Affiliates IX: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I finally have some time to update my depth chart spreadsheet and noticed that Harrington is on a one-way contract but seems to be on the 3rd defensive pairing in Cleveland. Seems like a big drop.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
In the pre season against Buffalo I remember their announcers getting confused with Nyquist and Bjorkstrand and called him Bjorkquist. I just noticed tonight there is actually a Bjorkquist on Wilkes-Barre. So the guy wasn't that far off. On a lesser note, the Monsters are getting taken to task so far by the Penguins. Shut out last night in a lackluster effort, and not faring much better tonight, down 2-0 in the 2nd.

Edit: 3-0.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
@Monstershockey How do you feel about Monsters' chances on making a legit playoff push? Things are not looking great right now, 6 losses in a row have sunk them to the bottom of their division (by point%). Are they able to make it without guys like Sillinger, Chinakhov and Marchenko leading the charge?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
@Monstershockey How do you feel about Monsters' chances on making a legit playoff push? Things are not looking great right now, 6 losses in a row have sunk them to the bottom of their division (by point%). Are they able to make it without guys like Sillinger, Chinakhov and Marchenko leading the charge?
They are kind of a mess right now. No one is really playing well, special teams don't look good. Goaltending has been ok, but haven't had any help. The defense has been leaky. They can hang with good teams, but make costly mistakes that loses them games.

Right now they are hanging in with Hershey, down 2-0, they scored as I was typing this. Currently going on the power play, so hopefully they score.

As far as Sillinger and Chinakov goes, they could probably help, I would rather they stay where they are.

As far as thier PP went, they killed it fine. They have no spark. 2-0 after 2. Very lackluster effort so far.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Bemstrom played for the monsters tonight and recorded an assist.

Hopefully he played well. His first step to hopefully making his return. I don't think (and hope we haven't) we've seen the last of Bemmer.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Trey is the best player on the team right now right? He seem pretty much just as good as in junior.

Christiansen is good but he still need work in his own end.

who else do you think is best and/or second best?

Also shoutout to Justin Scott.

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Trey is the best player on the team right now right? He seem pretty much just as good as in junior.

Christiansen is good but he still need work in his own end.

who else do you think is best and/or second best?

Also shoutout to Justin Scott.
After TFW and Christiansen, it is pretty much just flip a coin. Stenlund just came back from injury, but I think the Jackets have seen enough from him. Angle and Scott maybe? Like I said, flip a coin, not much else going on.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I actually thought they might sign clayton not sweezey. did he really show nhl upside ? he is physical and not much.

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Good for Sweezey on earning that contract. He's been fun to watch this year. I noticed he's been getting a lot of ice time, guess they like what he is doing. He is definitely a physical defensman. They don't show the minutes he gets, but its up there. He is second on the team with a +6. Honestly, I never really notice Clayton too much.

Reactions: ColumbusTrill

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters blown out last night as Berube's hot hand stayed in Columbus. Gave up 6 on 27 shots. Didn't help giving Grand Rapids 6 PP's, of which they converted on 3. Switching back and forth between the Jackets game it seemed every time I watched the Monsters, they were either in the box, going to the box, or just gave up a goal. Stopped checking when it was 5-0. Not a good season for them.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters give up 2 goals to Utica in final minute and Greaves misses his first shutout. Insane OT with no whistles and end to end action most of the 5 minutes, Monsters end up winning in shootout. Greaves 34 saves on 36 shots.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Christansen had his 8-game point streak snapped last night.

He's 3-8-11 in 9 games in the month of March.

Reactions: LJ7

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Riley Nash making his first AHL appearance since 2012-13 for Syracuse against the Monsters tonight. That has to feel odd after playing in the NHL for a while.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Jet Greaves gets his first shutout against the Checkers. 31 saves. He's been playing well lately. Jake Christainsen with the only goal of the game.
Can you give us an update on Jake’s current game? Can he crack the Jacket’s top 6 next year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad