Player Discussion Adam Gaudette - Hobey Baker winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Thats what I thought too whats with the negative nancys going all hardcore against him singing here? The poster but gillis has been good before too with correctly posting about Benning the baffoon but to go this far to not want our top prospects to be here? Wtf guys think yur losing perspective

I think it's fair to go "all hardcore" against him singing here. Does he have a musical background? Do you think he'd come here just to sing the anthems before games, or is he in a rock band and will play shows on a regular basis?

C'mon, put a bit more effort into your posts.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
In fact signing with the Canucks makes sense. We are so desperate for talent that he can pretty much count on a real chance to play in the NHL, which is a major payday for these guys. He's not going to get that chance right away on most of the other teams.

I chatted on line with Greg Kerfoot - one of the major reasons Alex Kerfoot signed with Colorado over VCR was he was pretty much promised NHL time right away. We can offer that to Gaudette, and Gaudette and Pettersson will help put people in the seats next year, because the team sure as hell isn't going to do it.
I think it makes sense because you're more likely to get a longer leash with an organization that drafted you (more PP time, more ice time, etc) and there is already a familiarity with systems/players from summer camps. So many of these college free agents that end up signing somewhere (other than the team that drafted them) either get forgotten in the AHL or traded.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Might start on our 3rd line next year and work his way up depends on if they have PBP playing center or wing i suppose either way Horvat will be a top 6 center and not sure how itll complicate things if Jim the bozo resigns the Sedins or not but that would complicate it thats for sure but regardless i think the one thing Gaudette can bank on is getting a starting position and work his way up from there I know im hoping something like this and of course will change with free agency and trades and some other unseen prospect making the jump too

PBP Horvat Boeser
Baertchi Gaudette Virtanen
Goldy Sutter Lipesic
Clamato Gaunce Archie
Eriksson Gagner

What...did I just read? Seriously, that's a stream of consciousness reminiscent of the best of Joyce or Faulkner.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
What...did I just read? Seriously, that's a stream of consciousness reminiscent of the best of Joyce or Faulkner.
Look Im Just hopeful Eriksson and Gagner aint in the lineup and the Sedins not coming back look how much worst it is with them

PBP Horvat Boeser
Sedin Sedin Sutter
Eriksson Gagner Lipesic

Goldy Archie Clamato Gaunce

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Look Im Just hopeful Eriksson and Gagner aint in the lineup and the Sedins not coming back look how much worst it is with them

PBP Horvat Boeser
Sedin Sedin Sutter
Eriksson Gagner Lipesic

I think we would all like to see Gagner and Eriksson launched off the nearest pier, but it is not terribly likely.

I don't think the lineup is objectively worse with the Sedins back for one year. Goldobin and Motte havent shown very much, and Archibald and Gaunce are who they are.

The major goal for next year should be doing everything possible to help the development of Petersson, Boeser, Juolevi, Demko, whoever we draft this year, and yes even Virtanen. If Gaudette and/or Dahlen make the team on merit, great as well, though my expectations for them are lower for next year. We do need some vets, ideally not named Sam or Louie, to help insulate all the new kids. As we have see even on these boards, youthful zeal without knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Reactions: billvanseattle

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

PBP Horvat Boeser
Sedin Sedin Sutter
Eriksson Gagner Lipesic

Missing granny from the list.

Ericsson, contract is wha it is. Can’t be moved. Gagner, up to the owner if he wants to write that cheque.

The issue with the sedins is that they themselves need to be insulated on the defensive end. So, a defensive zone draw is either taken by sutter or horvat. So, limiting bricks offensive chances if he has to start in th defensive zone.

Unless the twins suddenly become competent enough where green can trust them to start defensively, they shouldn’t be brought back. Because you burden the Bo line with th defensive draws. Sutter can’t take them all. Because you won’t be asking Gaudette to take them as a rookie.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So for Gaudette and Northeastern it's "one and done" the rest of the way....win and you keep playing, lose and you're out.....first test is Michigan tomorrow.....could be we see Gaudette by next weekend?

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com

PBP Horvat Boeser
Sedin Sedin Sutter
Eriksson Gagner Lipesic

My lineup after we jettison #21 and #89:

Baer Horvat Boeser
Goldobin Lipesic Virtanen
Sedin Sedin Pettersson
Archibald Gaudette Cassels

Dahlen - Utica
Gaunce - traded
Sutter - traded

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver

Baer Horvat Boeser
Sedin Sedin Pettersson

Dahlen - Utica
Gaunce - traded
Sutter - traded
Leipsic is not a center, Petterson and Sedins docent seems like a strong combination.
Cassels is no 3 center in the AHL, he not ready of NHL duty at all.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

jonnygf40

Oct 23, 2009

Baer Horvat Boeser
Sedin Sedin Pettersson

Dahlen - Utica
Gaunce - traded
Sutter - traded

I've mentioned it on other threads, I think we should pursue RNH in the offseason. We have a glut of wingers that they can try with mcdavid and drai, and we DESPERATELY need a center especially if the twins call it quits after this year. And where we sit, we wont be getting one in this year's draft either.

To Edm: Dahlen +
To Van: RNH

Liepsic Horvat Boeser
Baertschi RNH Pettersson
Goldobin Gaudette Virtanen
Archibald Sutter Gaunce

or

Liepsic Horvat Boeser
Gaudette RNH Pettersson
Sedin Sedin Virtanen
Baerstchi Sutter Archibald

And yes, Im purposefully excluding Gagner and Eriksson.

mkev400

Jul 21, 2016
I have been following this thread a while now, and the closer we get to then end of the season, the bigger the hype this gets (deservedly so, based on his numbers in college).
However, with the ongoing Gaudette watch reaching constantly new heights and everyone projecting him to be a top/middle 6 center as soon as next year, I can't help but feel that there is some shortsight here. Afterall, there was massive outrage only a couple of weeks ago when our gernius GM traded for Jokinen and Motte, the latter of which had a similar trajectory (minus the hype, cause the Blackhawks were still somewhat good at the time) than Gaudette. And look at Motte now, just a few short years down the line and we are talking about another reclammation project that couldnt cut it in the pros anywhere else.
In light of that, should we really all go all mental on Gaudette and push him into the second center role as soon as tomorrow? I do hope he turns out like the star m2b is heralding him to be. Afterall we desperately need it. But there is still the off-chance that he's just going to turn out like a Tyler Motte or Jake Virtanen, whi gets rushed into the NHL, regardless of him being ready or not, because Benning needs another Feel Good story to sell to Ownership since Boeser went down and our forwards can't score goals...

Reactions: UticaHockey

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I have been following this thread a while now, and the closer we get to then end of the season, the bigger the hype this gets (deservedly so, based on his numbers in college).
However, with the ongoing Gaudette watch reaching constantly new heights and everyone projecting him to be a top/middle 6 center as soon as next year, I can't help but feel that there is some shortsight here. Afterall, there was massive outrage only a couple of weeks ago when our gernius GM traded for Jokinen and Motte, the latter of which had a similar trajectory (minus the hype, cause the Blackhawks were still somewhat good at the time) than Gaudette. And look at Motte now, just a few short years down the line and we are talking about another reclammation project that couldnt cut it in the pros anywhere else.
In light of that, should we really all go all mental on Gaudette and push him into the second center role as soon as tomorrow? I do hope he turns out like the star m2b is heralding him to be. Afterall we desperately need it. But there is still the off-chance that he's just going to turn out like a Tyler Motte or Jake Virtanen, whi gets rushed into the NHL, regardless of him being ready or not, because Benning needs another Feel Good story to sell to Ownership since Boeser went down and our forwards can't score goals...

I will be the first to warn of overhype of Guadette, his numbers are good, but not godly. However, he is a much better prospect than Motte. Motte was clearly riding coattails and older when putting any numbers up at all. Guadette is the main man on his team, and is driving the play. A much better bet. Still just a prospect though.

Reactions: ginner classic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad