Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XLI *(Poll added 2/12)*

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Open market Fehr could very well use Benoit Pouliot as a comparable. Probably won't get quite as much term, but a $4M-ish payday wouldn't be out of the question.

I was thinking about the exact same player as a comparison.

I do think Fehr is better and at this point I think scouts realize his value too. Plays all forward positions and up and down the lineup. He'll get 4x4 at least especially with the cap going up (supposedly)

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
really want fehr to resign, get the man a contract. also hope he takes a bit of a discount to stay with us for a good price.

I'd suspect he'll get a nice little raise but I don't think he tries to bankrupt Teddy. He came back to the Caps for a reason, I'm sure any number of teams would have given him a look but he came back because I think he liked/likes the area and the core he came into the league with are pretty much still here. He seems to look at home here. Of course this is all speculation because clearly I'm not "in the game" so I don't know anything.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Conversely, this is also Eric Fehr's one big chance to ensure he's financially stable for the rest of his life. He's never made more than $2.2M (before taxes/escrow) in a season before, and has made substantially less in the past three seasons ($600k, $1.4M, and $1.6M respectively).

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
I just hope we can move Brouwer so Fehr can take his rightful place on the second line. Then we can resign him to the money he deserves and it won't be an overpayment for a guy who plays on the 3rd line.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
why are so many people determined to break up Laich Fehr and Ward? they are consistently successful.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
There's audio around, and Prewitt transcripted some of it as well. Didn't really say anything revealing from what I can tell.

980 is replaying Smokin Al sitting in for Kornheiser this morning and I am listening to the GMBM interview. Not necessarily revealing, but he said a number of things that gave me insight on GMBM:

-Named the forward position specifically that might be addressed before the trade deadline.
-When asked how he reacted to last nights win against LA he said "confused". Not sure, yet, what the Caps identity is.
-He calls Johanssen, "JoJo", and that "JoJo" will be on the top line for the next couple games.
-Really enjoys his relationship with The Trotz.
-2nd half of interview GMBM and Smokin Al shoot the **** and make fun of Locker.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
RE: Kane...obvious he needs a change of scenery but the main issue the Jets GM thinking they'll get exact fair quality value wise which they will not with the gremlins he has. I like him as a player..fast..has size..scoring winger..if he could PK would be a nice top 6 addition (for some team).

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
RE: Kane...obvious he needs a change of scenery but the main issue the Jets GM thinking they'll get exact fair quality value wise which they will not with the gremlins he has. I like him as a player..fast..has size..scoring winger..if he could PK would be a nice top 6 addition (for some team).

Bobby Mac said he has definitely been playing hurt.

Last edited:

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
did I miss Seguin being a behavioral problem and taking healthy scratches while is team is struggling to survive in a playoff race?

Only players who follow the exact pattern, timing and circumstance of behavioral issues that Tyler Seguin exhibited would benefit from a change of scenery.

ReggietheSavage15

Feb 27, 2008
did I miss Seguin being a behavioral problem and taking healthy scratches while is team is struggling to survive in a playoff race?

Apparently you did.

Might want to look up the reason(s) as to why he was shipped out of Boston.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Even better than that, he was a healthy scratch for actual playoff games!

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
I wonder how much that the Caps aren't talking to the players mentioned has to do with roster uncertainty going into the TDL. Ward and Beagle likely will make more elsewhere, though on short deals, I'd guess.

Volpatti - good guy, not a huge loss.

Gotta figure Latta should already be a full-timer.

Considering how much the Caps are depending on young forwards this year, I'd guess all three are gone unless the market surprises the players. Add to the fact that Green has been playing well recently, and is a pending UFA...

The Caps may end up having a lot of wiggle room, at least in the offseason. Very interesting position they are in. Goes to prove that Trotz and co were the best offseason acquisitions.

It's kind of in the background what's going on, but this is a pretty young team especially when you take Erskine out of the calculation (which I don't believe Mirtle's averages do) - and it could get younger next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad