Player Discussion: Adam Erne

TampaBayJrLightning

Sep 25, 2014
Erne can play

Erne deserves a spot. I'd rather dump Panik, Connolly, and JT Brown to make room for Erne. This kid is big, tough, controls the puck and can flat out play. He stands out. What gives?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
You're not going to have two 19 year old rookies on the team, and you're not going to expose those other 3 to waivers to make room. He's much better off playing another year of junior. There's no rush with him. Let him get excellent ice time in Quebec, and be a top player there. He can also play in the WJC again for the US and Quebec is hosting the Memorial Cup so those are also 2 big events that you want your prospects being apart of.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I really like Erne but he's not ready for a full NHL season. He'd come out blazing and look amazing the first month and like most rookies hit a wall. He has a ton of raw talent that impresses people when they see him but needs a lot of polish to his game to be the complete player we need more then an energy guy.

TampaBayJrLightning

Sep 25, 2014
I really like Erne but he's not ready for a full NHL season. He'd come out blazing and look amazing the first month and like most rookies hit a wall. He has a ton of raw talent that impresses people when they see him but needs a lot of polish to his game to be the complete player we need more then an energy guy.
This guy is full effort all the time. If you watch him he wants it more than any of the bubble players and for that he deserves it.
I'll be cheering him on at Fan Fest for sure.
I just hope the people in charge see what I see.

Adam Erne you can make this team!

TampaBayJrLightning

Sep 25, 2014
Nope, and that is the reason he will be easy to cut.
Really?
Full effort is the most important part.
Lets stack our team with players like Connolly who don't seem to care.
Who else is on the I don't care line?
I know who they are do you?
I just hope Cooper does.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Really?
Full effort is the most important part.
Lets stack our team with players like Connolly who don't seem to care.
Who else is on the I don't care line?
I know who they are do you?
I just hope Cooper does.

Full effort is not the most important part, it's nice to have but it's unsustainable. There's no way you can play that way and expect to make it through an 82 game season. He's also 19 so he should be full of energy most of the time.

Connolly doesn't show the effort I agree but you can see the work he does offseason and when he's on he can dominate a shift. Bobby Ryan is a similar type player and he's done pretty well in his career. When I think of player's who are full effort all the time I think Zac Rinaldo types who fire up the crowd but don't do much and usually take a dumb penalty. I like Ernes effort but he needs to add more substance to his game to make the effort more beneficial for him and the team.

TampaBayJrLightning

Sep 25, 2014
Full effort is not the most important part, it's nice to have but it's unsustainable. There's no way you can play that way and expect to make it through an 82 game season. He's also 19 so he should be full of energy most of the time.

Connolly doesn't show the effort I agree but you can see the work he does offseason and when he's on he can dominate a shift. Bobby Ryan is a similar type player and he's done pretty well in his career. When I think of player's who are full effort all the time I think Zac Rinaldo types who fire up the crowd but don't do much and usually take a dumb penalty. I like Ernes effort but he needs to add more substance to his game to make the effort more beneficial for him and the team.
I see Connolly dominates.
Yeah ok.
What are you watching?
Connolly is a failed project period.
Dump his ass now while others think he has value like you think he has.
Funny really

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Yeah ok.
What are you watching?
Funny really

Connolly is 22 years old and is going to be given his final chance this year. If he fails, he's gone by Christmas. If he succeeds, we have a 20-30 goal, two way, top 9 winger.

Also, why are you writing in haikus?

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
I can tell Erne is inconsistent with his effort level and I have only seen him live twice. I would take Connolly over Erne on my third line at this point in time, it's not close either.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't think it's a given that Erne will be cut. I'd put it at about 90% that he gets cut, mind you, but I read somewhere that the team was surprisingly close to giving him 9 games last year before the suspension. So I think there's a very outside chance they let him play an NHL game.

That said, part of this comes down to asset management, and you don't just let a guy like Connolly walk for nothing. He worked with Gary Roberts last summer, which shows his dedication. While his future with the organization is obviously in jeopardy, we can't just give him away in order to put a guy like Erne on the team. Because the truth is, neither of those kids is likely to make a huge impact on how far we go this year. But losing Connolly for nothing takes a bite out of our prospect pool.

That said, I wouldn't mind giving Connolly the Cory Conacher treatment. But he'll have to put up some points in order to make that work.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yeah ok.
What are you watching?
Funny really

Have you watched any of his games for the Crunch? He can be the best player on the ice when he wants. He just needs confidence in the NHL. How is he a failed pronect? He's a 30 goal scorer in the AHL at 20, his talent is there that's why we haven't moved him.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Erne brings a dimension to the game that we need, and that's a power forward. The thing is, he's not competing against Connolly for that role; he's competing against Panik.

Panik is inconsistent but he's still young and you hope he can put it all together(this is most likely going to be the last chance he gets in Tampa to do that) because when he's on his game he is a monster on the ice. Panik on his best day beats Erne on his best day at this point in time.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Erne brings a dimension to the game that we need, and that's a power forward. The thing is, he's not competing against Connolly for that role; he's competing against Panik.

Panik is inconsistent but he's still young and you hope he can put it all together(this is most likely going to be the last chance he gets in Tampa to do that) because when he's on his game he is a monster on the ice. Panik on his best day beats Erne on his best day at this point in time.

Panik's best day, to this point, has come along with blue moons though. In the NHL anyway.

Although for this particular year, I'm not sure that Erne isn't fighting Connolly for a spot too (which makes it nearly impossible to win), because Connolly isn't really a lock for the top-six. The team seems to have lost enough faith in Panik that they're willing to let him rot in the press box a little bit. I don't think they want to be in a position where they have to do that with Erne.

That said, I think there's a small chance Erne gets an NHL game or two, especially with Drouin out for a couple of games.

lightningfanqc

Oct 30, 2009
Nordiques City
Relax guys, Erne hasn't played a ton of games in a while, he was injured from feb to mid-august, he played 2 preseason games in the Q, he is 19 and he will play a ton of hockey this year in juniors, his team is the host of the Memorial cup. Don't act with him like we did with James Wright, give him one more junior year and after he will make the step through the AHL. He isn't ready for the NHL for sure, he need at least 2 seasons to be ready.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Relax guys, Erne hasn't played a ton of games in a while, he was injured from feb to mid-august, he played 2 preseason games in the Q, he is 19 and he will play a ton of hockey this year in juniors, his team is the host of the Memorial cup. Don't act with him like we did with James Wright, give him one more junior year and after he will make the step through the AHL. He isn't ready for the NHL for sure, he need at least 2 seasons to be ready.

Yup, agreed. No rush to place him on the NHL roster.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://translate.google.com/transl...=cyberpresse_meme_auteur_4804264_article_POS4
"We do not participate in a camp in the NHL in the hope of returning to the junior, so this is a disappointment. But [the CEO] Steve Yzerman told me not to see this as a demotion. He assured me that I could survive in the NHL at 19, but he prefers me to continue my development to become a player that can make a difference. For now, it hurts, but in the long term, it will help me, "explained Erne joined Florida late Saturday afternoon.
"I still had a very good camp, I think that I will be the kind of player they need. The Lightning is deemed to give time to his hopes to develop the plan may take four to five years. They want only once in the NHL, the player stays there for long. "
"I do not believe it backwards, my attention will be paid to the Remparts. We will have ups and downs, but we have a good team. I have already said to Philip [Boucher] I was ready to play, "stated the man who had insisted on being in the lineup the same day he arrived in Sweden in January, which hosted the World Championship junior.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I would have heavily vouched for Erne to make the team, but that was before the injury. He's going to crush the QMJHL with his strength advantage, I hope they are working with him to focus on the weak areas of his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad