Adidas Jersey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
Do we know for sure that there are going to be stripes up the sides of the jerseys?

I feel like the changes aren't going to be that big for some teams, didn't Toronto just get new jerseys this year?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I feel like the changes aren't going to be that big for some teams, didn't Toronto just get new jerseys this year?
Yes they did.

27787173572_3e673d718a_b.jpg

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Really hoping Buffalo goes back to at least slightly lighter shades of blue and yellow/gold. I would say they're almost certainly going to dump the horrible grey piping on the sides. It'd be a crime if they didn't.

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
Do we know for sure that there are going to be stripes up the sides of the jerseys?

We don't know yet. Although we've already seen them on the sides, Adidas also has put their stripes across the shoulders of some of their soccer jerseys.

kttp-2.jpg

So no third jerseys for 2017-18...interesting.

Makes things a lot easier for Adidas. Plus, will make them more money. Without a choice between home/alternate they will get fans to buy the new jerseys this year and then want the alternate next year or whenever they are added. Giving fans the choice this year I'm sure would hurt sales.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Teams should show their colors at home, not on the road. Pretty simple concept. See every playoff crowd.

As if they wore white no one would show up? :laugh:

Most sports wear "road grays" which is how it should still be with the NHL. White at home just how it should be.

Baseball and basketball still do it, it's a tradition (that the NHL should follow again)

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Most sports wear "road grays" which is how it should still be with the NHL. White at home just how it should be.

Baseball and basketball still do it, it's a tradition (that the NHL should follow again)

I concur, sir. Whites at home.

Excited to see what they come up with. I think they'll have a different style, but they'll mostly just have subtle changes. Rumor has it only 2 teams will have significant revisions.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Reebok is owned by Adidas and Reebok is transitioning into a life-style brand (workout gear, MMA, Cross-Fit, Gym wear, etc). Adidas is taking over and adding it to their stable of Sports Jerseys that they already had with NBA and MLS. But yeah, because of the switch, they reported that 3rd jerseys would be done away with, they reported that at the start of the season.

As far as I can remember Reebok was exactly this. They broke into the U.S. market only offering tennis shoes. The sports gear came much later.

As far as any changes to the Penguins uniforms go, I don't see any need for changes. They finally got it right and brought back a great looking uniform.

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
I'm hoping that the stripes are not put on every single jersey, and the fact that Pittsburgh and Toronto just made new jerseys this season makes me think that it won't happen.

Makes no sense for those teams to have their fans buy a jersey that will only be used for one season.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
I'm hoping that the stripes are not put on every single jersey, and the fact that Pittsburgh and Toronto just made new jerseys this season makes me think that it won't happen.

Makes no sense for those teams to have their fans buy a jersey that will only be used for one season.

the designs will probably be the same for most teams, but it seems like they are going to a round collar instead of the V collar. Might look more like the Nike national team jerseys.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't get it why everyone is so obsessed with wearing white at home. To me it's much better to wear your team's colors on home ice and not white.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

An apparent Penguins practice jersey leaked a few months ago and it had the stripes. All the WCOH jerseys had the stripes. It wouldn't be hard at all for the stripes to be integrated into Pittsburgh and Toronto's designs, they just plop them under the arms vertical along the sides of the jersey. Am I saying I want the stripes? No. Just that I wouldn't be surprised if the jerseys had them.

Adidas-praccy-front.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

If you look at the on ice jersey for the WCOH, the change from Reebok Edge to Adidas whatever isn't going to be nearly as dramatic as the change up from the CCM Airknit/Ultrafil jersey to the initial first wave of Edge jersey which have been dubbed by fans 1.0s. Aside from the material with the circular pattern on the shoulders, it seems to use the same materials seen on 1.0s/2.0s for most panels, the only real striking difference is the collar.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I hate the fact that teams have to have white jerseys, they should be able to choose any colour. As long as they dont clash then its acceptable.

Exactly.

Each team should have one main and one alternate.

Wear the main jersey every game, until it's too similar to the opponents, like Rangers vs Lightning or Red Wings vs Flames.

Then, if that's the case, just solve it by having one of the teams use their alternate (randomize it at the start of the year along with the schedule being created).

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

I assume he means how cool it looks where there's a sea of orange or red or yellow or whatever...

If every home playoff crowd wears white then it's not special.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Likely no adidas stripes, I think.

Oilers going Orange
Wild getting new green homes (similar to outdoor jersey)
Devils likely going full on changes to jersey, maybe logo too (cool that Patrick will be the 1st player presented with the new threads)
Capitals maybe moving to the retro set
Flames maybe going retro

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Rather than searching each teams' board for logo/uni changes, I thought I'd try and start a league-wide thread to discuss the upcoming switch to Adidas for the uni supplier.

It's been reported that due to time constraints with manufacturing, no teams will have a third/alternate jersey this year (except one-offs like Winter Classic).
Educated guessers are saying they'll debut at the draft, and all teams will debut at the same time, rather than each team having separate announcements.

What changes (if any) do you expect from your team? What would you like to see?

I'm a Jets fan, and it seems the majority on our board would at least be satisfied to see the Jets use their current logo on their Heritage Classic uni's (bring back the red pants!!!!)

Seconded! These uniforms were beautiful!

winnipeg-jets-heritage-classic-jerseys.jpg

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
A lot of things left to be answered. Supposedly they may be doing warmup jerseys next year which is what that Penguins jersey might be. Similar to the NBA where they have shootaround gear and MLB where they have batting practice jerseys, they may have jerseys specifically for warmups. So we'll see if that's the case.

Behold: We have our first look at an Adidas-crafted NHL jersey.

As the league prepares to transition to Adidas as its official outfitter starting next season, some images of a Pittsburgh Penguins warmup jersey leaked via eBay this week. According to respected uniform database site **************** and confirmed by a source at Adidas, the photos contained within the posting are legitimate.

The jerseys are an example of “warmup jerseys” which will be worn during the skate prior to opening puck drop, similar to what the NBA does with their pregame warmups.

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/leaked-penguins-jersey-may-first-look-adidas-nhl-designs-122816

What's going to be out there for sale for retail? Fanatics is making all replicas so how closely will those resemble the one ice jerseys? And what will Adidas be producing in terms of authentics? Another thing I read had them producing "authentics" as in they'll be similar to the Indo-Edge jerseys that are currently produced by Reebok which aren't the on ice game jerseys either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad