Player Discussion Adam Gaudette - Hobey Baker winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
The mind numbing quality of the Trump comment really overshadows one of the greatest things I have ever read m2b write, “So take your squat back to the gym Billy.”

This is an instant classic comeback shutdown like that I feel would come out of the mouth of White Goodman.

Some people live and breath hard work to achieve greatness and some stumble into it.

Bravo sir, bravo.
Yeah I edited it plus trumps a racist idiot so theres that

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Yeah I edited it plus trumps a racist idiot so theres that

Really... "there's that". The stuff you post is ridiculous and borderline fanatical in any which direction. Stop talking in absolutes because for the most part, people have already started to tune you out (or have already, a long time ago).

Gaudette MAY sign here and while indications are that there is little to fear, it is beyond GUARANTEED but he puts pen to paper. I certainly hope he does. He is a great prospect that will be a solid part of our Top 9/6 in many years to come.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Hi all. Really enjoyed checking in on this thread throughout the year, it's good to have some new NU fans (even if it's just for this season)!

For those who are concerned about Gaudette not signing with Vancouver...don't be. He will sign after this year. Additionally, the further NU goes this season, the less he has to prove at this level. So I'd advise against wishing for an NU loss in the NCAA tournament. He wants to win with the college that wanted him. He'll want to do the same with the team that drafted him.
Thanks for posting friend! Most of us arent too worried and cant wait to have Gaudette signed up! Will always have a spot for North eastern now just like North Dakota after Boeser played there :)

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Really... "there's that". The stuff you post is ridiculous and borderline fanatical in any which direction. Stop talking in absolutes because for the most part, people have already started to tune you out (or have already, a long time ago).

Gaudette MAY sign here and while indications are that there is little to fear, it is beyond GUARANTEED but he puts pen to paper. I certainly hope he does. He is a great prospect that will be a solid part of our Top 9/6 in many years to come.
Hey, leave M2B alone

Let he be himself

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour

If anyone wants to bet on him signing lmk - Him signing here is a pretty much a lock - I know as a Canucks fan we are used to bad news but come on now - he's already stated he's a loyal guy and wants to repay the Canucks loyalty - I mean really now? I would be shocked if he doesn't sign. Find something else to be pessimistic about people......

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
... Him signing here is a pretty much a lock ... he's already stated he's a loyal guy and wants to repay the Canucks loyalty - I mean really now? I would be shocked if he doesn't sign. Find something else to be pessimistic about people......

First off, I think Gaudette will sign in Vancouver.

Secondly, though, I don't think you're right to be so dismissive of those who have concerns. If he's said he's a loyal guy, well,

Jimmy Vesey at the conclusion of his junior year at Harvard:"I have a great relationship [with Nashville], and I think I'm a very loyal person ..."
Predators prospect Vesey opts to stay at Harvard

According to Nashville Assistant GM Paul Fenton, before the trade deadline in Vesey's senior year,

“I spoke with Jimmy Vesey after the [Beanpot Tournament] consolation game in early February and asked the player three times if he was signing with us,” Fenton said. “I realized he was in a tough position here, but that we needed to know from a lineup standpoint and from our trade deadline plans as to what he was going to do and we would not fill his spot.
We believed he had top-six potential to play for us.”
Fenton then confirmed that Vesey said he wanted to sign with the Predators each time he was asked.
Based on those assurances, the Predators decided to stand pat at the deadline.
Four things to know about the Jimmy Vesey-Predators drama

Gaudette will likely sign with Vancouver. I'm not raising it as a concern, merely responding to your post. To say things like "really people" and "Find something else to be pessimistic about people" and "Him signing here is a pretty much a lock" is unduly dismissive of those that mention that he isn't signed yet.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
First off, I think Gaudette will sign in Vancouver.

Secondly, though, I don't think you're right to be so dismissive of those who have concerns. If he's said he's a loyal guy, well,

Jimmy Vesey at the conclusion of his junior year at Harvard:"I have a great relationship [with Nashville], and I think I'm a very loyal person ..."
Predators prospect Vesey opts to stay at Harvard

According to Nashville Assistant GM Paul Fenton, before the trade deadline in Vesey's senior year,

“I spoke with Jimmy Vesey after the [Beanpot Tournament] consolation game in early February and asked the player three times if he was signing with us,” Fenton said. “I realized he was in a tough position here, but that we needed to know from a lineup standpoint and from our trade deadline plans as to what he was going to do and we would not fill his spot.
We believed he had top-six potential to play for us.”
Fenton then confirmed that Vesey said he wanted to sign with the Predators each time he was asked.
Based on those assurances, the Predators decided to stand pat at the deadline.
Four things to know about the Jimmy Vesey-Predators drama

Gaudette will likely sign with Vancouver. I'm not raising it as a concern, merely responding to your post. To say things like "really people" and "Find something else to be pessimistic about people" and "Him signing here is a pretty much a lock" is unduly dismissive of those that mention that he isn't signed yet.
Pretty diffy situation then Vesey tho. Gaudette has said he will be loyal to the team that DRAFTED him and hes projecting to be MUCH better then Vesey so theres that

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Talking about loyalty in this context is really very dumb imo. I have zero doubt he will sign with Vancouver but good for him if he doesn't.

The canucks have done him zero favours and he owes them nothing.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
What favours should they have done?

None?

I am directly responding to those who claim that Gaudette signing with the Canucks has something to do with "loyalty." That makes zero sense. The Canucks exercised a collectively bargained right to obtain negotiating powers with Gaudette which are exclusive of the other 30 teams. That is all the "draft" is. A bunch of teams calling dibs. f*** off with this "loyalty" bullshit.

The Canucks have done nothing for Gaudette. I would be proud of him if he told the Canucks to shove it.

Last edited:

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
None?

I am directly responding to those who claim that Gaudette signing with the Canucks has something to do with "loyalty." That makes zero sense. The Canucks exercised a collectively bargained right to obtain negotiating powers with Gaudette which are exclusive of the other 30 teams. That is all the "draft" is. A bunch of teams calling dibs. **** off with this "loyalty" bull****.

The Canucks have done nothing for Gaudette. I would be proud of him if he told the Canucks to shove it.
Proud? Gaudette is the one who brought up loyalty to Canucks. They showed faith in him by drafting him.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Proud? Gaudette is the one who brought up loyalty to Canucks. They showed faith in him by drafting him.

He would have been better off had nobody drafted him, and he could sign with whom he pleased. The Canucks did him no favours by securing for themselves exclusive negotiating rights.

Yes, I would be proud of him. That would be a brave and noble thing to do.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Some of the last few replies in here really have me shaking my head. C'mon guys, really?

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Some of the last few replies in here really have me shaking my head. C'mon guys, really?
Thats what I thought too whats with the negative nancys going all hardcore against him singing here? The poster but gillis has been good before too with correctly posting about Benning the baffoon but to go this far to not want our top prospects to be here? Wtf guys think yur losing perspective

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Thats what I thought too whats with the negative nancys going all hardcore against him singing here? The poster but gillis has been good before too with correctly posting about Benning the baffoon but to go this far to not want our top prospects to be here? Wtf guys think yur losing perspective

I am against the NHL entry draft philosophically. I endorse players seeking freedom to choose their employer. It has nothing to do with the Canucks or Gaudette in particular.

I won't say anything further on the topic as it is the Gaudette thread; I was just responding to your comment that he should sign with the Canucks "out of loyalty." I disagree vociferously with this comment. There is no logical reason whatsoever for him to owe any "loyalty" to the canucks.

I fully expect him to sign with the Canucks in the next few weeks and I am excited to watch him play in the NHL. I just would not be remotely "offended" or upset if he does a very brave thing by staying in school.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
In fact signing with the Canucks makes sense. We are so desperate for talent that he can pretty much count on a real chance to play in the NHL, which is a major payday for these guys. He's not going to get that chance right away on most of the other teams.

I chatted on line with Greg Kerfoot - one of the major reasons Alex Kerfoot signed with Colorado over VCR was he was pretty much promised NHL time right away. We can offer that to Gaudette, and Gaudette and Pettersson will help put people in the seats next year, because the team sure as hell isn't going to do it.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Might start on our 3rd line next year and work his way up depends on if they have PBP playing center or wing i suppose either way Horvat will be a top 6 center and not sure how itll complicate things if Jim the bozo resigns the Sedins or not but that would complicate it thats for sure but regardless i think the one thing Gaudette can bank on is getting a starting position and work his way up from there I know im hoping something like this and of course will change with free agency and trades and some other unseen prospect making the jump too

PBP Horvat Boeser
Baertchi Gaudette Virtanen
Goldy Sutter Lipesic
Clamato Gaunce Archie
Eriksson Gagner

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I am against the NHL entry draft philosophically. I endorse players seeking freedom to choose their employer. It has nothing to do with the Canucks or Gaudette in particular.

I won't say anything further on the topic as it is the Gaudette thread; I was just responding to your comment that he should sign with the Canucks "out of loyalty." I disagree vociferously with this comment. There is no logical reason whatsoever for him to owe any "loyalty" to the canucks.

I fully expect him to sign with the Canucks in the next few weeks and I am excited to watch him play in the NHL. I just would not be remotely "offended" or upset if he does a very brave thing by staying in school.
He has that option to follow the route taken by vesey, but you also have to consider that he broke out offensively as a sophomore whereas vesey broke out as a junior. So another year in the ncaa doesn’t really improve his game. He already followed up his sophomore year with another great year as a junior. The other thing was to improve his physical strength and conditioning.

Time is to move up a level. Would kind of plateau if he returned for a senior year. He’ll be the oldest group be younger players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad