Adirondack, Manchester, and Norfolk fans?????

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Went to Manchester yesterday afternoon to see them play Elmira. Announced was 3978, but I would have put the actual at about maybe 1700. It was pretty sad having been to several AHL Manchester games that were weeknight and early round playoff games (that historically draw little) that had way more than that. This was a Sunday afternoon.

I've seen one ECHL game before, sitting against the glass in the small old building in Johnstown with a fired up crowd. Sitting high up in the 200's section of the Verizon Wireless Center, you can really see as a longtime AHL season ticketholder how much slower and sloppier everything is. Maybe it was the teams involved, but if that's a typical league game I can see why the numbers have dropped. On the plus side, there seems to be more hitting in this league than in the AHL the last few seasons....

Unfortunately, the one guy who was shaking things up (Paquette for Manchester) got chucked out of the game early, but it was still a testy game.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Went to Manchester yesterday afternoon to see them play Elmira. Announced was 3978, but I would have put the actual at about maybe 1700. It was pretty sad having been to several AHL Manchester games that were weeknight and early round playoff games (that historically draw little) that had way more than that. This was a Sunday afternoon.

I've seen one ECHL game before, sitting against the glass in the small old building in Johnstown with a fired up crowd. Sitting high up in the 200's section of the Verizon Wireless Center, you can really see as a longtime AHL season ticketholder how much slower and sloppier everything is. Maybe it was the teams involved, but if that's a typical league game I can see why the numbers have dropped. On the plus side, there seems to be more hitting in this league than in the AHL the last few seasons....

Unfortunately, the one guy who was shaking things up (Paquette for Manchester) got chucked out of the game early, but it was still a testy game.

Saw that game on TV. It was closer than it looked. Somehow.

For both teams it was their 4th game in 5 days. I'm amazed there was that much scoring.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Saw a recent Adirondack road game. They have a player on the blue line named Mathieu Brodeur. He looked like Chara out there.. his height, the heat he could put on the puck.
Admittedly, I kind of overlooked his play on the defensive end so I can't speak to it (and the Thunder gave up a lot of goals that night, but..)
As an impartial spectator, Brodeur made a positive impression on me.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Saw a recent Adirondack road game. They have a player on the blue line named Mathieu Brodeur. He looked like Chara out there.. his height, the heat he could put on the puck.
Admittedly, I kind of overlooked his play on the defensive end so I can't speak to it (and the Thunder gave up a lot of goals that night, but..)
As an impartial spectator, Brodeur made a positive impression on me.

Seen him play for several years with Portland (when they visited Providence). Average, but certainly not awful defenseman at the AHL level, so it's no surprise he's likely pretty good for the ECHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad