Recalled/Assigned: Alain Vigneault says Emerson Etem has been assigned to AHL for conditioning #NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Opportunity? He received NHL shifts for the Ducks and Rangers. He is a former 1st round pick. Where is all the skill to make his own breaks? Stop blaming his linemates. Oh and lets forget the fact that he is absolutely not drawing the teams tougher assignments when he is on those bottom lines. He cant beat opposing bottom liners on forward and defense one on one? Or find a way to produce/standout.

Excuses.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
guy was never given a chance. Not saying he was going to be great but he certaintanly should have played over glass

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Etem won't bring back Rychel, least not as the main piece. If it's Etem and a pick for Rychel, the pick we are giving up is yet another first.

that's fine with me. Rychel is 19, any 1st rounder we get will result in an 18 year old player that requires 2 years of development. Rychel may be able to slot in immediately.

Plus Gropp signed his ELC recently.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
What does it matter when he's a terrible player? I'm not going to sit there and stats surf like you are. The guy is awful. He's added nothing outside of a game or two where he played well.

He did manage to single handedly lose the Florida game.

He just doesnt fit here.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
guy was never given a chance. Not saying he was going to be great but he certaintanly should have played over glass

I think some of you guys forget that AV sees these players in practice all the time. What they do there matters.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Opportunity? He received NHL shifts for the Ducks and Rangers. He is a former 1st round pick. Where is all the skill to make his own breaks? Stop blaming his linemates. Oh and lets forget the fact that he is absolutely not drawing the teams tougher assignments when he is on those bottom lines. He cant beat opposing bottom liners on forward and defense one on one? Or find a way to produce/standout.

Excuses.

Ridiculous. He was used as a checking line winger. He was never ever Put in a position to utilize what he is talented at.

If you played Kreider on the 4th line you'd see the same kind of crap. This isn't the 1970s NHL, people don't just dominate 4th lines anymore. There's a reason when we went to the finals our 4th line was used against teams top lines. Was Crosby and all the other stars we played in that run running circles around our 4th line? Yet you expect etem to do so with 2 offensive black holes next to him?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He's just not a good player in general. He is a stupid player who isn't terribly skilled. He has a nice shot but . . . that's about it.

I mean, lol @ using iSC/60 as the sole reason for saying Etem is anything but bad.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Ridiculous. He was used as a checking line winger. He was never ever Put in a position to utilize what he is talented at.

If you played Kreider on the 4th line you'd see the same kind of crap. This isn't the 1970s NHL, people don't just dominate 4th lines anymore. There's a reason when we went to the finals our 4th line was used against teams top lines. Was Crosby and all the other stars we played in that run running circles around our 4th line? Yet you expect etem to do so with 2 offensive black holes next to him?

He wasn't put in the top six because he's not a top six player. Two teams have now utilized him in the same manner because he's not a top six player.

He's a 25-30 point player. Why the flying **** should we put him with top line guys?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
He's just not a good player in general. He is a stupid player who isn't terribly skilled. He has a nice shot but . . . that's about it.

I mean, lol @ using iSC/60 as the sole reason for saying Etem is anything but bad.

Anyone with two working eyes knows Etem sucks. Don't even need to bring advanced statistics into it. :laugh:

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
What does it matter when he's a terrible player? I'm not going to sit there and stats surf like you are. The guy is awful. He's added nothing outside of a game or two where he played well.

How is he terrible? He actually did bring things to the table, he is good along the boards, he can carry the puck, he's gone to the net. Three things the Rangers have needed.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Lol what??

Kreider is established. He may be struggling but he has shown he can score goals...since he was brought up. When is it going to finally click for Etem? You get a crack in the lineup you make it count. Etem hasnt. Stop letting his draft position cloud your vision. Dont act like you watched him religiously when he was with the Ducks or before that, that we are mishandling this guy.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
hopefully it is a conditioning stint, Hartford could you some scoring. He can use decent ice time down there, regain some confidence. I can't imagine him being worth anything worthy of a trade with season thus far.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
He wasn't put in the top six because he's not a top six player. Two teams have now utilized him in the same manner because he's not a top six player.

He's a 25-30 point player. Why the flying **** should we put him with top line guys?

It's not that simple... I could write a thesis on Etem, but technically, I'm on a work call right now :laugh:

As for the bolded, you could say the same about Jesper Fast.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
How is he terrible? He actually did bring things to the table, he is good along the boards, he can carry the puck, he's gone to the net. Three things the Rangers have needed.

He is a career 3rd liner...

which honestly, is exactly what Hagelin was... Etem had speed, board play, and forecheck abilities.

he would have been a great fit with Hayes and Lindberg...

But whatever... coach is dumb--Stempniak and Etem now on the **** list because of Glass

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

What about all the things he hasnt brought to the table or done right? What about his piss poor defensive game?

Its like saying well he is an ok employee we should keep him, forgetting the fact that employee is always late and abuses his lunch break

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I liked him and think he has potential somewhere, but I'm fine with moving him. I wonder if we move him for a defensive prospect in a similar situation? Someone like Ryan Murphy comes to mind, but what other plays are stuck behind too much depth at one position? Potsma? Jordan Schmaltz? Who else?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I liked him and think he has potential somewhere, but I'm fine with moving him. I wonder if we move him for a defensive prospect in a similar situation? Someone like Ryan Murphy comes to mind, but what other plays are stuck behind too much depth at one position? Potsma? Jordan Schmaltz? Who else?

McCabe or Pysyk from Buffalo would be a major steal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad