Waived: Agostino on Waivers (Claimed by New Jersey)

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He was not pointless - he had 11 points in 36 games. Honestly do you even follow the Canadiens?

Johnny Boychuk played 5 full AHL seasons before becoming an NHL regular, does that mean he's not an NHLer? Come on now. We'll see where Kenny Agostino ends up, but making all these claims like he is not an NHLer as if they are facts is just silly. He is what he is. He's a bubble 4th liner. For now. He's a depth forward. Where he ends up in his career is to be determined. Accept the mystery.

“This is” pointless. Not “he is” pointless.

A depth forward is not an NHL player. Thanks for proving my point.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Agostino had speed and was resposible (despite his recent turnover streak). Not sure why we gave up on him.

We were doing well getting younger and faster. We'll see how old men Weise and Thompson do. I'll give Bergevin the benefit of the doubt because of his overall success in the bargain bin (Armia, Byron, Reilly, Kulak, Deslauriers, Weise, Weaver, etc...) But he did also bring in Nesterov, Schlemko, Alzner, King, Martinsen, and Ott. So no guarantee this works out.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Agostino had speed and was resposible (despite his recent turnover streak). Not sure why we gave up on him.

We were doing well getting younger and faster. We'll see how old men Weise and Thompson do. I'll give Bergevin the benefit of the doubt because of his overall success in the bargain bin (Armia, Byron, Reilly, Kulak, Deslauriers, Weise, Weaver, etc...) But he did also bring in Nesterov, Schlemko, Alzner, King, Martinsen, and Ott. So no guarantee this works out.

Meh, we aren't really getting older, we get experiences for the playoff, Thompson is gone after this. Agostino wasn't a fit on a 4th line playoff team, nor a fit for MTL future. If Weise/Thompson disappoint we still have Peca/Hudon/Deslo options that can rotate.

Reactions: Fixxer and 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Meh, we aren't really getting older, we get experiences for the playoff, Thompson is gone after this. Agostino wasn't a fit on a 4th line playoff team, nor a fit for MTL future. If Weise/Thompson disappoint we still have Peca/Hudon/Deslo options that can rotate.

I was just hoping for Brassard and Marcus Johansson, if they're passed over by other teams, and available cheap.

I'm skeptical about Weise. The game was very different when he was with us. That was back in the day when Lucic was an effective NHLer. Weise has grit and some skill. But the new NHL is about footspeed - it remains to be seen if he can keep up.

Reactions: zeeto

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal

I liked Ott though. He was good in that series against the Rangers and was good on draws.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I was just hoping Brassard and Marcus Johansson are overlooked by other teams and can be had at very low prices:

Drouin Danault Gallagher
Tatar Domi Byron
Lehkonen KK Armia
Johansson Brassard Shaw

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
I was just hoping Brassard and Marcus Johansson are overlooked by other teams and can be had at very low prices:

Drouin Danault Gallagher
Tatar Domi Byron
Lehkonen KK Armia
Johansson Brassard Shaw
No need to trade picks/youth for Johansson and Brassard playing on the 4th line. We ain't pushing for the cup and we need to keep our core tightly stitched. Look at Vegas adding Tatar last year.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Marc loves shopping at Dollarama!! The guy is Da King, of trying to create depp!!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Marc loves shopping at Dollarama!! The guy is Da King, of trying to create depp!!

As long as he's also doing well in the big moves (Drouin-Sergachev, Domi-Galchneyuk, Weber-Subban, Shaw-Eller+2 earlier 2nds are all looking better), I'll take the Byron, Armia, Danault, Petry, etc...'s that he's been able to get in the bargain bin. Better that than a GM that gives up the farm at the deadline.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
i don't get the point of waiving Agostino, who was providing about as much as you can want/expect from a 4th liner and who was a known commodity as far as fitting into the room, and then trade for a guy like Nate Thompson...

yes, FO aspect, but we've already seen how poorly slow footed 4th liners work in a CJ lineup, i don't get this...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
As long as he's also doing well in the big moves (Drouin-Sergachev, Domi-Galchneyuk, Weber-Subban, Shaw-Eller+2 earlier 2nds are all looking better), I'll take the Byron, Armia, Danault, Petry, etc...'s that he's been able to get in the bargain bin. Better that than a GM that gives up the farm at the deadline.
7 years of training.........we might just be going in the right direction. He's made some real doozies the other way also...it hasn't all been pretty. Funny how people can be so selective when it come to this clown.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
7 years of training.........we might just be going in the right direction. He's made some real doozies the other way also...it hasn't all been pretty. Funny how people can be so selective when it come to this clown.

What are the doozies you're refering to? His big moves are looking better and better. And, he's waayyyy up when it comes to his bargain bin moves. If you line them all up you'll see just how far ahead he is and how little he gave up.

The only doozie I can think of that really hurt us is Subban for Weber.

Jul 6, 2016
Good for Agostino to have been picked up by NJ... Too bad for Laval which needed a vet forward like him to put some pucks in the net.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
What are the doozies you're refering to? His big moves are looking better and better. And, he's waayyyy up when it comes to his bargain bin moves. If you line them all up you'll see just how far ahead he is and how little he gave up.

Maybe in the future, but do you see a big difference today? I don't. Both players AND THEIR TEAMS are at about the same level.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Whaaaaaaat? He got claimed?!!! Seriously, they're just trying to screw with the Laval Rocket who Binghamton is fighting with for a playoff spot. Damn, this actually pisses me off.

Reactions: covfefe

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
i don't get the point of waiving Agostino, who was providing about as much as you can want/expect from a 4th liner and who was a known commodity as far as fitting into the room, and then trade for a guy like Nate Thompson...

yes, FO aspect, but we've already seen how poorly slow footed 4th liners work in a CJ lineup, i don't get this...

Agostino is not faster than Weise.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

One good summer, doesn't erase 6 years of poor decisions...don't get me wrong, glad we may be turning a corner, on our prospects etc but this clown could make a bad decision tomorrow, and we could slip again. Just can't be trusted, just yet, in my books.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad