Recalled/Assigned: Adam Lowry sent down to Moose

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Guys like Stamkos, Malkin and Crosby can do all of those things and put them together on a night to night basis. I'd argue that Ehlers and Petan don't have those elite level talents. Not yet anyway, that's for sure

Disagree. I think they both have elite talent, if by that you mean skill sets and IQ. We've seen it, including this year with Ehlers, and in the preseason with Petan. The vision, the hands, the ice sense, all there in spades. But they're young, they're rookies, they've got jobs to win and hold onto and teammates to oblige and a systems to align with. So they play like they think they're supposed to, on the lines they're assigned to, and try to learn the game at the next stage.

I have no doubt that both will make good, along with Morrissey, but I don't think either is exactly being set up to shine because I don't think that's how this team does things. The Jets are, so far as I can tell, about "Jets Hockey," whatever that is. The hope is that Ehlers, Petan and Co don't have to dilute their elite skill sets too much in order to play Jets Hockey, and eventually get a bit more free reign. I'd love to see those guys out on the pond.

UKJ

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Disagree. I think they both have elite talent, if by that you mean skill sets and IQ. We've seen it, including this year with Ehlers, and in the preseason with Petan. The vision, the hands, the ice sense, all there in spades. But they're young, they're rookies, they've got jobs to win and hold onto and teammates to oblige and a systems to align with. So they play like they think they're supposed to, on the lines they're assigned to, and try to learn the game at the next stage.

I have no doubt that both will make good, along with Morrissey, but I don't think either is exactly being set up to shine because I don't think that's how this team does things. The Jets are, so far as I can tell, about "Jets Hockey," whatever that is. The hope is that Ehlers, Petan and Co don't have to dilute their elite skill sets too much in order to play Jets Hockey, and eventually get a bit more free reign. I'd love to see those guys out on the pond.

UKJ

You can be creative within a system, Buff, Wheeler, Scheifele and Perrault are all really talented players that have found ways to be creative and perform quite well within the system. Ehlers I have no doubt will as well. No team, especially contending teams let their stars do what they want on the ice. They all have to adhere to the basic team system. I think it's more to do with the fancy moves they are used to doing in Junior do not work against NHL level players, they are also not the biggest guys and will have to learn how to compete against players who are much stronger and quicker than them.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
You can be creative within a system, Buff, Wheeler, Scheifele and Perrault are all really talented players that have found ways to be creative and perform quite well within the system. Ehlers I have no doubt will as well. No team, especially contending teams let their stars do what they want on the ice. They all have to adhere to the basic team system. I think it's more to do with the fancy moves they are used to doing in Junior do not work against NHL level players, they are also both not the biggest guys will have to learn how to compete against players who are much strangler and quicker than them.

every one of those players with the possible exception of Perreault (I do recall some negativity at times though) has gone through a phase of being in the doghouse of this fanbase at one time or another.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Back to "Adam Lowry sent down to Moose" topic...

We've got a "Draft and Develop" thread that the other topics can be discussed in.

I'll quote myself: back to the topic at hand - anything that doesn't at least mention Lowry gets moved or deleted. Probably deleted - that's easier to do. :sarcasm:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Hey Guys!!! Can you tell me where I can find the thread about Adam Lowry?

Your in the right place but you do know Chevy should have signed......;)

Expect a big game from Lowry tonight, hope they pair him with Petan.

Jeffsrig

Jan 27, 2015
Innisfail
I haven't been following much lately but turned on the game to see the blues score and Adam storm out of the box cursing the official. Next day I hear he's getting sent down.

Put into a role he could have done naturally without creating a spotlight around and then overcoached into failure?

I really hope he finds his mojo, he played a huge part of the success of this team last year.

Your in the right place but you do know Chevy should have signed......;)

Expect a big game from Lowry tonight, hope they pair him with Petan.

Clever..... I almost didn't catch that one, thought you were going senile but then it clicked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad