Marlies GDT: ALBANY @ TORONTO - DIVISiON FINALS: R2 - G6: Marlies lost 4-1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I agree. Bibs was fine....marlies just did not have it today. Nylander in particular did not look great

I wonder if there's some type of health issue there. He missed game 1, and has often looked off since then. Wonder if he's got some type of injury or illness.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Marlies really need Nylander to show up in game & 7 as he hasn't been a factor at all to this point with 1 goal and 3 points in round 2.

Mad Brills*

These playoffs have ZERO impact on nylander's long term outlook.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
What's with TO teams not being able to seal the deal :(. Marlies, leafs a few hrs back with Boston and raptors?

I do still think the Marlies will win game 7. Confident.

Calacatz

Jacked!
Aug 10, 2005
MLSE maximizing revenue! Raptors b2b 7 game series and now the Marlies.. Raking up the Stamkos $$

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Leivo and Arcobello both have 8 points in the playoffs and are Marlies leading scorers among forwards and tied for 8th in AHL playoff scoring.

They've been Marlies best forwards in the playoffs.

Points aren't everything, they haven't been as good as they were in the regular season, and both had 3 points in that blowout game and have only gotten 2-3 points each in the rest of the 5 games of the series. I think Brown has been the best forward , he's always trying hard and consistent even if he isn't putting up points. Soshnikov has also been better.

I'll add Hyman to the list of players who needs to show up.

Mansfield

possession obsession
Apr 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
MLSE maximizing revenue! Raptors b2b 7 game series and now the Marlies.. Raking up the Stamkos $$

But seriously, the commonality is that the toronto teams are also playing good teams. Most evenly matched series go to seven games...

Last edited by a moderator:

Calacatz

Jacked!
Aug 10, 2005
BUSH DID 9/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, the commonality is that the toronto teams are also playing good teams. Most evenly matched series go to seven games...

Never implied it was intentional.. Just saying they are maximizing revenue! More $$$$

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Points aren't everything, they haven't been as good as they were in the regular season, and both had 3 points in that blowout game and have only gotten 2-3 points each in the rest of the 5 games of the series. I think Brown has been the best forward , he's always trying hard and consistent even if he isn't putting up points. Soshnikov has also been better.

I'll add Hyman to the list of players who needs to show up.

I agree Sosh, Brown and Hyman (at times) have all played well.

Nylander had 2 points in the blowout game and only 1 point in all the rest (minus game #1 where he missed).

Its Nylander however that has surprisingly struggled and he should be the best of Marlies forwards and hopefully he shows up in game 7 because he has been coasting so far outplayed by many of his teammates. His compete level has been low and he looks way too casual when he should be playing with purpose. This series would be over if Willie was playing up to his usual level.

TrueBlue86

Oct 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
Was at the game. Marlies didn't play bad, the Devils' goalie stood on his head tonight. The first two goals kind of sucked the life out of the team, although they rebounded and generated some decent chances ane zone time. The fist goal will be huge Monday. This devils team is built to trap and not play from behind.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Was at the game. Marlies didn't play bad, the Devils' goalie stood on his head tonight. The first two goals kind of sucked the life out of the team, although they rebounded and generated some decent chances ane zone time. The fist goal will be huge Monday. This devils team is built to trap and not play from behind.

Scott Wedgewood stopping 34 of 35 shots was the difference in this game no question.

Hopefully he is not that good in game #7 on Monday.

TrueBlue86

Oct 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
I agree Sosh, Brown and Hyman (at times) have all played well.

Nylander had 2 points in the blowout game and only 1 point in all the rest (minus game #1 where he missed).

Its Nylander however that has surprisingly struggled and he should be the best of Marlies forwards and hopefully he shows up in game 7 because he has been coasting so far outplayed by many of his teammates. His compete level has been low and he looks way too casual when he should be playing with purpose. This series would be over if Willie was playing up to his usual level.

I don't know if this series will have an impact on his long-term potential but I can't help but notice alot of Kessel in Nylander, specifically how he doesn't really compere for the puck, especially when the other team has it. He is too casual at times I find.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I don't know if this series will have an impact on his long-term potential but I can't help but notice alot of Kessel in Nylander, specifically how he doesn't really compere for the puck, especially when the other team has it. He is too casual at times I find.

Babcock had mentioned that during a few post game interviews. He can get away with that in the A but with the leafs Babs will beat that out of him.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

He does indeed, which is why people are saying he doesn't like like his usual self.

Babcock had mentioned that during a few post game interviews.

Different scenarios. Babcock called him out when he was tentative in one of his first NHL games. Right now he's not playing tentative though, he's playing as he's running on fumes.

He doesn't have a lot of power in his skating, his first steps are way off and he fades quickly in shifts. I'm pretty sure that he's still sick, just well enough to play.

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
William doesn't look 100%. Something's up with him whether its illness or he's battling through an injury. Looked a lot more dynamic against NHL talent than he does now in the AHL playoffs. We won't hear about it until after the playoffs are over though

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Different scenarios. Babcock called him out when he was tentative in one of his first NHL games. Right now he's not playing tentative though, he's playing as he's running on fumes..

Not battling enough for the puck, 50/50 battles, has been an issue the entire season. That may not have been his style over in Europe but it will be if he wants to play with the leafs long term. Its a weakness (for now) that will need to be addressed over the next few years.

Rayban*

Apr 21, 2013
Ottawa
Not gonna be surprised if Marner blows Nylander out of the water next fall..can't imagine him being this useless even at the NHL level.

Calacatz

Jacked!
Aug 10, 2005
Holy **** this fan base is quick to jump to conclusions! We saw a sample size of what this kid can do in NHL and he will be just fine.. He has played a lot of hockey lately and battled through illness. Every highly touted prospect can't play like Sidney Crosby every night..

Nylander is a beautiful piece that will contribute nicely for the organization for many years to come..

Can we talk about the return we got from Washington for Winnick.. Carrick has looked great!

Snap24

Apr 3, 2010
Toronto
Holy **** this fan base is quick to jump to conclusions! We saw a sample size of what this kid can do in NHL and he will be just fine.. He has played a lot of hockey lately and battled through illness. Every highly touted prospect can't play like Sidney Crosby every night..

Nylander is a beautiful piece that will contribute nicely for the organization for many years to come..

Can we talk about the return we got from Washington for Winnick.. Carrick has looked great!

Yeah it's pretty scary to see how quick people are to jump on him. If he's shown how good he can be and he's part of our core that we're building, give him some slack cause MAYBE he could not be 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad