Player Discussion: Adam Erne

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I'm glad to hear that he'll be allowed to play in Quebec. Having to go home early is a big enough punishment as it is.

jayslightning79

@jayslightning79
Aug 22, 2013
Moncton NB
Interesting tidbit about Adam Erne from Boltprospects.com today. We might have this exact conversation next season, He will only be 20 years old in April 2015, which means next season at training camp, he'll have 2 options 1) NHL 2) QMJHL. He won't be eligible for AHL. Next season though if he has a similar training camp I expect him to take Ryan Malone's roster spot!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Interesting tidbit about Adam Erne from Boltprospects.com today. We might have this exact conversation next season, He will only be 20 years old in April 2015, which means next season at training camp, he'll have 2 options 1) NHL 2) QMJHL. He won't be eligible for AHL. Next season though if he has a similar training camp I expect him to take Ryan Malone's roster spot!

If he has a big year in the Q, they'll keep him in the NHL next year if only for developmental purposes, sort of similar to the Connolly situation two years ago. Even if that means trading to make room for him.

Erne made a big splash this year. He's proving he should have been a first rounder. Al Murray and the boys do it again. Kid's a steal at 33rd overall.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Erne picked up 1G 1A in an OT loss tonight. But more interesting than that, the boxscore has him listed as 14/19 in the face off circle.

Is Erne going to experiment with C too?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Remparts lose again, this one in OT. Tough run. Erne with an assist.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
His return is set to March 31st, which would be the 6th game of the first round if it goes there.

Quebec is expected to win the first round so he should get some playoff games in. If not he might will be up in the A on a tryout or a black ace with the big club.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Haven't seen much of Erne besides WJC...seemed like a bit of a floater. Hopefully they havent completely ripped his physical game away with all the big hits he's had this year.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Quebec is expected to win the first round so he should get some playoff games in. If not he might will be up in the A on a tryout or a black ace with the big club.

Québec is the higher seed but it´s not a sure thing especially without their two leading scorers. If there's no surprise in the 1st round, it will be Québec vs Halifax in the 2nd. :D

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Québec is the higher seed but it´s not a sure thing especially without their two leading scorers. If there's no surprise in the 1st round, it will be Québec vs Halifax in the 2nd. :D

They still have Grigorenko who I think can carry them the 1st round.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Full time yes but I'm pretty certain they allow CHL player's to play after their seasons end. I recall Morgan Reilly playing for the Marlies last season.

Exactly. Junior players can play AHL or NHL after their season ends. Which means one of Erne or Drouin would probably be called up after the 2nd round.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Exactly. Junior players can play AHL or NHL after their season ends. Which means one of Erne or Drouin would probably be called up after the 2nd round.

When would the date be at the end of the 2nd round? There aren't many AHL games left so they might not see any action.

I think if Drouin goes out first he'd get a look with the big club and not the Crunch. Erne might too since he had a great camp and played well in the preseason, it depends how he comes back from the injury.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
When would the date be at the end of the 2nd round? There aren't many AHL games left so they might not see any action.

I think if Drouin goes out first he'd get a look with the big club and not the Crunch. Erne might too since he had a great camp and played well in the preseason, it depends how he comes back from the injury.

The 2nd round will be between April 4-14.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yup. Syracuse can go 15-0 the rest of the way and still only have an 84.1% chance to make the postseason.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/hockey/USA/AHL/Syracuse.html

If they go 15-0 they would have 88 points meaning the 8 teams ahead of them in playoff picture today the worst teams whom are sitting at 74 points if season ended if won half their games 15 points? They still all get in.

So in math as today sits they are 16 points outside of even glimpsing the playoff picture with 30 points available.

I believe in miracles but them making the playoffs this year is way beyond far fetched:)

P.S. their -40 point differential is the worst in all of the AHL:)

http://theahl.com/playoff-primer-2014-p190593

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad