 – Thu., May 5 – Lake Erie 3, Grand Rapids 2 (OT)
Game 2 – Sat., May 7 – Lake Erie 4, Grand Rapids 3
Game 3 – Sun., May 8 – Lake Erie 2, Grand Rapids 1
Game 4 – Tue., May 10 – Lake Erie 4, Grand Rapids 5
Game 5 – Sat., May 14 – Grand Rapids 6, Lake Erie 1
*Game 6 – Mon., May 16 – Lake Erie at Grand Rapids, 7:00
*Game 7 – Tue., May 17 – Grand Rapids at Lake Erie, 7:00

Pacific Division Finals – Series “J†(best-of-7)
P1-Ontario Reign vs. P2-San Diego Gulls

Ontario Wins Series & Division Title, 4-1
Game 1 – Thu., May 5 – Ontario 5, San Diego 3
Game 2 – Sat., May 7 – Ontario 2, Sand Diego 1 (OT)
Game 3 – Sun., May 8 – San Diego 3, Ontario 0
Game 4 – Fri., May 13 – Ontario 4, San Diego 3
Game 5 – Sat., May 14 – San Diego 1, Ontario 2

Atlantic Division Finals – Series “I†(best-of-7)
A1-Hershey Bears vs. A3-Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins

Series Tied, 3-3
Game 1 – Wed., May 4 – W-B/Scranton 4, Hershey 0
Game 2 – Fri., May 6 – Hershey 2, W-B/Scranton 0
Game 3 – Sat., May 7 – Hershey 5, W-B/Scranton 2
Game 4 – Mon., May 9 – Hershey 1, W-B/Scranton 2 (O.T.)
Game 5 – Wed., May 11 – Hershey 5, W-B/Scranton 3
Game 6 – Fri., May 13 – Hershey 2, W-B/Scranton 6
Game 7 – Sun., May 15 – W-B/Scranton at Hershey, 5:00

GO MARLIES GO !!

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Even Sidney Crosby can't play like Sidney Crosby every night.

Exactly..! Komarov was outscoring him in both goals and points for the first few months of the season (maybe more?)..
Who would have seen that coming..?

I wonder how many Pittsburgh fans were dumping on him like Leafs/Marlies fans do with our players....?

Please ... No more "chicken little" thinking.. Let's think positive.. :)

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
Good lord... do people really believe this?

He does need to be the best player. Sometimes the best players struggle. It happens for various reasons. Nylander needs to be better. I'm sure he knows it. Whether an injury or illness is slowing him down isn't an excuse but probable. Even with that, I think he needs to battle harder.

It's a good learning process for him and the team. Can we stop with the narratives and future progression based on one series and playoffs? The guy just turned 20 years old and he's all ready a chocker... :help:

just saying, I haven't been overly impressed with him this entire playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad