chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
He'll be somewhere between 0 and 2% chance of making the big club

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
MVP in a losing cause. Says it all. I've seen Erne a lot in these playoffs, and he was a total beast. You guys got a steal there.

Hockeyfan4453

Jul 26, 2009
City of Champions
Probably shouldn't be getting ahead of myself here, but I couldn't help but think of our lines for next year. I can envision Erne on the 3rd line, but does he beat out JAM for a spot on the wing? JAM has put in his time in the AHL level and Coop seems to trust him.

I would love to see:
TKO
Killorn-Stamkos-Drouin
Erne-Filpula-Callahan
Paquette-Boyle-Brown

That would be an unreal group of forwards, better than what we have now. Really pulling for Erne to get a spot next year. Just not too sure it happens with JAM and Vladdy knocking on the door as well.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Need him a lot less than we did last year. Killorn, Palat, and Callahan have added the jam necessary on the top lines. Will be very interesting to see who he is eventually lined up with. He's crushed it in camp so if its merit based and he repeats I don't know how you don't play him, kind of like how Kucherov forced his way onto the team.

Still wonder how things would have shaped out if Forsberg was selected instead of Koekkoek. He's a guy who plays a very similar style and has all the attributes Cooper and Yzerman have targeted.

Some more insanely wild speculation, keep an eye on Virtanen out of Vancouver. He's another guy who fits the mold perfectly and the rumor mill has it that he may be available. Couldn't get close to him in the draft but that may have changed. Would be an ideal fit on a line with Namestnikov and Erne in a few years.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Need him a lot less than we did last year. Killorn, Palat, and Callahan have added the jam necessary on the top lines. Will be very interesting to see who he is eventually lined up with. He's crushed it in camp so if its merit based and he repeats I don't know how you don't play him, kind of like how Kucherov forced his way onto the team.

Still wonder how things would have shaped out if Forsberg was selected instead of Koekkoek. He's a guy who plays a very similar style and has all the attributes Cooper and Yzerman have targeted.

Some more insanely wild speculation, keep an eye on Virtanen out of Vancouver. He's another guy who fits the mold perfectly and the rumor mill has it that he may be available. Couldn't get close to him in the draft but that may have changed. Would be an ideal fit on a line with Namestnikov and Erne in a few years.

Hum that would be interesting

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

what would it take to get Jake Virtanen ?

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
A big forward drafted with high expectations? Do you think he eventually earns his spot in the top six? I think he will involved to a 40 point and 20 goal scorer similar to Malone was in his prime. Martin Lapointe kind of big and skilled power-forward.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
A big forward drafted with high expectations? Do you think he eventually earns his spot in the top six? I think he will involved to a 40 point and 20 goal scorer similar to Malone was in his prime. Martin Lapointe kind of big and skilled power-forward.

Martin Lapointe is a really good comparable, when you think about it. Boxy and heavy.

...Remember when he was just the ****** bag who concussed Drouin via boarding? Ah, good times. ;)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
This is essentially his tryout for next season. He's got an opportunity to show he belongs and persuade Yzerman to not go looking for other options. He'll probably see an increase in ice time with Boyle and Filppula gone too. He's already picked up Boyle's PP responsibilities. I still like his potential, but I'd be happy seeing him make a little bit of a statement in these last 20 or so games and earn his stay, something he wasn't able to do his first time up.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Is he supposed to have a high upside? So far during his games he's just sort of been there... nothing special. I remember he had one really solid game and almost had a goal or two, but other than that I haven't really been impressed by him.

He seems to bring some grit and throw some hits tho, which is nice.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is he supposed to have a high upside? So far during his games he's just sort of been there... nothing special. I remember he had one really solid game and almost had a goal or two, but other than that I haven't really been impressed by him.

Like a Killorn, but violent.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

This team doesn't have too much energy so I like him.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Yea he reminds me of Lapointe just not the STevie Y connection. He plays lackadaisical for a big guy at times, but has some skill and grit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad