Confirmed with Link: Adam Pardy re-signs, 1 year, $700k

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Hope this doesn't mean anything negative about Redmond....

i'd rather have Pardy than Redmond.
Pardy was a punchline to start the season.
he played REALLY well when he was forced into big minutes.
as said before, as a 5-7 D, it's a very nice signing.

Redmond has more upside (duh) but Pardy's proven he can play steady D. plus, don't forget that PARDY DANGLEZ.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
i'd rather have Pardy than Redmond.
Pardy was a punchline to start the season.
he played REALLY well when he was forced into big minutes.
as said before, as a 5-7 D, it's a very nice signing.

Redmond has more upside (duh) but Pardy's proven he can play steady D. plus, don't forget that PARDY DANGLEZ.

Problem is, any player given 60% OZS against almost exclusively 3rd line or weaker players is going to look better than others...

That said, the real reason I'm angry is I got a money puck UFA article going out today and Pardy was one of the players on it... :rant:

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Problem is, any player given 60% OZS against almost exclusively 3rd line or weaker players is going to look better than others...

That said, the real reason I'm angry is I got a money puck UFA article going out today and Pardy was one of the players on it... :rant:

Quick, put it up before someone notices! :laugh:

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I'm hoping it won't have much of anything to do with Redmond. As you know, they're opposite sides. I actually like this signing as it's only one year term with a salary fully bury-able in the AHL. I'm hoping they sign Redmond then use Pardy as the AHL call up, unlikely Pardy gets claimed off waivers, and if he does... oh well. With little/no young AHL/NHL tweener depth on D available for waiver free call ups, I'd be very fine with this use of Pardy.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

I suspect he was gone regardless.

Pardy:
Nothing against him. He earned another look and the Jets have iced lesser 3rd pairing D.

That said, this signing means the Jets have 7 defenders returing from last year's lineup including 4 LD.

Not sure how goals against are going to be improved with the same D grouping and starting net minder. Are they banking everything on Trouba's growth?

Derfel*

Good to see Pardy back - he really turned it on in the last 8-10 games or so last year. Shows he really wanted to be here.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Pardy:
Nothing against him. He earned another look and the Jets have iced lesser 3rd pairing D.

That said, this signing means the Jets have 7 defenders returing from last year's lineup including 4 LD.

Not sure how goals against are going to be improved with the same D grouping and starting net minder. Are they banking everything on Trouba's growth?

Damn, we still won't be able to evaluate Pavs?

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Seems crowded back there. Stu is #5. Clitty, Pardy, Postma in the 6-8 holes with Redmond (ufa) and Ellerby (rfa) on the outside looking in.

That assumes Buff at forward or gone of course.

And a hole at #2 LHD. Which I think Morrissey is the current leading candidate for.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Seems crowded back there. Stu is #5. Clitty, Pardy, Postma in the 6-8 holes with Redmond (ufa) and Ellerby (rfa) on the outside looking in.

That assumes Buff at forward or gone of course.

And a hole at #2 LHD. Which I think Morrissey is the current leading candidate for.

Think we see, to start the season, what we had near the end of last year:

Toby/Bogo
Stu/Troubs
Ellerby (resigned)/Pardy
Clitty/Postma

Guys like Chiarot for added depth.

Redmond is gone. If Morrissey makes the squad, it's over guys like Clitty or Ellerby, making those guys trade bait, IMO.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
So, assuming Redmond comes back, that's 9 D. Ellerby likely is a goner.

Enstrom - Bogo
Morrissey - Trouba
Pardy - Postma
Clitsome - Redmond
Stuart

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg

Pardy:

I suppose they expect that a new coach and defensive system can increase a goalie's save percentage by around 2%. It can't, but I suppose they'll have to learn the hard way. Or, more likely, not learn it at all, and worry about our compete level, or some such thing, instead.

Anyway. Pardy will be fine as a depth option, it makes little difference to me. Chevy's made his bed on D with the Stuart contract. Let's try our best to get cozy, because I suspect the results will be uncomfortable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad