Adidas Sharks Jersey Reveal

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
For comparison, here are the old and new ones.

Home:

thumb.aspx

sjs.png

Away:

thumb.aspx

I'm starting to like the black on the collar and the "This is Sharks Territory," but something is off about the laces, they look horrible on both old and new. The high collars was one of the few things I liked about the Reeboks, oh well.

With a rounded collar the laces make no sense. The previous versions have a V neck that actually goes down and requires the laces to close it. The laces on the new jerseys are entirely decorative.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
With a rounded collar the laces make no sense. The previous versions have a V neck that actually goes down and requires the laces to close it. The laces on the new jerseys are entirely decorative.

To be fair, the laces on the old jersey were pretty much decorative too. There was a v shaped collar, but with the small extra piece in behind that had the NHL shield on it, the laces didn't really close the collar up any, just pinched that bottom section and made the jersey neck sit funny on someone. I don't think I ever saw anyone actually do up their laces.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
To be fair, the laces on the old jersey were pretty much decorative too. There was a v shaped collar, but with the small extra piece in behind that had the NHL shield on it, the laces didn't really close the collar up any, just pinched that bottom section and made the jersey neck sit funny on someone. I don't think I ever saw anyone actually do up their laces.

True, my main point was more that with a V neck, it looked like the laces actually could do something. The laces on the new jersey could be in the armpit and have the same level of usefulness.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
The single orange stripe on the sleeve still bugs me just like it did on last years. Have two of them or none of them!

Exactly, it bugs me too, have two or none of those orange stripes, preferrably the latter. Remove the laces and add a waist stripe and you would actually have a decent jersey.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Hopefully the cheap-o fan jerseys won't have the sleeves 8 inches longer than they god damn should be...

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Exactly, it bugs me too, have two or none of those orange stripes, preferrably the latter. Remove the laces and add a waist stripe and you would actually have a decent jersey.

yea, but will you really notice any of that during gameplay?

It's just a jersey, no need to expend any energy thinking about it

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
yea, but will you really notice any of that during gameplay?

It's just a jersey, no need to expend any energy thinking about it

I'm sorry but it boggles my mind how this franchise can create one of the greatest jerseys ever made with their '91 originals and then mess that up. They literally reached perfection with that set and should only be playing around with new jersey designs for their third alternates.

Didn't you notice how fantastic they looked in their heritage jerseys two seasons ago? Unfortunately they played like crap everytime they wore them but dang they looked great.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Collar on the home looks off, and the faux laces rather stupid. I'm surprised the Sharks would put anything faux on the jersey and avoid the small stigma of it.

I'm sorry but it boggles my mind how this franchise can create one of the greatest jerseys ever made with their '91 originals and then mess that up. They literally reached perfection with that set and should only be playing around with new jersey designs for their third alternates.

I like those jerseys, but jerseys are designed to bring in revenue nowadays. That explains the constant tinkering, and not so great ones that will be replace by better ones... all for revenue.

Personally, I like to wear my early jersey but the issue now is it doesn't fit as well anymore. It's too big.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
I've had a couple days to digest. I still hate these. Look like practice jerseys where someone put the laces on wrong. Lots of hate for the 07-13 jerseys, but those are some of my favorites for pulling off a non-horizontal stripe.

WestCoast

Oct 25, 2006
How they haven't gone back yet to some semblance of the original uni's is beyond me.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I've had a couple days to digest. I still hate these. Look like practice jerseys where someone put the laces on wrong. Lots of hate for the 07-13 jerseys, but those are some of my favorites for pulling off a non-horizontal stripe.

I think you're thinking of the 01-07 jerseys because the 07-13 jerseys basically only have horizontal stripes except on the collar.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
I think you're thinking of the 01-07 jerseys because the 07-13 jerseys basically only have horizontal stripes except on the collar.

Ah! You are correct. Now everyone's comments make more sense to my confused mind. I liked the 01-07 sleeves a lot.

polmaniac932

Mar 25, 2006
San Jose
www.youtube.com
For comparison, here are the old and new ones.

Home:

thumb.aspx

sjs.png

Away:

thumb.aspx

I'm starting to like the black on the collar and the "This is Sharks Territory," but something is off about the laces, they look horrible on both old and new. The high collars was one of the few things I liked about the Reeboks, oh well.

They seriously look the same to me. I get there are minor changes but it blows me away that there are so many out there who feel so strongly about this.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
They seriously look the same to me. I get there are minor changes but it blows me away that there are so many out there who feel so strongly about this.

I think it's the same group of people (myself included) that hated the previous jerseys. The new jerseys are the same hated design AND they made the one thing we all liked (the laces) worse.

Ukapitalo

Jul 5, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA
I prefer the cleaner design over what we had from 01 through 13, but the continuation of faux laces and a single orange stripe are ridiculous. Where and why did the color orange come to be in the first place?? I'll be wearing my 91 jersey until they actually put out something worth wearing.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Watch the Sharks release an all Orange 3rd next year like the Cuda's.

TealTown22

Mar 26, 2013
San Jose, CA
www.tealtownusa.com
Like the "Sharks Territory" inside the collar, hate the new collar and the laces are too low so it looks dumb. I like the new home shoulder patch. Overall not impressed. Was praying it would have gray or be more like our heritage with the new logo. I expect that those surveys they sent out are for the alternate Jersey we will probably unveil for the 18-19 season. Unless that looks awesome I doubt I will be buying an addidas jersey any time soon.

CoolHockey.com now has the vintage teal CCM sharks jerseys from the 90's and they're fully customizable, so I plan to get a #15 Korolyuk of that and take a break from buying jerseys. In case you aren't familiar with coolhockey, they do full stitching on all names/numbers none of that heat pressing.

Based on looking at the coolhockey site, it looks like those aren't actually from the 90's but are the version they put out for the 20th anniversary. One tell-tale sign is the black outline around the should patch is noticeably thicker than the original from the 90's. Just an FYI.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
Based on looking at the coolhockey site, it looks like those aren't actually from the 90's but are the version they put out for the 20th anniversary. One tell-tale sign is the black outline around the should patch is noticeably thicker than the original from the 90's. Just an FYI.

Those aren't the 25th Anniversary Heritage Jerseys made by Reebok, they are newly made CCM Vintage throwback jersey replicas of the original Sharks jersey from 1991. CCM has the license to do throwbacks and their availability comes and goes but you can practically get any one from any team you want. I still can't decide whether I want a 1967 Oakland Seals or 1971 California Golden Seals jersey.

Here's the page link:

https://www.coolhockey.com/p23805/S...ca-NHL-Hockey-Jersey/mobile_product_info.html

Icejerseys has these too.

StarCraft

Flash > Gretzky
Apr 11, 2010
This season's practice jerseys are completely redesigned as well. Not sure if these were used during camp, but I haven't seen these posted yet.

DLUGXXMVwAAkRQf.jpg

Personally, I like it. If you described it to me (sharks logo in a white circle, weird white back neck and adidas stripes down side), I would probably tell you that sounds horrendous, but this actually looks pretty appealing. An improvement, I think.
Google tells me the Capitals practice jerseys are identical so it's probably a cookie cutter design used leaguewide which perhaps makes it a bit less interesting...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad