Confirmed with Link: Adam Erne signed to PTO

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Seems like weird PTO to me.

I know Seravalli mentioned that the Oilers are now a destination for players. I wonder if this actually true.
I desperately wanna play on a line with McDavid. They just wont fuking call me. I played Jr B & C for fuk sake. How much more they want. I feel like Happy Gilmour that time getting cut all the time from the hockey team

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Think Struds put it best when talking about the PTO's and some the tweener signings we made this summer.

Guys need to go to camp and show that they can bring something to the bottom six that someone else can't. All while making sure you aren't a liability out there.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Scrappy player but not a guy that is all that great when the gloves come off. Would rather see one of the Ritchie bros. get a PTO but they'd have to want to come here on one.
Does it really matter? There isn't exactly many feared fighters in the NHL anymore.

The Boogard and Macintyre days are long gone.

I actually like this PTO the best so far
I feel he fills a need the most. Not sure though for what he brings overall though that I'd want him in the lineup over Holloway or risk losing Lavoie over.

Although I guess any of these PTO's if they make it are probably getting waived anyway to start the year.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Does it really matter? There isn't exactly many feared fighters in the NHL anymore.

I feel he fills a need the most. Not sure though for what he brings overall though that I'd want him in the lineup over Holloway or risk losing Lavoie over.

Although I guess any of these PTO's if they make it are probably getting waived anyway to start the year.
Reaves, Lucic and MacDermid are all legit tough and still in the league. Ideally we could get someone that could at least stand their ground against guys like that.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Reaves, Lucic and MacDermid are all legit tough and still in the league. Ideally we could get someone that could at least stand their ground against guys like that.
None of those guys play when it matters though. Pointless to get someone just for the slight chance of a stage fight with those guys

You want someone to fight they better be able to play some sort of role for the club

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
None of those guys play when it matters though. Pointless to get someone just for the slight chance of a stage fight with those guys

You want someone to fight they better be able to play some sort of role for the club
I think just as importantly as them not playing when it matters. They also don’t matter when they play.

When was the last time any of these guys made a meaningful impact in a game against us?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think just as importantly as them not playing when it matters. They also don’t matter when they play.

When was the last time any of these guys made a meaningful impact in a game against us?
Lucic couple years ago in playoffs lead to a McDavid goal because he couldn't keep up.

But that's probably not the impact you were talking off :laugh:

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Yeah, but Lucic has been a massive liability. The guy cannot keep up in the current NHL. I am actually surprised he stuck around as long as he did.

Reactions: Oilhawks

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

He's really good in NHL 17

Not really. He's fairly big but not the typical coke machine kind of guy. More a classic grinder who had some scoring potential coming out of junior. I actually like this signing.

I thought it was earlier (like NHL 13 when he woulda been a 17 year old prospect... ). He shows up in season two of your dynasty and ends up developing to a 98 overall!!! Trade for at all costs boys - can't believe we get him for a PTO!

In seriousness though, I see a guy who played on a 3rd or 4th line in a rebuilding franchise (so that effects his possession numbers), but has a decent shot%, blocks shots, hits a lot, and has more takeaways than giveaways. It's worth a shot.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Well, his only fight last year was a draw against a guy the size of Yamamoto.

He definitely won't be scaring anyone that isn't even a feared fighter haha.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Now all we need to do is sign Berte and we're ready to go

giphy.gif

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Saw his highlight video from the 20/21 season I believe. Seems like a gritty and hard working guy with some skill. Hopefully he earns a contract because he comes in and plays really well.

Reactions: capazzo

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Tomorrow im the news: the Oilers sign Jaromir Jagr and Dominique Hasek to PTOs. lol.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
This makes sense. McDavid wants to play more preseason games to be ready for the season. Another team tries their usual cheap shots throw out a nobody to goon it up. He can go down to the AHL to be forward # 14 if we even sign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad