Injury Report: Adam Burish Out for Round 2 - Upper Body Injury

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika 32s Burish out for Round 2 with upper body injury, via @KKurzCSN and @PollakOnSharks. Bad news for Sharks.

Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 5m
Burish suffered an upper body injury in Game 4. He will miss ALL of Round 2. #SJSharks

David Pollak David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks
#SJSharks update: Burish hurt in Game 4 and out for next series with an upper body injury.

Brodie Brazil Brodie Brazil ‏@brodiebrazilCSN
Adam Burish declared out for entire #sjsharks next series with upper body injury

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Well as sad as DW and TM will be, I think it's a blessing in disguise. As long as Havlat is back. Although, Desi was absolute trash last game.

edit: Just realized I'm being too nice to Burish. It's not a blessing in disguise. It's just a blessing. **** that guy.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
And nothing of value was lost.

I'm more worried about Wingels and Stuart. They might not be too injured to play, but their effectiveness could be affected.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
And nothing of value was lost.

I'm more worried about Wingels and Stuart. They might not be too injured to play, but their effectiveness could be affected.

Brodie Brazil ‏@brodiebrazilCSN 2m
Better news for Tommy Wingels who says he's all ready to go for round 2 after a nasty spill into the boards in OT. #sjsharks

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Apparently I'm the only one that thinks this is pretty bad news when taken with the fact that Havlat isn't likely to be ready to play.

I'd take Burish over Kennedy (and Pelech) 100 times out of 100...maybe they'll slot Kearns into the linup instead.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
fine, fine. i dont like anyone being injured. especially in the playoffs. sorry for making light

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Apparently I'm the only one that thinks this is pretty bad news when taken with the fact that Havlat isn't likely to be ready to play.

I'd take Burish over Kennedy (and Pelech) 100 times out of 100...maybe they'll slot Kearns into the linup instead.

Me too. If Havlat isn't ready to go then it realllyyy sucks.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA

Subbing Kennedy in for Burish would have little to no effect on this team's chances.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
I'm no Burish fan but if Havlat isn't ready then this is somewhat of a loss. Would much rather have Burish in than Kennedy, especially for a 4th line role.

If Marty returns then feels like more of a gain then a loss.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
we didnt have gomez for the whole first round pretty much. this doesnt affect the team.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Subbing Kennedy in for Burish is going to have little to no effect on this team's chances.

You might like to think that but it will have an impact on the PK, d-zone faceoffs and the fact that Kennedy is horrible anywhere outside of the offensive zone.

A good coach should be able to take advantage of a defensively suspect Sheppard/Gomez/Kennedy (if that's what it is) line.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
You might like to think that but it will have an impact on the PK, d-zone faceoffs and the fact that Kennedy is horrible anywhere outside of the offensive zone.

A good coach should be able to take advantage of a defensively suspect Sheppard/Gomez/Kennedy (if that's what it is) line.

he may win a decent amount of faceoffs. but gomez took more than burish has in just one game over 50%. so im not sure what the issue is there.

and lets not pretend that burish is a good defender even strength. he is not.

he is definitely a good PKer, but this whole team is good PKers. and he only is barely above tommy wingels for short handed time on ice.

its not a big of a detriment as you are thinking.

hopefully its kearns, not kennedy that joins the line up though.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA

Havlat doesn't PK or take D zone faceoffs either, so they're gonna have those problems regardless. Moreover the Sharks have a ton of other guys who can PK and take faceoffs, including one on Burish's line who's just as good at it, so it's a negligible difference. As for the fourth line, I would guess that Sheppard and Gomez are two of the better fourth line possession players in the league, so I'm not that concerned about it. And no matter what the situation, you want your fourth line against the other team's top scoring lines as little as possible, so matchups will always be a concern.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
its not a big of a detriment as you are thinking.

hopefully its kearns, not kennedy that joins the line up though.

Kearns is a better fit for the 4th line but I'm not sure I trust him to play disciplined and avoid stupid penalties.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Not good news. I rather have Burish in the lineup than Kennedy.

Put Tennyson at forward or play Freddie Hamilton.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Kearns is a better fit for the 4th line but I'm not sure I trust him to play disciplined and avoid stupid penalties.

i havent seen him enough to know, hes just a bigger body and will be a good F1 for gomez/sheppard. vs. kennedy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad