After Pittsburgh, who has the best forward prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
Jaded-Fan said:
You may argue that some teams are more stocked than others, argue with HF rankings (and I quote, 'Strengths: 1 Goaltending quality 2 Excellent depth at forward), reasonable minds can differ. But to say the Pens cupboard is bare @ forward is patently ridiculous.

These are HF's rankings of our center position alone:
1. Sidney Crosby 10.0C
2. Evgeni Malkin 9.0C
3. Maxime Talbot 6.5A
4. Johannes Salmonsson 7.5C
5. Ben Eaves 6.5C
6. Erik Christensen 6.5C
7. Ryan Stone 6.5C

My apologies. By saying the cupboard was bare, what I really meant to say was "there is nothing but AHL and 3rd/4th line talent, though there is the presence of some boom/bust potential".

Anshakov certainly has the boom/bust factor, though the fact that he's still over in Russia makes me wonder if he's learned from his mistakes. Salmonsson certainly has it as well, but Christensen and Stone (among the ones you named) still have lots to prove in my eyes.

Depth at forward is fine to have, but having it doesn't make your talent pool better. Of the other teams I mentioned, I mentioned players that I believe will play on the top two lines and contribute very well. I just don't think the Pittsburgh prospects have it (though I will admit to being a big Talbot fan who should make a good a 3rd-line center as there can be).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad