Prospect Info: Albany Devils and ECHL talk (2015-16 season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Let's enjoy the ride in Albany these next few months.

Only a two hour ride or so from NJ if you want to see them on March 12.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Devils have stuck a bunch of garbage above him on the depth chart even though their right wings are terrible. I don't think it's a sure thing that he's gone - far from it -- but I could very well see him leaving for a better chance elsewhere. He's only making $125,000 in the minors - that should at least double, and I'm not sure the Devils are willing to pay that for a guy they clearly don't think has any role in the NHL.

Who exactly should he be above on the depth chart, that's current in the NHL?

Tootoo maybe? That's all I can think of.

I do agree that the goaltending won't necessarily get better by getting rid of Danis. Wedgewood was awful his entire pro career, before the 12 games this season.

Appleby is probably ready for the AHL now, but I wouldn't say he's as good as he's been for those 3 games.

MikeF

Feb 27, 2002
Troy NY
Visit site
Watching the game on AHL Live, I thought Stefan Matteau had a strong game for not playing in over a month. Had a few hard hits, created some scoring chances, and was skating pretty well.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Watching the game on AHL Live, I thought Stefan Matteau had a strong game for not playing in over a month. Had a few hard hits, created some scoring chances, and was skating pretty well.

That is good to hear. What line did he play on/who did he play with?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Love that goal. I like the way Kujawinski uses his body to shield the puck on the way to the net...and the vision to hit Black with the pass was sweet.

Some nice skill Kujawinski has been displaying lately.

Kujo does produce some nice highlight. Need's to bring it more consistently, but at least he's showing something.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Albany lost Tropp today, since he was traded to the Ducks by Chicago.

He was a good addition to Albany this season.

His loss will be offset by the gain of Blandisi and Boucher for their playoff run.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Albany lost Tropp today, since he was traded to the Ducks by Chicago.

He was a good addition to Albany this season.

His loss will be offset by the gain of Blandisi and Boucher for their playoff run.

Chicago assigned Jackman -- who they got in the deal -- to Anaheim's AHL team too.

Seems like Chicago just screwed over Albany for a 7th round pick.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Kuja not looking half bad for a 20-21 year old in his first pro season. Anyone wanna take some bets whether he ends up a better forward than Matteau? I remember FMASC scoffing at my speculation that Stefan Matteau could end being sort of a next Bernier, now it seems like Stefan will be lucky if he hits that level. Kujawinski's probably not much better but he's making plays in the AHL that Matteau never did.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Kuja not looking half bad for a 20-21 year old in his first pro season. Anyone wanna take some bets whether he ends up a better forward than Matteau? I remember FMASC scoffing at my speculation that Stefan Matteau could end being sort of a next Bernier, now it seems like Stefan will be lucky if he hits that level. Kujawinski's probably not much better but he's making plays in the AHL that Matteau never did.

He's also the same age as Matteau and in the AHL. He also struggled to find time until recent call-ups and injuries -- he was pretty unimpressive the first half of the year.

Matteau is in the NHL, I don't think it's fair to compare the two like that. I do however think Kujawinski might develop into a bottom-six forward, but that's going to be because he got the AHL development time that Matteau was screwed out of due to the 2012-13 season.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He's also the same age as Matteau and in the AHL. He also struggled to find time until recent call-ups and injuries -- he was pretty unimpressive the first half of the year.

Matteau is in the NHL, I don't think it's fair to compare the two like that. I do however think Kujawinski might develop into a bottom-six forward, but that's going to be because he got the AHL development time that Matteau was screwed out of due to the 2012-13 season.
I'm not disagreeing with you at all but Kujawinski was scratched a lot in the first half of the year. It's hard to get going when you are in and out of the lineup especially as a first year pro. Let's hope we see continued progress and maybe we can be surprised?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm not disagreeing with you at all but Kujawinski was scratched a lot in the first half of the year. It's hard to get going when you are in and out of the lineup especially as a first year pro. Let's hope we see continued progress and maybe we can be surprised?

That wasn't a negative thing at all.

More of a numbers game than anything else, we had a ton of forwards in Albany and a lot of newcomers. He's looked good of late though in Albany since he's gotten consistent playing time.

Still curious to see how he develops.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Kind of an interesting dynamic developing. Seems Black is getting all the goals on that line and Kujawinski is getting all of the assist.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wouldn't have minded having Tropp as our property and maybe getting a look as a call up, but it's no big deal. He's 26 and likely not an NHL player.

But he's probably better than Paul Thompson.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Tropp hasn't been very impressive in my opinion he's played 51 games this year, as many as any player on the team and only has 28 points...he played with Boucher most of the time he was there and Boucher had 29 points in 32 games. And Tropp is 26 years old turning 27 in July.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Tropp hasn't been very impressive in my opinion he's played 51 games this year, as many as any player on the team and only has 28 points...he played with Boucher most of the time he was there and Boucher had 29 points in 32 games. And Tropp is 26 years old turning 27 in July.

The times I watched he's been a good cog on that team.

Did the little things and he brought a steady presence.

I'm sure the will miss him in some capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad