Recalled/Assigned: Adam Lowry sent down to Moose

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
A little, but not really, surprised. My guess is he didn't come to camp prepared, and it showed, so he's being sent down to get his **** back together.

Or maybe, just maybe, he wasn't even close to being ready for the role he was asked to play this year?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I thought he was doing relatively well on the fourth line. He hasn't been his old self but I didn't think it would warrant a demotion to the AHL.

I thought so as well. I didn't see his play hurting the team as much as some other guys, but you can't send them down.

Sure the number are down, but is Lowry really playing any worse than any of the 4th liners this organization has ever had.. whom never got sent down.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Raffl has a broken jaw he aint playing for us anytime soon. Lipon out till after Christmas. Is like the reverse of a call up? We short change ourselves to make the farm team better!

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Big fan of Lowry, but this is one of the benefits of having the Moose in Winnipeg IMO.

Whatever the reasons, Lowry isn't playing as well as he had last year. Is he the reason the Jets are losing? No. But he doesn't need to pass through waivers, and who's to say that a few games (who knows how long) in the Moose playing more minutes won't help him out?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Raffl has a broken jaw he aint playing for us anytime soon. Lipon out till after Christmas. Is like the reverse of a call up? We short change ourselves to make the farm team better!

Here you go, Zinger. Merry Christmas! :laugh:

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Or maybe, just maybe, he wasn't even close to being ready for the role he was asked to play this year?

Maybe a combination of the two. You see it sometimes where a player gets a spots, does really well at first, but then forgets how hard they had to work to get there. As such, next offseason, they take the gas off the pedal (mentally and physically) and have a big regression.

Lowry seems to be having that year, and I suspect it might have to do with what he did (or didn't do) in the offseason.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Could just be a conditioning thing. Some people have already mentioned that this is the benefit of having the Moose in the same building. The Jets don't play for a few days and Lowry doesn't have to clear waivers so they could just be giving him some extra playing time till the Jets start playing again.

Or it could be a massive 10 person trade the likes of which the league has never seen before! :sarcasm:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I thought he was doing relatively well on the fourth line. He hasn't been his old self but I didn't think it would warrant a demotion to the AHL.

All the way from being promoted as a first line center in TC to not being good enough to fit into the 3rd line. Something doesn't compute here -- or its the biggest shake-up the team could come up with on short notice.

Jimmy Hoots

Oct 10, 2013
Dammnnnn. What a fall from grace. Remember when they were trying this dude out on the top line in preseason? What happened?

Bigger questions :

Why is our development system so broken?

Why are young players consistently punished and marginalized by this organization while veterans get a free pass?

Is Adam Lowry done as an NHL player?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Last night post game Maurice was asked what he thought about the Lowry penalty after the icing. He commented something like (parapharasing) "the icing didn't cause the penalty. We had lots of time to change" it did sound like he was po'd at Lowry for not getting to the bench there.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Dammnnnn. What a fall from grace. Remember when they were trying this dude out on the top line in preseason? What happened?

Bigger questions :

Why are young players consistently punished and marginalized by this organization while veterans get a free pass?

Over reactions, man. I'm sure Lowry will get the message from this. Don't forget this is his SECOND NHL season. Nobody was expecting him to play as well as he did last year. He will learn from this.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
He hasn't been great this year, but I'm surprised by this move. Cue Cormier or Halischuk coming up.....

Oh great - just what we need -- Cormier or Halischuk to go along with Thorbs on the 3rd line & Peluso on the 4th. Given all the dumb moves we've made already this year, I can see this actually happening.

folix

Jul 24, 2011

Bigger questions :

Development is not really broken.

Young players punished? Yes, absolutely and really Lowry became a scape goat. I dont see how Lowry had any impact what so ever on why we lost the game.

The Vets need to be called to task. I totally agree, Ladd half assing it again, Stu over played, and over whelmed, Pleuso, wtf did he really do last night?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I saw the news on twitter and wanted to see what you guys were saying about this move because we have a guy in a very similar situation (Scott Laughton) who I actually hope gets sent down soon because a 21 year old is much better off playing 20 minutes a night in the AHL than 8 minutes on the 4th line in the NHL which is all Laughton has been getting lately.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Could just be a conditioning thing. Some people have already mentioned that this is the benefit of having the Moose in the same building. The Jets don't play for a few days and Lowry doesn't have to clear waivers so they could just be giving him some extra playing time till the Jets start playing again.

Could be just this. We will know on Friday if he's back with the Jets.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
When Pavs comes back I look forward to the meltdown on this board when Helly gets sent down, ladies and gentlemen the tank is back on!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Could be just this. We will know on Friday if he's back with the Jets.

I have a hard time seeing this as a conditioning stint. If it were and he's back up Friday it would mean he would be playing his 4th game in 4th night. It looks more like sending a message to me. Not saying this might not be warranted but there are much bigger culprits on this team that need to taken to task... ahem Stuart and Ladd.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
i really think it's probably just to get a game or two with the moose before friday since they had another injury.

I wouldn't look into it too deeply unless he's still there Friday afternoon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad