Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXIII (Arbin' 2: Electric Boogaloo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Im guessing they could get Zubrus a heck of a lot cheaper than those other guys....like league minimum cheap...whatever that is.

Stoll, Cullen, and Santorelli all signed for less than $900K recently. There aren't many jobs left, and there's a lot of career NHL guys still hunting for them. If they value playing in the NHL, these guys are going to have to settle on a contract. I suspect some of them end up in Europe, though.

League minimum is $575K.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
League minimum is $575k = what Galiev/Sill/Brown/Latta are all slated to make. Zubrus could be an upgrade on a few of them, if not all, but that's not saying much. If they're looking for cheap performers and depth competition then sign two or three to PTOs and let them fight it out along with the other league minimum options. Take the very best of what's left and looking for work rather than lock into a mediocre option.

I'd take a guy like Paille over Zubrus because he's still got wheels and can kill penalties. If they're going to sign someone they've got to bring a singular strength at least or be a jack-of-all-trades type. Zubrus isn't really a JoAT type these days. I'd sooner sign that perennial loser Jokinen even. Loads of better options out there.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I didn't touch anything. Was looking at the link just now wondering what I'm supposed to be seeing...?

yea sorry, it must have deleted itself. apologies sir. i guess when a tweet is deleted by the original owner it deletes itself?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Forgot Jokinen in my last post, would take him over Zubrus as well. He was at least functional at even strength last year, and has a much better chance at sticking at center than Zuby does at this point.

edit; Looked at the wrong Jokinen's stats. Olli was pretty crummy at ES last year. He's in a pretty similar boat as Zubrus at this point.

edit; Japers link not working. What was the original rumor/tweet?

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Forgot Jokinen in my last post, would take him over Zubrus as well. He was at least functional at even strength last year, and has a much better chance at sticking at center than Zuby does at this point.

e; Japers link not working. What was the original rumor/tweet?

(I'm Zubrus' agent, here's my cell, call me.)

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I agree with Langway. There's some sentimentality attached to Zuby, but he's a less appealing option than Gomez, Weiss, Roy, or possibly even Peter Holland. Heck, Bergenheim would probably even be a better addition as a winger than Zuby as a center.

I'm sentimental about Zubrus. Wouldn't mind him. I haven't watched him closely in a couple years and he probably has gone downhill. But I thought Gomez had too and he had a bit of a bounceback. Roenick did too a few years back with the Sharks.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Was this something real, or just something funny, the link is dead...

Oh the link is real.some random people screen shotted it and put it on their Twitter (guys that arent real sources)

I can't say for complete sure it was the agents official Twitter but the tweet was towards gmbm official twitter and the phone number listed matches his account in the nhlpa agent directory

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
If he could be had cheaply and his skating hasn't fallen off a cliff, could be a useful guy. Big body, can play all three forward positions, won't be counted on for offense.

I'm almost always against bringing back former players, but if the speed question is answered, I could get behind this one.

Easy to forget the guy's played in 1200+ regular season games.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Ho-Sang is a cocky kid who is confident in his abilities and not afraid to speak his mind.

He's got balls, I like that. We need more players with balls, and less cream puffs. If we could pry him away from the Isles, we would be golden. Trotz and Ovi can keep him under control, I'm sure.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Trading for flashy, mouthy teenagers who have had question marks that caused them to fall in the draft is not the direction this franchise needs to be going right now, especially if it means paying a premium and giving up guys we've already been developing for a number of years to get them... :help:

Sep 19, 2008
Japers says Backstrom doubtful on whether he can start the season healthy. Imo there is no need to rush him

Was listening to Neil Greenberg and he was saying those injuries take time to recover especially for a center who needs to use his hips at 100%

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Ho-Sang is a cocky kid who is confident in his abilities and not afraid to speak his mind.

He's got balls, I like that. We need more players with balls, and less cream puffs. If we could pry him away from the Isles, we would be golden. Trotz and Ovi can keep him under control, I'm sure.

A contending team with its stars in their prime don't trade away assets for young assets.

The Isles won't trade their young players for nothing. If we want him we would have to trade away a blue chip prospect ourselves and that is at best a lateral move that won't help us in the next two years anyhow.

So no..we wouldn't be golden. This is just HF Fantasy hockey stuff.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Japers says Backstrom doubtful on whether he can start the season healthy. Imo there is no need to rush him

Was listening to Neil Greenberg and he was saying those injuries take time to recover especially for a center who needs to use his hips at 100%

When did Neil Greenberg become a source on anything medical? He's a hack statistician, why is he now talking about injury recovery? :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad