Former Bruins Adam McQuaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It depends how this year plays out . If Mcquaid sits out basically all the time when everyone is healthy there is zero percent chance he is back. First off it is nothing like this years summer , Grz was the surprise of the year , all Mcquaid had to do was beat out postma and hold off kids that in no way looked near ready . I am sure Mcquaid loves it here , in my eyes he has already proved that to me , I also never really get why guys who have made a lot of money like in baseball decide to switch cities and often go to worse teams for a couple million . First off you would think they would be comfortable and second of all winning and championships means you are assumed to be a better player and more money comes your way long term in and out of the sport . I think he is the greatest and I am not a Pat fan but to me Tom Brady gets that .

Now back to Mcquaid , I love this guy but I can't even wrap my head around some of you thinking he would want to stay in a suit here or Sweeney would do that to him . This guy can be as high as a 4 on some teams playing 20 minutes a night but a for sure 5 or 6 on others that would never be scratched . You can't take or expect a guy who has ran through a hundred walls for you that can still play a regular shift elsewhere and have a nice suit planned every game for him starting in October . His play has not declined . He has simply been passed by some and the game has changed a lot . Now if for some reason he wins a regular spot back this year which I believe is possible but very doubtful if 8 are healthy I can see how he would come back . If he doesn't there would have to be two of these eight guys gone in the summer , Holden alone wouldn't be enough to keep him here .

It isn't that I don't love your guys idea about keeping him I do it just isn't going to happen unless he climbs the ladder this year . If I am wrong I will gladly come back in October and admit it .
Is it me or has he become a little more mobile lately? He’s an old school defenseman that’s still effective. Trust me, he will see game action in the playoffs when the physical side starts to climb. Funny how he played against the Flyers. You still need a guy like this. It’s ok to pick their spots with him. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: Ladyfan

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Is it me or has he become a little more mobile lately? He’s an old school defenseman that’s still effective. Trust me, he will see game action in the playoffs when the physical side starts to climb. Funny how he played against the Flyers. You still need a guy like this. It’s ok to pick their spots with him. Nothing wrong with that.

He might have become a bit more mobile . It will be interesting who gets the six spots if all eight are healthy. I can see Holden going either way but who else do you think mcquaid might replace unless Grz declines a lot in the playoffs I see the other five as pretty well dressed for sure --three are for sure and carlo and miller are pretty close as far Mcquaid goes . Holden is a far different subject as far as they go and Grz as well.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I agree with @bruins repeat time - he has become more mobile. I noticed earlier this year. I guess Adam knew he would need to do so to say relevant as the league gets faster. He and Chara both, and Kevan Miller the year before really worked on his mobility. What character guys.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
Mc is a great banger you need in playoffs heavy hitter.but I agree he must work on being more mobile,especially when more than likely will be playing a fast team 1st Rd Go .Bruins Baby!!!!:nod:

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro
Have to feel terrible about Carlo.. 2 years in a row. Awful. Maybe he will be back? But that looked ugly.

So, likely this is now McQuaid's chance to be a force on the way to his 2nd cup. Darth Quaider time.

Also.. beautiful fight today

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Congratulations to Ladyfan who called me June 26, 2015 ecstatic they signed McQuaid to a 4 year deal. I concurred thinking it was a great deal and a smart move by Sweeney.

Nice call Susan you were 100% right

Oh and about Kevan Miller as well

Brilliant signing and evaluation of what he was going to be

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

He's displayed improved mobility going back to last season.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Congratulations to Ladyfan who called me June 26, 2015 ecstatic they signed McQuaid to a 4 year deal. I concurred thinking it was a great deal and a smart move by Sweeney.

Nice call Susan you were 100% right

Oh and about Kevan Miller as well

Brilliant signing and evaluation of what he was going to be
Why thank you ! They are two of my favorites.

Where are you ? I miss seeing you at the game. You resting up for the playoffs ?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Why thank you ! They are two of my favorites.

Where are you ? I miss seeing you at the game. You resting up for the playoffs ?
I had the game but my friend really really really wanted to go so he went with kid and I put the game on grabbed a Corona and 100 Market Basket & Shaws bags, put the game on my headphones and went outside and picked up a Winter of dog shit

I'll be there next weekend and thru June :naughty:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Bruins record with Adam McQuaid in play-offs...

36-21

Would be idiotic to dress Holden over him if all 7 D are healthy.

yup. the steadiness, physical play and leadership Quaider provides is vastly underrated by many here.

Funny how all these guys they bring in will "finally be the end of McQuaid" but he just keeps on going and outlasts them.

You need guys like McQuaid. You need the big nasty #4=#6 defenders still. Not everyone needs to be a small PMD

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Bruins record with Adam McQuaid in play-offs...

36-21

Would be idiotic to dress Holden over him if all 7 D are healthy.
Best part is it doesn't have to be one or the other....alternate them based on who's playing better.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He's displayed improved mobility going back to last season.

Wonder if it coincided with Cassidy being named HC?

I think the B’s defensive Dmen (Miller and McQ) look more mobile because they are being encouraged to join the play more, not because they have actually become more mobile (as they are aging).

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad

I think the B’s defensive Dmen (Miller and McQ) look more mobile because they are being encouraged to join the play more, not because they have actually become more mobile (as they are aging).

Well Kevan has really improved his play with the puck skills so naturally he has joined the play more because he has a lot more confidence. Adam looks more mobile but I don't really see him up the ice much.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Being a RH shot, he's naturally a better fit than Holden to play with Krug or Grzelcyk. His sweet spot is probably around 12-16 minutes. That's really all you need from a #6 D.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Well Kevan has really improved his play with the puck skills so naturally he has joined the play more because he has a lot more confidence. Adam looks more mobile but I don't really see him up the ice much.

And to think, just 2 years ago Miller was maligned here by many. Even very recently he's been described as a 3rd pair guy and some considered him a potential playoff healthy scratch. Always thought he was better than that.

I like the sentiment expressed here regarding McQuaid. The threat of physicality alone makes him a strong playoff consideration BUT there's also enough depth to go with the player who's playing best.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
And to think, just 2 years ago Miller was maligned here by many. Even very recently he's been described as a 3rd pair guy and some considered him a potential playoff healthy scratch. Always thought he was better than that.

I like the sentiment expressed here regarding McQuaid. The threat of physicality alone makes him a strong playoff consideration BUT there's also enough depth to go with the player who's playing best.

With McAvoy and Carlo healthy...Miller is a 3rd pair.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I thought they had improved mobility prior to Cassidy getting promoted to HC. I recall both making comments going into last season about recognizing the increased speed of the game and working on their foot-speed in the off-season to be able to stay effective. It's more noticeable for Miller, especially his back-wards crossover and lateral mobility.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I thought they had improved mobility prior to Cassidy getting promoted to HC. I recall both making comments going into last season about recognizing the increased speed of the game and working on their foot-speed in the off-season to be able to stay effective. It's more noticeable for Miller, especially his back-wards crossover and lateral mobility.

Naaaahhhh...it's the coaching, trust me :laugh:

Actually, I think you are right. I believe McQuaid talked about losing weight and being quicker (and people were concerned). I couldn't remember if it was the offseason before or this past one.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Naaaahhhh...it's the coaching, trust me :laugh:

Actually, I think you are right. I believe McQuaid talked about losing weight and being quicker (and people were concerned). I couldn't remember if it was the offseason before or this past one.
He always looks lean to me. I can't imagine he ever needed to lose weight

I remember a couple of years ago talking to one of the guys who works for the B's behind the bench ...I said Adam looks skinny. He told me he was pretty buff under the jersey and his upper body strength was impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad