Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXXXII -- (Caps submit expansion protect list)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Do they have an AHL affiliate to stock?

(I'm clearly not delving into this too deeply on my own, relying on you experts lol)

Yep the Chicago Wolves will be their AHL affiliate next season. They will also have an ECHL team to stock too - the Quad City Mallards.

As much as I would loove to run my own mock, and I may very well do so at some point, there are just so many factors at play with side deals to really get a read on how it will go. GMGM has been a little vague in his philosophy so far.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I could see them grabbing 5 goalies if not 6...flip the extra for something.

This is what I just threw together.

McGinn - Plekanec - Neal
Zucker - Strome - Bouma
Calvert - Sheahan - JT Brown/ Marchessault
Nichushkin/Josefson - Gaunce - Raffl

Methot - Vatanen (when healed)
Dillon - Enstrom (who they will flip for something)
Miller - TVR
McNabb - Bortuzzo
Marincin - Dahlbeck
Reinhart

Fleury, Raanta, Grubi, Pickard, Ullmark

I think they go after Alzner in UFA being a McPhee pick and who knows who else.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Given how hard Anaheim tried to trade Vatanen to ensure they got value for him, I suspect they'll try to bribe Vegas into not picking him.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Dallas protected Nichushkin but not Eakin so there's another center for Vegas (though he could also be flipped).

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
The thing I can't get over is Vegas is gonna have an actual good team. Not a cup contender, but a year or two of good trades and signings..? They could contend for the playoffs this year.

That's pretty ridiculous.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Would you be willing to lose a first for next year if it meant VGK took Brooks Orpik?

Seems easily worth it to me. Actually I'd probably be willing to throw more in to make it happen. The value of both losing Orpik's contract while retaining Schmidt, Beagle, and Grubi is pretty amazing.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
There's considerably more forward talent available than I anticipated. Something like this is feasible:

Neal - Plekanec - Marchessault
Cammalleri - Nelson - Perron
Grabner - Eakin - Stempniak
Raffl - Paquette - Ward
Burmistrov, Gaunce, Chiasson, Leipsic

Methot - Vatanen
Scandella - Bogosian
Enstrom - McQuaid
McNabb - Johnson
Reinhart - TVR

Fleury
Grubauer
Mrazek
Pickard

Although in NYI's case it's been reported they'll pay a first rounder (this year?) to guide their forward pick. Still, Vegas has to like their options. There's also a Bobby Ryan vs. Methot decision to be made.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Would you be willing to lose a first for next year if it meant VGK took Brooks Orpik?

Seems easily worth it to me. Actually I'd probably be willing to throw more in to make it happen. The value of both losing Orpik's contract while retaining Schmidt, Beagle, and Grubi is pretty amazing.

Id easily do that, although it probably cost more than that.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

Columbus is giving up a first rounder and a prospect so Vegas doesn't choose its backup goalie korpisalo. Caps are gonna need to add a lot more then a first

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Columbus is giving up a first rounder and a prospect so Vegas doesn't choose its backup goalie korpisalo. Caps are gonna need to add a lot more then a first

Seems like CBus broke the market on that one. Just at a glance, nothing about that guys stats on any level jumps out to me.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011

Sign him before Wednesday and caps don't lose anyone to expansion draft :)

Is there any actual benefit in VGK signing anyone before Wed aside from having exclusive negotiating rights? I would think a team would have to have garbage available for them to make that move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad