Recalled/Assigned: Adam Lowry sent down to Moose

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Or maybe, just maybe, he wasn't even close to being ready for the role he was asked to play this year?

Exactly, guy was asked to make a massive step forward in tough DZS and then gets relegated to playing with 4th line plugs, mainly because they have no other options.

I also wouldn't call sending down a struggling 22 year old, 2nd year pro "sending a message". To who? Ehlers? Copp? What's the message? Young guys better play well while older, higher paid one's get a pass? Send a message to the veteran stiffs who need one, Stuart, Ladd, and Pavelec if he was still around for good measure.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
never been a fan of lowry at all, and honestly haven't seen anything more than good 4C or mediocre 3rd liner even last year when everyone was raving(yes yes he's young etc). But I actually thought the 4th line of him copp and peluso were performing well enough to earn a bit more ice time in that role.

i did find it odd that it didn't seem like maurice has been as vocal about praising lowry this year, so maybe it's just been festering? it is a strange move, because he hasn't been the source of our problems (other than being poor on the 3rd line) this year.

Derfel*

Hmmm. Lo-wright gets sent down, but no one gets called up.

Trade later today, perhaps? We'll be getting 2 players for 1?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Hmmm. Lo-wright gets sent down, but no one gets called up.

Trade later today, perhaps? We'll be getting 2 players for 1?

Lol, this is the Jets we're talking about, more likely they just haven't thought far enough ahead to decide who to bring up :shakehead.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
i really think it's probably just to get a game or two with the moose before friday since they had another injury.

I wouldn't look into it too deeply unless he's still there Friday afternoon.

I agree, although I'm not sure if he plays tonight and Thursday for the Moose that the Jets would have him play a 4th game in a row on Friday with the Jets. Who knows though.

If it's temporary I think he either plays two or three with the Moose and joins the team for the trip to Alberta, or even four with the Moose and rejoins the Jets at home on the 27th.

nhlpro

Nov 12, 2015
Peg City
So last week i bought a 1/1 Adam Lowry 2014 upperdeck black diamond card with 4 real 1 carat diamonds for $1000 that was part of the 2014 Rookie gems draft in which 25 real diamond cards were made, few days later he scores his 1st goal and now he gets sent down:cry::cry: I hope he is up soon, i really think he should of been on the 3rd line for the whole year with thornose on the 4th:nod:

ShooTer44

Oct 6, 2012
I think this is exactly why the Jets moved the Moose here. I have a feeling that Lowry will play tonight and tomorrow with the Moose and be back up with the Jets for friday's game against the Rangers.

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
I think this is exactly why the Jets moved the Moose here. I have a feeling that Lowry will play tonight and tomorrow with the Moose and be back up with the Jets for friday's game against the Rangers.

4 games in 4 nights? Harsh, man!

JustGivingEr

How far we done fell
Aug 17, 2009
Hamsterdam

I doubt they'll play him four days in a row. I could see him playing for the Moose tonight and then being back up for Friday's game. Or calling someone else up to play with the Jets on Friday. I don't think Lowry will be in the AHL past this week.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
So last week i bought a 1/1 Adam Lowry 2014 upperdeck black diamond card with 4 real 1 carat diamonds for $1000 that was part of the 2014 Rookie gems draft in which 25 real diamond cards were made, few days later he scores his 1st goal and now he gets sent down:cry::cry: I hope he is up soon, i really think he should of been on the 3rd line for the whole year with thornose on the 4th:nod:

That's pretty cool.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Was always over rated here so doesn't surprise me. Never should have seen the third line in the first place.
Put Thorburn on the fourth line, get someone with talent for Burmi and Ehlers, and this will be a new team.
*edit. Add Petan like others have suggested.

nhlpro

Nov 12, 2015
Peg City
Lowry scores a goal versus CLS, next game he has 8 hits against Chicago, then takes 1 BS penalty call next game and gets sent down. He is in the top 15 in the NHL in hits, top 11 last year in rookie season, and he gets sent down??:shakehead

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Lowry probably made a comment in passing about being jealous of the Moose's antler numbers, and considering the Jets don't play for 2 days, TNSE decided to let him live the dream.

;)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Wow...I had to Google that card...insane!

I'm think Grind is right - this is to get a warm body to the injury-plagued Moose and he'll be back with the Jets on Friday.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Wow...I had to Google that card...insane!

I'm think Grind is right - this is to get a warm body to the injury-plagued Moose and he'll be back with the Jets on Friday.

If this was really the case, then why isn't Copp on his way down as well?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad