Adidas Jersey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON
Rather than searching each teams' board for logo/uni changes, I thought I'd try and start a league-wide thread to discuss the upcoming switch to Adidas for the uni supplier.

It's been reported that due to time constraints with manufacturing, no teams will have a third/alternate jersey this year (except one-offs like Winter Classic).
Educated guessers are saying they'll debut at the draft, and all teams will debut at the same time, rather than each team having separate announcements.

What changes (if any) do you expect from your team? What would you like to see?

I'm a Jets fan, and it seems the majority on our board would at least be satisfied to see the Jets use their current logo on their Heritage Classic uni's (bring back the red pants!!!!)

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Reebok is owned by Adidas and Reebok is transitioning into a life-style brand (workout gear, MMA, Cross-Fit, Gym wear, etc). Adidas is taking over and adding it to their stable of Sports Jerseys that they already had with NBA and MLS. But yeah, because of the switch, they reported that 3rd jerseys would be done away with, they reported that at the start of the season.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Reebok is owned by Adidas and Reebok is transitioning into a life-style brand (workout gear, MMA, Cross-Fit, Gym wear, etc). Adidas is taking over and adding it to their stable of Sports Jerseys that they already had with NBA and MLS. But yeah, because of the switch, they reported that 3rd jerseys would be done away with, they reported that at the start of the season.

Done away with for 1 year so that it makes the transition easier..

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Pretty much every Blues fan wants them to go back to their old colors. AKA the ones used in the Winter Classic this year. They want them to be their permanent jerseys. I agree, they are very unique and would be colors no other team has really.

That said, I bet they will be no different than their normal home and away they have right now.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I hope some teams try something unique colour wise....very boring watching Red, Blue or Black in every game....

GetThePuckOuttaHere*

Feb 23, 2017
If they went back to home whites I'd be happy.

For a large portion of teams, white just doesn't look good at all. I don't know how well it would work or look, but I'd prefer teams to just use their lighter colours at home; for example, I love the Penguins' solid yellow jerseys far more than their white ones, and wish they would permanently replace the whites with them.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I hope some teams try something unique colour wise....very boring watching Red, Blue or Black in every game....

I see you're a Bruins fan. I always thought it would be really cool for them to go back to their brown/yellow. I really like those color combinations on their winterclassic jerseys and whatnot. It would be very unique!

No this is not a post about penguins and bruins having the same colors. I just really like the dark brown and yellow scheme.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
I hate the fact that teams have to have white jerseys, they should be able to choose any colour. As long as they dont clash then its acceptable.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
I hate the fact that teams have to have white jerseys, they should be able to choose any colour. As long as they dont clash then its acceptable.

I agree. A lot of sports do this. Here is a shot from this year's 6 Nations in rugby.

irewal8afp_2021461i.jpg

Here's one in football.

BaBZnY3CUAEL5us.jpg

It's even happened in hockey.

2014+Bridgestone+NHL+Winter+Classic+Toronto+gTws-UrU0BGx.jpg

These look much better than one color vs. white, in my opinion. For those who will ask, in sports that routinely do this the teams have a normal jersey (or kit, sweater, shirt, etc) and an alternate of a contrasting color. In rugby the home team changes, a tradition dating back over a century when the away team was less able to transport enough kit easily, though this can and does vary.

Last edited:

malkshake

Jan 12, 2012
Vancouver
Would love to see hockey take a European football approach to jerseys minus advertising. Teams have many different kits. Just off the top of my head I know Barcelona has red/blue, orange, teal, black etc.

GTS

Apr 10, 2017
Having a white jersey option prevents issues from happening when 2 teams have the same team colors.

....and that's the real reason. also changing the rangers jerseys might actually get someone to buy one lol, there generic and boring. and why don't they use the rangers logo on there jersey!. I liked the jerseys they used with the statue of liberty on it with a darker blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad