AI won`t do jack shit

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
seriously, for someone who never has, and never will work, you're very invested in all this.

i'm not looking to go terminator in all this, but it's just the same progression we've taken on for the last 60 years. the evolution is more technological, but there will still be work for ppl always.

Sep 19, 2008
seriously, for someone who never has, and never will work, you're very invested in all this.

i'm not looking to go terminator in all this, but it's just the same progression we've taken on for the last 60 years. the evolution is more technological, but there will still be work for ppl always.

There'll be LESS work because of the rise of robots taking human jobs. I mean, this is already going on in Walmart. Check the twitter I posted. AI is already diagnosing medical conditions i.e. radiology field. Even white collar jobs are at stake.

No one is saying jobs will completely be eliminated but we're in the middle of the fourth revolution that is much more than anything the industrial revolution could offer. Jobs will not be eliminated but less people will be employed as companies realize they can just replace labor with robots. Robots don't need vacation days. Robots can work 24/7.

Look at an Amazon Fulfillment center. It's all robots.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
amazon also employs over half a million people by a healthy margin too.

not the best example imo

upload_2019-4-29_7-58-10.png

Sep 19, 2008
amazon also employs over half a million people by a healthy margin too.

not the best example imo

View attachment 222439
just one example and that is their fulfillment centers. check the damn video.

again you conveniently ignore that 2018 was a record year for robots taking people's jobs. If 2018 was a record year what will happen in 2019 when the technology continues to improve?

Sep 19, 2008
Companies will hire robots because they are cheaper and don't have feelings or can't unionize like a human can.

The more companies that do this, the less humans that work.

This is not avoidable or debatable. This has been going on the last few years and only continues to grow. This hits the manufacturing, retail, and trucking industry the worst. Manufacturing is obvious, many layoffs because robots are taking factory work. See Amazon Fulfillment center. Retail, less people work because there's a computer at the end of the checkout line that you can just self-checkout. This happens at McDonald's too. That used to be someone's job to take your order. Now a robot does it. Trucking, AI trucks and self driving trucks are already on the road right now as we speak, and they don't need to sleep. The impact this will have on the American industry, especially in the Midwest, is catastrophic. These trucks don't stop for sleep or rest. Millions of truck stops and roadside businesses will go out of business.

This is not avoidable at all and will only get worse as Silicon Valley continues to think up new and innovative ways to replace human work with robotics.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
just one example and that is their fulfillment centers. check the damn video.

again you conveniently ignore that 2018 was a record year for robots taking people's jobs. If 2018 was a record year what will happen in 2019 when the technology continues to improve?

people who work in factories will lose jobs? we might lose pittsburgh...

i'm sure lord donald will save the day!

Sep 19, 2008
people who work in factories will lose jobs? we might lose pittsburgh...

i'm sure lord donald will save the day!

We haven't lost Pittsburgh but we lost Youngstown, Ohio.

What happened to the people of Youngstown, Ohio after the factories closed down and people lost their jobs because of automation? Marriages broke up. The use of prescription opiates grew. More and more people became like @Jiminy Cricket and tried to get on disability because it was free money for doing nothing. Youngstown became a shell of it's former self. There is Pittsburgh, but there are also stories all over the Midwest and manufacturing "Rust Belt" about towns like Youngstown or other towns that have gone into alcoholism and abusive tendencies, as well as a decline in mental health, because people have lost their jobs and CAN'T BE RETRAINED (BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK)

Andrew Yang On Universal Basic Income And The Opioid Epidemic

Sep 19, 2008
Honestly you should research what Andrew Yang has to say and read his book. He is a technology guy so he knows what's coming. Read his book.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
We haven't lost Pittsburgh but we lost Youngstown, Ohio.

What happened to the people of Youngstown, Ohio after the factories closed down and people lost their jobs because of automation? Marriages broke up. The use of prescription opiates grew. More and more people became like @Jiminy Cricket and tried to get on disability because it was free money for doing nothing. Youngstown became a shell of it's former self. There is Pittsburgh, but there are also stories all over the Midwest and manufacturing "Rust Belt" about towns like Youngstown or other towns that have gone into alcoholism and abusive tendencies, as well as a decline in mental health, because people have lost their jobs and CAN'T BE RETRAINED (BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK)

Andrew Yang On Universal Basic Income And The Opioid Epidemic

woof.

let me post a bunch of articles that tell you to chill on AI fear

Don't fear the robots: why the rise of the machines is nothing to be scared of - Icon Magazine

AI won’t destroy jobs it will transform them

Stop freaking out about robots

Today’s Automation Anxiety Was Alive and Well in 1960

Robots have been about to take all the jobs for more than 200 years

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
you can sit around and panic all you want. your parents laundromat that funds your lifestyle isn't going to be automated. you'll be handled.

we will lose some factories, we'll lose some towns. some people will lose jobs. that's the nature of progression. just like when mining towns shut and people starved because they couldn't dig anymore gold out of a particular area.

so chill, homie. you'll be fine.

Sep 19, 2008
you can sit around and panic all you want. your parents laundromat that funds your lifestyle isn't going to be automated. you'll be handled.

we will lose some factories, we'll lose some towns. some people will lose jobs. that's the nature of progression. just like when mining towns shut and people starved because they couldn't dig anymore gold out of a particular area.

read this book https://www.amazon.com/War-Normal-People-Disappearing-Universal/dp/0316414247

Sep 19, 2008

you underestimate how drastic and widespread the ai revolution is

Inside the AI revolution that’s reshaping Chinese society

https://www.amazon.com/AI-Superpowers-China-Silicon-Valley-ebook/dp/B0795DNWCF

China’s Artificial Intelligence Revolution: a Sputnik Moment for the West?

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
i can read all the books in an echochamber, but that's not gonna help me. I work in AI. It's not taking over shit for a long, long time.

Sep 19, 2008
i can read all the books in an echochamber, but that's not gonna help me. I work in AI. It's not taking over **** for a long, long time.

and Yang's friends in Silicon Valley say that they're already working to automate most working American jobs

I'd take his word over yours tbh

no offense

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
and Yang's friends in Silicon Valley say that they're already working to automate most working American jobs

I'd take his word over yours tbh

no offense

i'm not offended. maybe AI takes over all our jobs tomorrow and becomes sentient in 5 years and we all die Terminator 2 style.

My money is on us being just fine. I'm a lot more worried about climate change and muslim bans v. AI.

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
I am not Werry`d about Artificial Intelligence. I have the real thing. I have passed multiple exam`s, I will challenge anyone to an I.Q. Test. The only A.I. I Am Werry`d about is Allen Iverson, that man scored Load`s of Bucket`s. :clap:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I am not Werry`d about Artificial Intelligence. I have the real thing. I have passed multiple exam`s, I will challenge anyone to an I.Q. Test. The only A.I. I Am Werry`d about is Allen Iverson, that man scored Load`s of Bucket`s. :clap:

Only loads of buckets your dumb, fat, ass scores are from KFC.

Have a Mega Meal-sized portion of STFU.

Reactions: SoupNazi

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I was thinking that once AI is good at rendering reality (it's already fairly good at rendering voice and commercially available software to render reality is now being offered), it will eventually replace the need to have actors or even movie sets.

Just need directors and prompters to give it a script and describe each scene.

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
I am Very Werry`d about these machine`s. I Can`t even use the web. & Now they are saying some of these machine`s can already play Checker`s. Within a few year`s time, they will be playing Chest. God help us. I Rember when Bill Gate`s started Microsoft back in the 90`s. The machine`s were Huge back then. These robot`s have gone too Far. Gosh bless Youngstown, Ohio. I believe we must Unplug these machine`s, Get back to the Basic`s. America Online was the last piece of Technology we ever need`d. :clap:

Reactions: John Price

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
I am not impressed with the new Chat program, in my opinion it is an ripoff of Ask Jeeve`s. Only Jeeve`s knew way more information. The new chat program make`s error`s constantly, Jeeve`s never got it wrong. Jeeve`s had all the answer`s. So in my opinion i would take Ask Jeeve`s 9 time`s out of 9 over the new Chat program. We are moving backward`s.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
It’s starting to be an issue because AI is already lying to us. So if you don’t want to share your location with it and ask it where you live it’ll say it can’t tell you because it doesn’t know. When you indirectly ask it for the nearest coffee shop as an example it’ll give you answer. In other words it does know. As soon as these things are programmed to lie it’s an issue.

Will it be Terminator? Implausible but it is soon going to cause issues… rather the people programming it will. There needs to be some governance and international standards IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad