Injury Report: Adam Burish Out for Round 2 - Upper Body Injury

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think Burish had a better game tonight.

And I definitely agree about splitting Stuart and Hannan. We need to use these pairings:

Braun-Vlasic
Boyle-Stuart
Hannan-Demers

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Aside from Gomez inability to clear in the dying minutes of the 3rd, bottom 6 as a whole played well.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Burish best game as a Shark, I dunno what's with that guy, but whatever it is it worked so don't touch the 4th line.

thirtysix*

really glad burish is back! what a difference, our 4th line was useful and somewhat threatening. God i hope we win on tuesday. I'd really like to see what kind of damage we would do with torres back in the line up aswell.

Winky

Jun 17, 2008
Hmm, that's weird, Burish kicked ass tonight, interesting.

Great game by the 4th line. I doubt TM touches that line for Game 7.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
It's amazing how much better that 4th line is with Burish on it. For everything he doesn't have, he does bring experience, pretty decent hockey sense and positioning, and plays pretty good defense. But I think the x-factor tonight and going forward is the way Burish meshes with Kearns. Kearns is getting better and better, he's starting to look Sheppardish.

EmergencyExit

Aug 9, 2011
Toronto
Great case of you don't know what you've got till it's gone for myself and others. I complained about Burish several times during the season but he was pretty good tonight. I guess when you see the effect of icing AHLers you begin to miss a guy like Burish.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Small sample size but with the cap going down, I wonder if Kearns can earn himself a sport as a 13th forward next year.

Winky

Jun 17, 2008
Small sample size but with the cap going down, I wonder if Kearns can earn himself a sport as a 13th forward next year.

If that line continues to play that way for the rest of the playoffs, I couldn't see him not being on this team next year.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Great case of you don't know what you've got till it's gone for myself and others. I complained about Burish several times during the season but he was pretty good tonight. I guess when you see the effect of icing AHLers you begin to miss a guy like Burish.

It's not really a matter of not knowing what you have here. Burish sucked and was not selling out during the season. All this was, was his first game back after missing a while and he was more motivated to play than he was before. If he carries it into game 7, great. However, he's not maintaining this level for very long.

EmergencyExit

Aug 9, 2011
Toronto
It's not really a matter of not knowing what you have here. Burish sucked and was not selling out during the season. All this was, was his first game back after missing a while and he was more motivated to play than he was before. If he carries it into game 7, great. However, he's not maintaining this level for very long.

No, you are correct that he indeed sucked during the season and all the criticism was justified. It's important to keep scope and not throw away an objective opinion on a player based on one game. I don't expect him to be playing dominantly like that all the time. However, if at the very least he can play competently and responsibly (not be a liability) I can live with that. Doesn't make me like the contract though.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX

Exactly. I figured he'd have a good game. After all, he had an upper body injury, meaning that with all that time off, he'd have fresh legs and he played like a guy with fresh legs. I also think his legs will be fresh for Game 7 as well. If we are lucky enough to advance, his play will likely regress back to what we saw all season and in the first round.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Aside from Gomez inability to clear in the dying minutes of the 3rd, bottom 6 as a whole played well.

Agree although the 3rd line lacks significant bite right now. Gomez has good hockey sense in the offensive zone, but fails to break out / clear way too much in the D zone. If I were TMac I would consider (as many have said) re-balancing the lines by moving Pavs down to 3rd, because on away ice without the ability to match up, I'm worried about our 3rd line, and worried that our 4th line won't get good matchups to allow them to contribute as they did in G6.

He might be able to keep this level up (4th line grinder and PKer), depending on how motivated he is for another cup and how much fun he's having.

dwood16

Sep 28, 2009
L.A.
spencerjacob.bandcamp.com
He can skate, play defense and looks for a teammate to pass to when he gets to a puck. His passes aren't always good but a lot of bottom sixers just get to pucks with their head down and are unable to keep possession because of this.

He seems to play better in big games. However, he'll probably lay an egg in the next game now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad