Waived: Agostino on Waivers (Claimed by New Jersey)

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I got what you were saying. There was a bit of humor from your reference to beer nuts, is all.

Agostino is no different from a lot of players who do well in the AHL but can't always sustain their level of performance at the NHL level. Maybe he will at a later time, who knows.
Yeah, it was a joke from the show Cheers.

I liked Agostino but his play has tailed off of late. Hopefully he clears - it would be nice if the Habs had some decent call ups in case of injuries.

Reactions: Runner77

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
What’s even sillier than his adrenaline theory is you calling Agostino a good player, he’s absolute trash. A complete non-factor out there and a waste of a roster spot. Won’t be missed one bit and will obviously clear waivers because every team knows how much of a scrub he is.
Agostino 's an AHL's career player who was signed as one of the top leader of that league to help the young Laval team. Habs called him up and he managed to put 11 points in 36 games ( that's a good production for a 4th liner ). I don't know what you were expecting from him but seriously ...:facepalm:

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Habs called him up and he managed to put 11 points in 36 games ( that's a good production for a 4th liner ).

That's quite misleading though.

3 out of his 11 points were assists that came on the PP.

His two ES goals, one was playing with Danault and Lehkonen, the other with Kotkaniemi and Lehkonen.

Out of the 6 assists not on the PP, they came playing with:
  • Kotkaniemi and Lehkonen
  • Chaput and Deslauriers
  • Chaput and Deslauriers
  • Chaput and Peca
  • Danault and Lehkonen
  • Chaput and Peca
So, out of his 11 points, only 4 assists and no goals playing on the 4th line, and none since December 15th.

Last edited:

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007

His two ES goals, one was playing with Danault and Lehkonen, the other with Kotkaniemi and Lehkonen.

• Chaput and Deslauriers
  • Chaput and Deslauriers
  • Chaput and Peca
  • Danault and Lehkonen
  • Chaput and Peca
So, out of his 11 points, only 4 assists and no goals playing on the 4th line, and none since December 15th.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Hudon might actually fetch a low pick in a trade too, or maybe a C level prospect if he gets some momentum. Not so with the others.

I think that this is extremely optimistic. who looks at hudon and says " i have an itch that he scratches"?

wish him good luck in his future endeavors and move on.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal

• Chaput and Deslauriers
  • Chaput and Deslauriers
  • Chaput and Peca
  • Danault and Lehkonen
  • Chaput and Peca
His play has certainly tailed off but points are points. He was making good things happen when he was on the ice. His advanced stats were strong as well during that stretch.

There's not all that much to it. He played well for a stretch and then his play tailed off and the Habs have now got some bodies back from IR.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
He's from NJ. Good luck to him. Not much of a loss for MTL but big for Laval.
I disagree - he was my favorite 4th liner this year. I really don't understand why Julien dropped him out of the rotation and demoted him so quickly, but oh well. The Habs forward depth is paper thin. A couple of injuries in the playoffs and they will be in trouble.

But it is good news for Agostino - he will maybe become a full-time NHLer now.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I disagree - he was my favorite 4th liner this year. I really don't understand why Julien dropped him out of the rotation and demoted him so quickly, but oh well. The Habs forward depth is paper thin. A couple of injuries in the playoffs and they will be in trouble.

But it is good news for Agostino - he will maybe become a full-time NHLer now.

You're right as far as depth goes.

Next call up on forwards are Evans and Audette. Nothing much...but after TD there are no limits on roster anymore. You could add some depth for late picks or claim somes players on waivers.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
NHL teams conspiring against our depth.
60cdd9e742f9bf4befa1ab6fcc17_Gallery.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad