Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Previous thread
michael-jordan-wizards.jpg

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Should be The Return of Floor Jordan. Since that is what he was playing for the bullets since he could barely dunk and could no longer be called Air Jordan, heh.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Sign Mason Raymond to a PTO to make Johansson sweat. Johansson signs what the Caps were offering. The end.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Or just sign Mason Raymond and let Johansson play a year or two in Sweden. The end.
Trade him for futures if he's done here. A solid lefty D prospect or something. Or a package deal that brings in a top four D.

Hard to figure where Johansson slots in the lineup as soon as next season if Kuznetsov comes over. Kuznetsov/Erat should be 1/2 LW so Johansson's value to the Caps should be partially tied to what he'd be worth on the third line and with likely significantly less PP time. That's something Burakovsky should be capable of at some point, perhaps sooner than later if he has a huge season. Johansson not being relied upon as a center significantly diminishes his value to the Caps.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
That's $4.5 over 2 years.

I don't know the new CBA at all...that would take him to 5 years service and 25 years old. Is that UFA?

Well that's better. Not clear from the article. Sorry to freak out.

Or just sign Mason Raymond and let Johansson play a year or two in Sweden. The end.

I could live with this. The kid had a good year, but he also needs to improve a lot to be a true top-line forward.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't think there is any sweating going on with the Johansson contract. I am guessing that both sides are waiting on the kadri contract. This is just a guess.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I don't think there is any sweating going on with the Johansson contract. I am guessing that both sides are waiting on the kadri contract. This is just a guess.
Kadri has more leverage, is a lot more valuable to Toronto and should get $3M+ so no need for Washington to think that's a comparable situation. Hagelin should be the established prime reference point unless they happen to think Kadri will buckle. If that happens I don't think it will be for some time.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The hold up is likely George fighting for precious cap space. The difference is likely small so there is no sweating going on.

No matter what we ink him at, I don't see it possible that anyone steals a roster spot in camp. Our roster should be set.

Caps Crazy

Feb 12, 2009
The hold up is likely George fighting for precious cap space. The difference is likely small so there is no sweating going on.

No matter what we ink him at, I don't see it possible that anyone steals a roster spot in camp. Our roster should be set.

What do you think that looks like defensively coming out of camp? How many will they carry and who will they be?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Given her track record of "reporting," Katie is probably just parroting my posts on here about Hagelin as a comparable. :sarcasm:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If you know McPhee, he and his team of advisors have set an internal value on Marcus and he's not budging off it.

"Market value, not a penny more"

Mojo will either cave or the Caps will trade him away when they feel like he's sat around for long enough...they'll be in no rush to unload him for cheap.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
What do you think that looks like defensively coming out of camp? How many will they carry and who will they be?

Exactly the same as last year

Alzner Green | Orlov Erskine Carlson | Hillen Oleksy
Kundratek

I did see Schmidt Schilling knockdown Wilson in camp today. OT really, since we will not be able to afford Schiilling either.

Interesting idea about MJ, if he holds out, we accumulate cap space and can give an 8th Dman a look. Maybe George is not going to budge off his number. Not a penny more lol.

That hasn't stopped him before though.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
McPhee made it sound like Orlov is through with Hershey yesterday. It's time to see what he can do as an extended regular. Kundratek would require waivers to be sent back to Hershey so as-is it would seem likely they'll carry eight. That generally hasn't been very workable so thinning that 4-8D group somehow may be a good idea. Kundratek has always seemed a bit redundant under the circumstances but he is cheap and could be valuable to have around if injuries hit I guess.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Alzner-Green
Orlov-Carlson
Erskine-Kundratek

That's my 6, if I were Oates. I think with time together, Orlov-Carlson can figure out the who stays, who pinches dynamic. Orlov as an option on a PP point could really give the PP some added flexibility and make it less predictable.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Will George risk losing a D man to waivers to keep Orlov up?

It seems it took a season or 2 before George got the nerve up to risk Sloan. Orlov is going to really have to wow. I do not see him getting a single shift on PP1 no matter what happens so i dont expect it via his offense. His best hope to wow, is hitting.

Can we afford MJ and Orlov? I am far from a capologist but I will say nope.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Alzner-Green
Orlov-Carlson
Erskine-Kundratek

That's my 6, if I were Oates. I think with time together, Orlov-Carlson can figure out the who stays, who pinches dynamic. Orlov as an option on a PP point could really give the PP some added flexibility and make it less predictable.

Give me Hillen over Erskine 3 nights out of 5 (or more) and that's what I see being the best they can do. Oleksy might give them more than Kundratek though, hard to say.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Alzner-Green
Orlov-Carlson
Erskine-Kundratek

They just extended Hillen last year, and he's cheaper than Orlov. Don't see him getting sent down, though I agree with your lineup.

Liberati0n*

Give me Hillen over Erskine 3 nights out of 5 (or more) and that's what I see being the best they can do. Oleksy might give them more than Kundratek though, hard to say.

Either way it's clear they have a preference for Oleksy at this point, so he'll be in that spot for now. Kundratek should see time once Green gets hurt though.

californiacapsfan said:
Don't see him getting sent down
I doubt he meant that. They'll probably just carry two extras.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
McPhee made it sound like Orlov is through with Hershey yesterday. It's time to see what he can do as an extended regular. Kundratek would require waivers to be sent back to Hershey so as-is it would seem likely they'll carry eight. That generally hasn't been very workable so thinning that 4-8D group somehow may be a good idea. Kundratek has always seemed a bit redundant under the circumstances but he is cheap and could be valuable to have around if injuries hit I guess.

Can't blame him, he'll make 10x more in the NHL.

Wouldn't be surprised if he is put in the AHL again this year he will just decide to play in the KHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino