Injury Report: Adam Burish Out for Round 2 - Upper Body Injury

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
And yet the whole point of this discussion started with Burish, who remains a Shark. Again, you can say I'm blindly loyal to the professionals, when that's far from the truth. I criticize DW and people in the org when I feel they are wrong.

But you're right, you know more about player management than these guys do. Whatever helps you sleep at night ... :biglaugh:

Your only response is straw man arguments. I can do that too. You're right, Doug Wilson has never made a poor decision with managing players.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'd rather have Burish in than Kennedy or Kearns and I'd only do 7 defensemen if it was Demers in and not Tennyson. Honestly, I want Hamilton to play over Kearns and Kennedy but that's not gonna happen.

Winky

Jun 17, 2008
Your only response is straw man arguments. I can do that too. You're right, Doug Wilson has never made a poor decision with managing players.

Nope. You can go back and see all of my posts ... I never said that because it isn't true. DW is human and has made plenty of mistakes.

But you continue to post from behind your keyboard acting like you could do a better job than the staff in place and it's quite laughable.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Nope. You can go back and see all of my posts ... I never said that because it isn't true. DW is human and has made plenty of mistakes.

But you continue to post from behind your keyboard acting like you could do a better job than the staff in place and it's quite laughable.

Actually, it's true. Everything you've said has been straw man argument responses. My response that you were quoting with your post is merely an example of what you're doing in every response you've had to mine. And it's unfortunate because it takes away from your credibility when discussing these things. Why even have a message forum on anything if your attitude to anyone saying that a professional made a mistake is that well lol you think you can do better? You're just a keyboard jockey.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
pinkfloyd could be upset soon, burish is progressing quicker then originally thought, and could be penciled into the line up as early as tonight (highly doubtful), or game 5.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
pinkfloyd could be upset soon, burish is progressing quicker then originally thought, and could be penciled into the line up as early as tonight (highly doubtful), or game 5.

I didn't think I would ever say this, but they could really use him right now.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Burish will have little to no effect on this team's chances. I swear sometimes I think he'd be just as effective if he played without a stick.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

No bueno.

He's a better option than Kennedy

He's a better body to have in the lineup than Kennedy. Problem is that he doesn't do anything outside of diving, blocking shots, and getting into scrums. That's still more than Kennedy but at least they're smart enough to bench Kennedy in situations he's not set up to succeed in. Burish they keep trotting out on the PK because he blocks some shots but he's a liability out there.

I'd rather double shift the good players over playing Burish with any sort of regularity. At home, when they can match up against the Kings' 4th line, I have no problem putting him out there for that but beyond that, hell no.

domon

Apr 14, 2012
Burish will have little to no effect on this team's chances. I swear sometimes I think he'd be just as effective if he played without a stick.

How he plays now is how he would play without a stick. Seriously, it's like half the time he forgets he even has it in his hands.

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
But then who plays with Marleau and Couture?

ACH! True. How about:

Gali - JT - Burns
Wingels - Cootch - Patty
Shep - Pavs - Desi
Burish - Gomer - Demers(7th D)

MEV - Brawny
Boyle - Irwin
Hannan - Stuey

I like 3 lines with Pavs centering his own line. Liked it all year and the Sharks seems successful when implemented. TMac can always switch if needed. (Or even, if not needed!) Try to roll 3 lines, play with 7 D men and use the extra Gomer and Burish on PK and D zone face-offs etc. We can do this!

Edit BTW, back to Ray Fatto sig!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't mind the two line setup at home. You can shelter your third and fourth lines easier when you have last change but on the road, they have to go back to Pavs centering the third line.

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
I don't mind the two line setup at home. You can shelter your third and fourth lines easier when you have last change but on the road, they have to go back to Pavs centering the third line.

I think this is a great post, and point.
I would also throw in Kearns if not starting Demers as 7th D.
Personally, I'd sit Demers until next year, or at least an early game(s) in a 3rd-4th round this year.
To start him in a LA desperation game (5), or SJ desperation (gm 6) I think is reckless.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Agree that we should play Pavelski on the third line vs. LA on the road. Sheppard-Gomez-Wingels just are not a legitimate threat to score. They can get chances, but there is no finisher on that line.

Also, Kearns-Desi-Burish should be a decent option for 8 minutes. I've liked what Kearns has brought in limited minutes.

I wonder how a Marleau-Couture-Gomez line would look. Gomer probably is quite possibly our second best passer amongst forwards.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Agree that we should play Pavelski on the third line vs. LA on the road. Sheppard-Gomez-Wingels just are not a legitimate threat to score. They can get chances, but there is no finisher on that line.

Also, Kearns-Desi-Burish should be a decent option for 8 minutes. I've liked what Kearns has brought in limited minutes.

I wonder how a Marleau-Couture-Gomez line would look. Gomer probably is quite possibly our second best passer amongst forwards.

Both Gomez and his coaches say he's just not good on the wing.

I've like what Kearns has brought as well, his first game was a bit rough but he's been the most effective 4th liner they've had in this series. Getting Burish back will hopefully give the coaches more trust in that line and help what's been a not very good PK.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think this is a great post, and point.
I would also throw in Kearns if not starting Demers as 7th D.
Personally, I'd sit Demers until next year, or at least an early game(s) in a 3rd-4th round this year.
To start him in a LA desperation game (5), or SJ desperation (gm 6) I think is reckless.

I'd put Demers in and sit Irwin at this point. Then it would force the coaches to split Stuart-Hannan and that badly needs to happen as both those pairings have been awful at even strength for obvious reasons.

I've wondered as well if Gomez could work with those two but it's an understandable concern about his defensive play. To me, at this point, I think they need to take the risk if they make it to game 7 as what they've done playing mostly conservative on the road is not working and hadn't worked all season. They didn't start playing better and getting better results until they opened it up. They've shut it down this series for some reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad