Adam Foote

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Foote was good, but he was no Kasparaitis. ;)

now, I can be the only one here, but I liked Blake more than Foote. specially since Blake produced more big hits than Foote, despite the later being known as a tough guy. I comprehend though that some pick him over Blake because of his way longer spell in the club.

I remember the day we got Kasparaitis. I was happy. Detroit wanted him, too. I wish he would have stayed with the Avs!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Kasparaitis is probably the best example of hating a player when he played for any other team but loving him on my favorite team. Most would probably put Downie in that category too but I love Steve Downie everywhere :laugh:

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Kasparaitis is probably the best example of hating a player when he played for any other team but loving him on my favorite team. Most would probably put Downie in that category too but I love Steve Downie everywhere :laugh:

I was pretty chapped when we couldn't re-sign him. Kaspar was hilarious to watch play, just such a dbag out there. Between a Kaspar-Foote and Regehr-Foote (wish the Flames had picked Skoula) there were a lot of what if scenarios I would play through on the NHL games with these two pairings. So much mean.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I was pretty chapped when we couldn't re-sign him. Kaspar was hilarious to watch play, just such a dbag out there. Between a Kaspar-Foote and Regehr-Foote (wish the Flames had picked Skoula) there were a lot of what if scenarios I would play through on the NHL games with these two pairings. So much mean.

Not to get too OT but i was just thinking about Lacroix's absolute genius moves
and started to think about the whole Fleury/Skoula/Regehr thing (and how much Skoula
reminds of Grigs in a weird way)
I mean this one was kind of ...a misfire ..kind of . we were a game away from the finals but yeah
CGY knew what they doing there.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Not to get too OT but i was just thinking about Lacroix's absolute genius moves
and started to think about the whole Fleury/Skoula/Regehr thing (and how much Skoula
reminds of Grigs in a weird way)
I mean this one was kind of ...a misfire ..kind of . we were a game away from the finals but yeah
CGY knew what they doing there.

Skoula was the one guy I really really wanted to succeed back in the days. He had that one good season 01-02 and I really thought we had something but he never was able to put it all together. Come to think of it his game reminds me alot of Nick Holden haha.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
I was at Foote's final game and I will never forget that last shift. Easily one the greatest sports memories of my life.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I liked Foote but honestly - Blake and Bourque were much much better.

When they changed the rules after the lockout Foote's game really suffered. He was an awesome player in the clutch and grab game but I remember so many times later in his career watching Foote over-maul some guy in the corner while exposing the rest of the defense. He had a difficult time adjusting. The game passed him by.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

When they changed the rules after the lockout Foote's game really suffered. He was an awesome player in the clutch and grab game but I remember so many times later in his career watching Foote over-maul some guy in the corner while exposing the rest of the defense. He had a difficult time adjusting. The game passed him by.

Well, yes, we all know Blake and Bourque were better. Kind of unfair to compare him to one of the all-time greats and an elite defensive talent.

Again, I don't think Foote was reliant on clutch-and-grab, he just did so because he could. If there was any suffering to his game, it could be attributed to the fact that 1, he was on some pretty lousy teams in Columbus and later Colorado, and 2, he was old.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016

Bourque and Blake were obviously better, but Foote was matched up against the top guys on other teams. I'm pretty sure he was paired with Bourque. Foote was very important to our two cup winning teams.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Blake and Bourque are no-brainer first-ballot HOFers. Foote isn't quite in that category but there's a reason he's one of the franchise's most beloved players. The guy was not an flashy or elite talent, but he was damned good. I completely disagree that clutch-and-grab inflated his game to a great extent, though even he admitted it made his job easier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad