After Pittsburgh, who has the best forward prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
RallyKiller said:
Since pitt has two star caliber forward prospects I wanted to see what team(s) had the best forward prospects after them.

Are you still counting Crosby as a prospect?

Robert Paulson*

octopi said:
I do, and so does HF:

1. If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect.php

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Colorado has a good crop: Svatos, Wolski, Parshin, Stoa, Stastny, Fritsche, Durrand and Hensick. However none were really considered blue-chip prior to this season.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I suppose Edm isn't too bad with, Schremp, Cogliano, Pouliot, Jacques, Trukhno, Goulet, and maybe even Mihknov, and Umicevic all having top 6 potential. And don't laugh, both Mihknov and Umicevic have looked dominant at times this year. And I think guys like Schremp and Cogliano have all-star potential.

Not as good as the Pens by a long shot, but still not too bad depth, imho. Alongside guys like Stoll, Horcoff, Torres, and Hemsky I think the Oilers have a bright future. :) Finally it looks like Edmonton is starting to draft a bit better!! Yay!

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Ya LA should be #1 but ok.....
Brown, Cammalleri, Tambellini, Kopitar, Tukonen, Pushkarev, Boyle, Lehoux, Kanko, Roussin, Hogenboom
Pittsburgh may have the best 2 foward prospects but overal foward prospects we should be #1

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
AnThGrt said:
Brown, Cammalleri, Tambellini, Kopitar, Tukonen, Pushkarev, Boyle, Lehoux, Kanko, Roussin, Hogenboom
Pittsburgh may have the best 2 foward prospects but overal foward prospects we should be #1

thought he was in pheonix?

i'd agree on LA though, they have a great group. Other might challenge, but i think LA will win in the end.

Randall Graves*

octopi said:
yes, but if you want to throw him out of the prospect category then I guess Pittsburgh could be included.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Hasbro said:
Colorado has a good crop: Svatos, Wolski, Parshin, Stoa, Stastny, Fritsche, Durrand and Hensick. However none were really considered blue-chip prior to this season.

excellent draft this year... im jealous

Transported Upstater

AnThGrt said:

I am not impressed with Cammalleri, at all, personally...

But the Kings have some excellent prospects on their hands. However, Brown will not be considered a "prospect" for many more games...

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
Hasbro said:

Colorado is doing well, but I would have to agree with a previous poster and say LA's got it.

With Cammy, Tukonen, Brown, Kopitar, and Tambellini, I'd be extremely surprised if any of them were to become less than a top-six. Tambellini is looking more and more like a 1st liner these days too, and Kopitar and Tukonen do have the potential to hack it.

Following them, I'd certainly take Minny (O'Sullivan, Pouliot, and Koivu), Anaheim (Ryan, Getzlaf, and Perry), Buffalo (Zagrapan, Vanek, Roy, Stafford), New Jersey (Parise, Zajac, Bergfors, Vrana), Philly (Carter, Richards, Umberger, Potulny), Pittsburgh (Crosby and Malkin but empty afterwards) and Washington (Ovechkin, Fehr, Semin).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Habs main strength in their farm system is their forwards. Perezhogin, Higgins and Plekanec are all playing well in the NHL as rookies but Higgins is having problems producing although his all round game is fun to watch, it remains to be seen just how good of an NHLer he will be if he can't produce at a better clip. Perezhogin has a lot of skills but is just coming off a viral infection and has been impressive at times. Plekanec is usually never talked about due to the other Hab prospects getting all the hype, since he was a 3rd rounder, but he's a very good hockey player imo, not great in any area but works hard, good speed, decent offensive skills, faceoff abilities and has some grit to his game.

After the 3 NHLers, Habs have Latendresse, Kostitsyn, Chipchura, Grabovsky, Locke(leads Hamilton in scoring), with some lesser known offensive guys like Aubin, D'Agostini, Siarhei Kostitsyn (having a great rookie year with London) Juraj Mikus and our skilled offensive prospects but long shots in Michael Lambert, Cory Urquhart, Duncan Milroy. There's also Lapierre and J T Wyman but it's hard to say what kind of offense they will bring in the future.

With Perezhogin, Higgins, Plekanec, Latendresse, Kostitsyn, Grabovsky (off to a slow start in the RSL) and Locke the Habs know they have some very interesting offensive prospects. Plus character guys like Chipchura, Lapierre, Ferland and the impressive play of their most recent draft picks, Mikus, Aubin, D'Agostini and Siarhei Kostitsyn, it will be interesting to see who pans out and who doesn't.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Pete Rock said:
Colorado is doing well, but I would have to agree with a previous poster and say LA's got it.

With Cammy, Tukonen, Brown, Kopitar, and Tambellini, I'd be extremely surprised if any of them were to become less than a top-six. Tambellini is looking more and more like a 1st liner these days too, and Kopitar and Tukonen do have the potential to hack it.

Following them, I'd certainly take Minny (O'Sullivan, Pouliot, and Koivu), Anaheim (Ryan, Getzlaf, and Perry), Buffalo (Zagrapan, Vanek, Roy, Stafford), New Jersey (Parise, Zajac, Bergfors, Vrana), Philly (Carter, Richards, Umberger, Potulny), Pittsburgh (Crosby and Malkin but empty afterwards) and Washington (Ovechkin, Fehr, Semin).

???

At center alone, after Crosby and Malkin Christensen is already making a name for himself. Salmonsson is considered to have worlds of potential, Stone we all know what he did last year.

You may argue that some teams are more stocked than others, argue with HF rankings (and I quote, 'Strengths: 1 Goaltending quality 2 Excellent depth at forward), reasonable minds can differ. But to say the Pens cupboard is bare @ forward is patently ridiculous.

These are HF's rankings of our center position alone:
1. Sidney Crosby 10.0C
2. Evgeni Malkin 9.0C
3. Maxime Talbot 6.5A
4. Johannes Salmonsson 7.5C
5. Ben Eaves 6.5C
6. Erik Christensen 6.5C
7. Ryan Stone 6.5C

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team/pittsburgh_penguins

Transported Upstater

I don't care about the rest of Pittsburgh's prospects...Crosby and Malkin together make a bigger impact than the top 5 Los Angeles prospects combined, which to me suggests they are the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->