Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Likely no adidas stripes, I think.

Oilers going Orange
Wild getting new green homes (similar to outdoor jersey)
Devils likely going full on changes to jersey, maybe logo too (cool that Patrick will be the 1st player presented with the new threads)
Capitals maybe moving to the retro set
Flames maybe going retro

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

It was quite strongly said that the Devils aren't changing anything by Shero and a number of other sources. Something about the team's identity.

I think they actually fear the backlash... Devils have had very minor changes since 1982.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It was quite strongly said that the Devils aren't changing anything by Shero and a number of other sources. Something about the team's identity.

I think they actually fear the backlash... Devils have had very minor changes since 1982.
I thought I heard something about them possibly going back to green instead of black as a secondary color. I cold be mistaken though.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I think I'm the only person on HF that likes the adidas stripes and hopes they'll be on the jerseys

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I prefer white at home/color on the road. It adds to rivalries. Seeing the Habs in red, Toronto in blue, instead of seeing Phoenix, Montreal, Calgary and Buffalo all in white.

I hope we don't see the adidas stripes on all the jerseys. It's unnecessary. If it works for your team - enjoy. I don't want to see classic sweaters ruined.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yay we get to be love child of the Leafs and Red Wings full time again!!!

I said YAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please.... for the love of GOD please get rid of the Lightning's current duds and make them silver and black again. I'm begging you Vinik

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Seconded! These uniforms were beautiful!

winnipeg-jets-heritage-classic-jerseys.jpg

Hey Guardian17, I think we have been in agreement for quite some time regarding the Jets jerseys and our wish to see them switch to the Heritage Classic version with the current logo. As purdy44 pointed out that the majority of us on our board feel this way as well, I have the feeling that the Jets are going to make the same mistake as the Blue Bombers did for 20 years when they ignored the fans desire to go back to the popular royal blue of the 70s and 80s. Even though the fans absolutely loved the Heritage Classic uniforms, which were also ranked as one of the best looking, I think the Jets will stubbornly stay with the current uniforms which have been ranked as one of the dullest (with the exception of the logo). I hope I'm wrong and that they do give the fans what they want but I doubt they will do so. Maybe after 20 years they will come to the same conclusion as the Bombers finally did and give the fans what they want.

:jets

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Hey Guardian17, I think we have been in agreement for quite some time regarding the Jets jerseys and our wish to see them switch to the Heritage Classic version with the current logo. As purdy44 pointed out that the majority of us on our board feel this way as well, I have the feeling that the Jets are going to make the same mistake as the Blue Bombers did for 20 years when they ignored the fans desire to go back to the popular royal blue of the 70s and 80s. Even though the fans absolutely loved the Heritage Classic uniforms, which were also ranked as one of the best looking, I think the Jets will stubbornly stay with the current uniforms which have been ranked as one of the dullest (with the exception of the logo). I hope I'm wrong and that they do give the fans what they want but I doubt they will do so. Maybe after 20 years they will come to the same conclusion as the Bombers finally did and give the fans what they want.

While these jerseys are indeed beautiful I feel like they are too "team USA" looking. Very "American" due to the colors. I think the Jets are better off with what they have.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I think I'm the only person on HF that likes the adidas stripes and hopes they'll be on the jerseys

No. There's an incredible amount of uniform snobbery on HFBoards - piping too thick, piping too thin, not enough blue, too much blue.

As a wings fan, I love that we have classic O6 uniforms, but they've barely changed in my 25 years as a fan. So I'm looking forward to a different twist (I loved our Stadium Series jerseys, especially with the white gloves)

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
While these jerseys are indeed beautiful I feel like they are too "team USA" looking. Very "American" due to the colors. I think the Jets are better off with what they have.

There are several countries around the world that have blue, red and white as their colors such as England and France. I don't think any team should be restricted because they are 'American' looking due to the colors. That would be the same as telling the Red Wings to not use red and white because it's too 'Canadian' looking.

Last edited:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Unfortunately, I have too agree with you.

Chipman wanted to call the team the Manitoba Bears and all they did was slap the present logo on those jerseys.

Hopefully, like the Bombers, they'll come to their senses.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I prefer white at home/color on the road. It adds to rivalries. Seeing the Habs in red, Toronto in blue, instead of seeing Phoenix, Montreal, Calgary and Buffalo all in white.

I hope we don't see the adidas stripes on all the jerseys. It's unnecessary. If it works for your team - enjoy. I don't want to see classic sweaters ruined.

I fully agree with you jw2. The home teams should go back to wearing white so that we can see the main colors of the road teams uniforms. The NBA and MLB teams wear white at home and that's how it should be with the NHL.

With regards to the switch to adidas for team jerseys, I think it's ridiculous that the manufacturer is such a focal point. The emphasis should be on the teams and what they and their fans want and not how the name or image of the manufacturer can be highlighted. I have no interest whatsoever in seeing adidas stripes on the jerseys. Like most fans, I want the teams (logos, colors, etc.) to be the focal point not the damn manufacturer.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I fully agree with you jw2. The home teams should go back to wearing white so that we can see the main colors of the road teams uniforms. The NBA and MLB teams wear white at home and that's how it should be with the NHL.
That's not accurate with a lot these days with MLB teams. There have been a number times when the Blue Jays have worn their blue alternate jersey at home in Toronto. The one difference is they are wearing white pants.

Last edited:

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
If they went back to home whites I'd be happy.

Home whites are so bland and goes against crowd colours. It's much more stimulating to see the "C of red", Leafs blue crowd, Teal Sharks crowd, etc. I never understood why home whites are a thing.

As for Adidas, I feel like some of the designs work well enough that adding a third stripe wouldn't be too distracting (like the stripes on the Leafs jerseys could be 3 instead of 2), but at the same time, not all teams have the same format for their jerseys. I was fine with the underarm stripe with the WCoH jerseys, so it'll be interesting to see what Adidas does with the jerseys.

Last edited:

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Who does the jerseys for the KHL? Is it a coincidence that Russian players are wanting to come back to the NHL the same year as Adidas jerseys? Slavs squatting

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
That's not accurate a lot these days with MLB teams. There have been a number times when the Blue Jays have worn their blue alternate jersey at home in Toronto. The one difference is they are wearing white pants.

Well I did say they wear their white at home. You mention the Blue Jays have worn their blue alternate jersey at home which may indeed be true but I would ask you - what color is their basic home uniforms worn for the most part?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Well I did say they wear their white at home. You mention the Blue Jays have worn their blue alternate jersey at home which may indeed be true but I would ask you - what color is their basic home uniforms worn for the most part?

For this season at home the Blue Jays have rotated between their home white jersey and alternate blue jersey. Plus for this season on every Sunday home game and on Canada Day, they now wear a red jersey and red maple leaf hat.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Call me crazy but I think the home team should be allowed to choose any uniform they have for the game, whether that be their home away or alternate.. teams could create promo nights around the uniform of choice, although I also understand saving that type of novelty for the postseason.

Is there a particular reason as to why there are never color vs color matchups? I'm sure they could work, for example Sens red vs Leafs blue and Sharks teal vs Nashville gold

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
What's going to be out there for sale for retail? Fanatics is making all replicas so how closely will those resemble the one ice jerseys? And what will Adidas be producing in terms of authentics? Another thing I read had them producing "authentics" as in they'll be similar to the Indo-Edge jerseys that are currently produced by Reebok which aren't the on ice game jerseys either.

From what I understand, Fanatics is going to be making the standard quality jerseys that are for fans. IE the ones that range from like $120-$200 for blank/customized. Believe the current version of these would be the Edge jerseys. The big difference here though is that they will have the Fanatics logos on them, not the Adidas logos. So the only way you can get a jersey with the actual logos NHL teams will have is by going Authentic, and those run $300+.

Here is a picture of the Fanatics logo that will be on the bottom of the jersey, and I'd assume a similar logo on the neck.

2b7ad8e665cb055e1f75b73a67208094

Here is an actual confirming this info

Really sucks. I'd suggest buying a new jersey now / soon so you dont have to have the brutal fanatics crap.

Are the jerseys going to look like the ones we see on the ice? Brandon Williams of Fanatics tells us, “The new replicas will look similar to the on-ice versions, however the changes/enhancements have more to do with the feel and wearability of the fan jersey.”

aka yuck

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
From what I understand, Fanatics is going to be making the standard quality jerseys that are for fans. IE the ones that range from like $120-$200 for blank/customized. Believe the current version of these would be the Edge jerseys. The big difference here though is that they will have the Fanatics logos on them, not the Adidas logos. So the only way you can get a jersey with the actual logos NHL teams will have is by going Authentic, and those run $300+.

Here is a picture of the Fanatics logo that will be on the bottom of the jersey, and I'd assume a similar logo on the neck.

2b7ad8e665cb055e1f75b73a67208094

Here is an actual confirming this info

Really sucks. I'd suggest buying a new jersey now / soon so you dont have to have the brutal fanatics crap.
Fanatics is also putting their label on playoff merchandise being sold this year for the teams who made it. For example look at this picture of a Maple Leafs playoff shirt from this year and you will see the Fanatics label inside the neck line.

thumb.aspx

I also recently just purchased myself an Auston Matthews Reebok Home Premier Jersey, so I don't need to worry about purchasing anything with the Fanatics brand labeling.

Finally during a boxing day sale at a local collectibles store in the Toronto area I go to, I purchased myself an autographed framed photo of Auston Matthews. This wasn't a major deal but it was pointed out that Fanatics put their logo in photo because of their deal with the NHL and with Matthews himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad