Prospect Info: Adam Edström, C, 6th round, 161st overall, 2019

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Nice debut but keep in mind Anaheim is just a high end AHL club these days . Was a good opportunity for him to get one in and he scored ! Hopefully he can keep progressing up for us and some day become a 4th line staple .

Reactions: tlk

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
KID PLAYED AN EXCELLENT 1ST GAME. Noticed a few very solid experienced NHL players make. He plays with any kind of grit, and just in SIZE alone, I'd keep him on the team. Lined up with his Hartford linemates was great for him, had to be more relaxed because of such. LOVED the exuberance by Cuylle with post game winning hugs and congrats. Everyone see that?

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Watch out Kreider, we got another hugger... Especially come playoffs... I can just imagine being a defender, scrambling to recover the zone, with a 7 foot monster barreling down on the forecheck... You know he's going to finish that hug so hard. Who do you think will be his Mika?I hope it's Kakko--seems fitting... It's the right time of year... Imagine if there was a postgame orgyat center ice? I mean, not like I would watch...

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
It’s always nice to see a kid get his first goal. A great ending to last nights game

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
For a huge guy Edstrom skates really well. That showed up in preseason games. Rempe also was getting around pretty good but Edstrom's skating is smoother. The combination of size and skating I think will make him an easy fit on our team in the near future. He's also a pretty responsible defensive forward. Anaheim's not the greatest team and they've struggled a lot lately but it was a really good showing in his first NHL game.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
For a huge guy Edstrom skates really well. That showed up in preseason games. Rempe also was getting around pretty good but Edstrom's skating is smoother. The combination of size and skating I think will make him an easy fit on our team in the near future. He's also a pretty responsible defensive forward. Anaheim's not the greatest team and they've struggled a lot lately but it was a really good showing in his first NHL game.
Yeah. The best thing I can say about him is he doesn’t look 6’8”. He moves like a much more normally proportioned skater.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Edstrom is not the guy to do it all on his own offensively, he’s complimentary. Think he may be one of those guys who does better at the NHL level where better linemates will make good use of what he contributes. Skates REALLY well for his size. Goes to the net and is like a total eclipse there, disrupts, creates space, decent passing/hands, battles on the boards. He’s got decent 3rd line upside IMO.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Our training camp next season is going to be a bloodbath for veteran depth. It's difficult to see Edstrom and Othmann being denied, and I'm not betting against Sykora either. Not to mention Berard, or some surprise kid has a great camp like Rempe did this year.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Our training camp next season is going to be a bloodbath for veteran depth. It's difficult to see Edstrom and Othmann being denied, and I'm not betting against Sykora either. Not to mention Berard, or some surprise kid has a great camp like Rempe did this year.

Next year's opening night roster:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Kakko
Panarin-Trocheck-Lafrenière
Cuylle-Chytil-Othmann
Goodrow-Edström-Vesey
Brodzinski

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

I certainly wouldn't pencil Edstrom into the lineup next year. He had a nice first NHL game but he's not exactly producing in the AHL. He has 4 5v5 points in 21 games.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I would prefer this kid get some run over Bonino but I know that ain’t gonna happen. Maybe he’ll be a cheap option next season.
There is a weird phenomenon in the NFL where the long snapper is active over the 6th WR. Seems like a similar situation here.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I certainly wouldn't pencil Edstrom into the lineup next year. He had a nice first NHL game but he's not exactly producing in the AHL. He has 4 5v5 points in 21 games.

I'm not expecting him to produce much at the NHL level anyway, but I think he is capable of matching Goodrow/Bonino/Pitlick level 5v5 contributions right now, much less next season. Not as sure about the PK.

His game should translate very easily; he's still bigger than everybody else, and his skating looks close to average for the NHL. I bet a much higher percentage of his AHL offensive production makes it to the NHL than the average prospect.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm not expecting him to produce much at the NHL level anyway, but I think he is capable of matching Goodrow/Bonino/Pitlick level 5v5 contributions right now, much less next season. Not as sure about the PK.

His game should translate very easily; he's still bigger than everybody else, and his skating looks close to average for the NHL. I bet a much higher percentage of his AHL offensive production makes it to the NHL than the average prospect.

This will also be true, likely, for someone like Rempe as well. These guys are scoring goals from in or around the net. Those goals often translate

Reactions: Harbour Dog

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Rempe is a non prospect and in all likelihood will never play an NHL game
Rempe will play somewhere in the league if not as a 13th/situational forward here. Mark my words.
see also: Ross Johnston, Reaves, etc.
And if the 21 year old works on his D for the next couple of seasons could be a regular 4th liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad