Waived: Agostino on Waivers (Claimed by New Jersey)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I just dont understand how they value chaput over agostino tho, i dont get that

I valued both Agostino and Chaput over Alzner. I'm surprised they valued Folin over Agostino. I guess they want 7d available right away instead of risking not being able to call a d up in time for the game in case of a freak accident.

I also think they think Agostino has the best chance of clearing. But it seems a bit quick to give up on him after a solid first half, despite his recent bad stretch.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Byron back. Hudon will be traded soon and Weise will be back in his rightful place.

Do you have a link that Byron is back? Last I heard he's on injured reserve and it looks like he'll be out a month.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I valued both Agostino and Chaput over Alzner. I'm surprised they valued Folin over Agostino. I guess they want 7d available right away instead of risking not being able to call a d up in time for the game in case of a freak accident.

I also think they think Agostino has the best chance of clearing. But it seems a bit quick to give up on him after a solid first half, despite his recent bad stretch.

11 of their next 15 games are on the road. They need 7 D, and one can't be Alzner.

Reactions: Redux91

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Amazing the year we have had, and it seems like half of MB's pickups, have hit waivers...

I'll say it: Bergevin might end up wining me over. Can't think of much else than a GM admitting his mistakes and getting rid of high cap hi dead weight like Alzner and Schlemko. The good half are the fast guys (Byron, Petry, Danault, Domi, Tatar, Reilly, Kulak.) The bad half are the slow guys (Alzner, Schlemko, etc..) Armia and Weber are the exceptions. I just hope Bergevin starts to value high end skill and talent in addition to his fondness for speed and character.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
73dR.gif

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Pretty sure this move is to get Folin on the roster. Agostino gave us some quality games for awhile, which is what you want from a veteran call-up. He can't do it over the long run, but he did his job. He should be a help to Laval as they make a playoff push.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
11 of their next 15 games are on the road. They need 7 D, and one can't be Alzner.

Yeah that makes sense. But remember, Deslauriers can play d in case of a last minute emergency. Would I rather lose Agostino to waivers or go 5 D plus Deslaruiers for a game in the unlikely event that there's a last minute injury and a Laval D can't make it back in time? I can understand the thinking of going with the former.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Another bust gone. Keep cleaning.

Bust ? He exceed expectations but he's better in Laval right now.

Pretty sure this move is to get Folin on the roster. Agostino gave us some quality games for awhile, which is what you want from a veteran call-up. He can't do it over the long run, but he did his job. He should be a help to Laval as they make a playoff push.

Folin is already on the roster taking Alzner's spot. It's for Byron or Weise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad