Marlies GDT: ALBANY @ TORONTO - DIVISiON FINALS: R2 - G6: Marlies lost 4-1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Good lord... do people really believe this?

He does need to be the best player. Sometimes the best players struggle. It happens for various reasons. Nylander needs to be better. I'm sure he knows it. Whether an injury or illness is slowing him down isn't an excuse but probable. Even with that, I think he needs to battle harder.

It's a good learning process for him and the team. Can we stop with the narratives and future progression based on one series and playoffs? The guy just turned 20 years old and he's all ready a chocker... :help:

Totally agree. He's not skating with the same speed as normal just help think there's something lingering health-wise. He also must be aware he's playing a total goon team that just destroyed a young skilled Swede like himself so he looks pretty careful out there - maybe at the team's direction too. Has 1 concussion already this year and not that long ago in the grand scheme.

I think we see the regular William Nylander in game 7.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Willy has only 14 shots in his 8 games with 5 points. I will just assume that if his compete level is deemed not adequate by Keefe and management he will be in for a rude awakening come training camp.

Babcock already told him when he was up that he needed to compete harder. Is he competing hard for the Marlies?

I hope he digs down for us if he isn't 100% and helps us win today regardless. We need him.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
We need him because we are allowing the Devils to outcompete us. They are winning so many important puck battles just because they play with a determination that we simply lack.

We are watching our kids get taught a lesson here, let's just hope they have learned it in time for game 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad