Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXX (2016 TDL Pre-Game Pt2)(2/29-Laich traded!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I would agree with that. She hasn't been on the beat as long as the other writers which might be part of the reason that happens.

Still think she is a pretty good beat writer, but man we were lucky to have Prewitt

Oh I agree. I wasn't trying to knock on her because she still is pretty solid. She's still learning

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
We actually have traded for big names: Weber, Bourque :sarcasm:

Yeah, Prewitt is really good, his caps coverage was awesome. I think it was him who found out about "batya" and kuzy

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
I think Samsonov was ranked top 1 or 2 goalie prospect in the world not in NHL, don't think we are going to give him up so easy but who knows. maybe he's the plan after holtbys contract is up and we aren't paying him like Lundqvist.

Holtby has 4 more years after this season (ends in 2020). Samsonov's KHL contract is apparently through 2018. With Grubauer and Vanecek, that gives us enough time to ease Samsonov through the AHL or be Holtby's backup before giving him the starting job in 2020/21.

I'd much rather trade Vanecek.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
welp, if that's it, i even don't know what to think. On other hand, would you, guys, do versteeg for Barber and 5th rounder? I think Barber > Zykov
Barber's easily been the more productive AHLer to this point. But Carolina can't retain any more salaries and the Caps wouldn't have been able to fit his contract without first dishing the Laich contract.

The Laich contract remains the obstacle unless they acquire a really cheap contract (with some retention) that would keep them compliant after assigning Laich to Hershey and in factoring in Carlson's eventual LTIR activation. Maybe Bourque makes it a little easier to dish Galiev/Latta or perhaps an AHLer.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
That's what Samsonov is for. It's the boat we are in. What means more to Toronto? A winger or a franchise G? They are desperate for a G to build for.

Maybe they want more tho. You keep saying this as if 1. You know for a fact that's never been offered and 2. It's certain to get the job done.

Also just checking: you do know the TDL isn't over, right?

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Holtby has 4 more years after this season (ends in 2020). Samsonov's KHL contract is apparently through 2018. With Grubauer and Vanecek, that gives us enough time to ease Samsonov through the AHL or be Holtby's backup before giving him the starting job in 2020/21.

I'd much rather trade Vanecek.

that's pretty much what I'm thinking, thanks for laying it out a little better with the numbers.

in the end I won't be sad if he's dealt, our window is now.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
welp, if that's it, i even don't know what to think. On other hand, would you, guys, do versteeg for Barber and 5th rounder?
?! :laugh: of course! A legit NHL depth player vs some prospect who's never going to be an impact NHLer.

We can like our team and admire their record all day, but the reality is that the recent Cup champions and favorites improved on the deadline, and we haven't yet.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I probably won't be disappointed if/when there isn't a trade tommorow.

Their depth is already good enough that they'll live or die with the core of Ovechkin/Backstrom/Carlson/Holtby. If those four raise their game at the right time, then they'll win. If they don't, then they won't. That's how it'll always be with this team.

tmljeh19*

but what your saying now was exactly what you said before free agency began and look what happened

AND AGAIN it's much harder to make difficult trades then it is to open a check book. Or trade a crap package for Oshie. Show me where GMBM made a trade where it wasn't an obvious win and improved the team? I'll wait.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
?! :laugh: of course! A legit NHL depth player vs some prospect who's never going to be an impact NHLer.

We can like our team and admire their record all day, but the reality is that the recent Cup champions and favorites improved on the deadline, and we haven't yet.

Comments like this kill me. Where on Earh do you get this certainty? Barber has excelled and exceeded expectations since we drafted him. (Not saying I wouldn't trade him, just can't figure out why you would even say that.)

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
I probably won't be disappointed if/when there isn't a trade tommorow.

Their depth is already good enough that they'll live or die with the core of Ovechkin/Backstrom/Carlson/Holtby. If those four raise their game at the right time, then they'll win. If they don't, then they won't. That's how it'll always be with this team.

This. :handclap:

No trade will change the fact that the Caps need their best players to play their best during the playoffs before we can win anything.

I would add Kuznetsov and Burakovsky to that group. They also have game-breaking talent. Kuzy has shown he can up his game in the playoffs (I'm very excited to see Kuzy/Williams :nod:), and Burakovsky should have a better chance to prove himself.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
AND AGAIN it's much harder to make difficult trades then it is to open a check book. Or trade a crap package for Oshie. Show me where GMBM made a trade where it wasn't an obvious win and improved the team? I'll wait.

That wasn't his point and you know it. You said GMBM wouldn't make the needed me Es in free agency, but he did. Now you are saying the same thing about the deadline with no basis. And anyway... I don't know about you, but I don't want a GM who makes trades that don't obviously improve the team... :help:

tmljeh19*

That wasn't his point and you know it. You said GMBM wouldn't make the needed me Es in free agency, but he did. Now you are saying the same thing about the deadline with no basis. And anyway... I don't know about you, but I don't want a GM who makes trades that don't obviously improve the team... :help:

Did I think we'd start the season with Oshie and Williams? Nope. Did he do a good job putting us into great position to win a cup? Yes. Now I want him to take that last step. Put us over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad