Confirmed with Link: Adam Erne signed to PTO

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I wouldn't be against signing some of the PTO's for no reason other than organizational depth assuming they are willing to play in the minors.

If injuries hit the big club we have pretty much zero call up depth that has any sort of experience. At 43/50 contracts so we have room to add some of these guys.

Reactions: Oilhawks

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Low production, limited minutes, and got absolutely slaughtered in possession metrics last year. Seems like a nothing player but what do you want for a PTO signed a week before training camp.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Physical penalty killer, I guess it makes some sense. Maybe gets himself a contract, but I suspect probably starting in AHL if anything.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Not a massive guy but he's willing to drop the gloves.

Don't hate having him on the bench especially considering the types of players we often see in the preseason. Good for him if he manages to earn an AHL spot.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
He's not totally devoid of offensive talent at least.

He was tied for the team lead in goals back in 20-21 on a subpar team.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I wouldn't be against signing some of the PTO's for no reason other than organizational depth assuming they are willing to play in the minors.

If injuries hit the big club we have pretty much zero call up depth that has any sort of experience. At 43/50 contracts so we have room to add some of these guys.
My sense too. Caggiula, Sutter, Gagner, this kid have real NHL experience. Stuff some of them in the minors and you have a cushion if some younger prospects falter or there injuries in the bottom 6.

Reactions: K1984 and Oilhawks

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Scrappy player but not a guy that is all that great when the gloves come off. Would rather see one of the Ritchie bros. get a PTO but they'd have to want to come here on one.

Reactions: TheNumber4

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Not really. He's fairly big but not the typical coke machine kind of guy. More a classic grinder who had some scoring potential coming out of junior. I actually like this signing.

Yeh he seems more grinder than coke machine face puncher type. If he’s that second type, not ideal, I’d rather have someone more intimidating. Maybe he can make it as a decent grinder that can chip in though. He seemed to have one season in Detroit where he caught fire. Maybe he catches fire here.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Scrappy player but not a guy that is all that great when the gloves come off. Would rather see one of the Ritchie bros. get a PTO but they'd have to want to come here on one.
Wouldn’t mind a Ritchie bro, they are legit tough. But they seem to not catch on everywhere they go, atleast individually. I wouldn’t mind if we could get both guys and run a Bash Bros type thing. Have the most intimidating and punishing 4th line in the League. Bit of a fantasy GM scenario but it maybe it could work, and if not it’ll atleast be fun to watch.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Not a massive guy but he's willing to drop the gloves.

Don't hate having him on the bench especially considering the types of players we often see in the preseason. Good for him if he manages to earn an AHL spot.

He's a bit shorter than Kostin, but more or less the same weight. He's also coming off the same contract the Wings just gave Kostin, one he earned after tying for the team lead in goals during the Covid year (lol). Though judging by highlights, he's actually decent in front of the net.

Physical 4th liner is a need, and Erne is one of the more willing/consistent guys in that role (contrast that to someone like N. Ritchie, who despite being bigger is far more likely to have nights where he doesn't get physically involved). Plus he should be fairly easy to send to Bakersfield to start the year.

Reactions: capazzo

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Hopefully it's just a body for camp.

Seems like a guy who will be out of the league once a tanking team stops giving him minutes.
Either that or Holland has something cooking. Oilers do not have many spots open up front and I do not see these many players agreeing to PTOS with an eye to play in the A.

I might be missing something or there is an injury we do not know about

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad