Kings News: According to Dean Lombardi, Quick is out until March

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Please, you know this is true. Sutter has a bad habit of running goalies into the ground. Its definitely one of his weaknesses when it comes to coaching.

Sutter has a habit of getting into the playoffs that's what I know. It's debatable that he plays his #1 too much and I am fine with those who think that. What I am not going to be fine with is when those same posters complain that Quick is rusty in the playoffs.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Quick will be rusty. He's gonna need a set of games to get back into the playing shape. I'm really hoping he's back by late February because he'll at least have March to get into shape.

mrc23

Aug 4, 2005
We need Zatkoff for the expansion draft.

I have seen a lot of people post this, but I don't think it's correct. If I understand the rules correctly, we just need to expose a goalie who is either under contract for 17-18 or who will be an RFA. I'm pretty sure Jack Campbell meets that criteria. So, if we want to waive Zatkoff, it shouldn't be a problem.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I have seen a lot of people post this, but I don't think it's correct. If I understand the rules correctly, we just need to expose a goalie who is either under contract for 17-18 or who will be an RFA. I'm pretty sure Jack Campbell meets that criteria. So, if we want to waive Zatkoff, it shouldn't be a problem.

I thought that is could be Campbell as well.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Pretty sure they have to be under contract, but I could be wrong. Edit: yup wrong:

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansion-draft-rules/c-281010592

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Actually that 2014-15 team finished with 219 goals. This year's team is on pace for 213 goals. Obviously things can and will change but that 2015 team had decent depth scoring. Jordan Nolan had 6 goals! King had 13, Brown had 11, Lewis had 9. Stoll and Clifford had 6. Richards had 5. I assume most of those came from bottom 6 roles.

I understand there's 1/2 a season left after this 11 game stretch but there's no Quick to even keep them in games.

This is what I seemed to remember and why I made the comparison to the '15 team: Kopitar struggled and they couldn't win games on the road. Still would have made the playoffs if they could only win once it went past regulation.

What this team--and last year's--has going for it is the change to 3 v 3 overtime as opposed to the 2015 team. I'm not going to knock them for it since that's how the game is played now, but I'll take my chances with the 2015 team in a standard game with playoff OT rules against this current Kings squad every day of the week.

And before injuries are brought up as an excuse, Voynov/Pearson/Sekera all happened to the '15 team and they still pegged 95 points while going 2 for forever in OT/SO.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
Zatkoff is crap.

Budaj is unreliable. Buffalo's goals were weak and I blame him for that loss.

The Kings are currently four points out of a spot. Four pacific teams are ahead of them a few others are neck in neck in points.

Cannot have any prolonged droughts if you wish to make the playoffs.

the goal-tending will ultimately determine whether this team makes the playoffs or not. it sucks but its the way it is. we dont have a Bernier or Jones to hold the fort anymore. Budaj has surprised me but there are still too many should-be saves not being made and its costing the Kings games

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
the goal-tending will ultimately determine whether this team makes the playoffs or not. it sucks but its the way it is. we dont have a Bernier or Jones to hold the fort anymore. Budaj has surprised me but there are still too many should-be saves not being made and its costing the Kings games

Could have been Bartosak but... dumbass.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Could have been Bartosak but... dumbass.

Do we still have Bartosak's rights, or is he still under contract with the Kings? Might as well bring him back to the club and see what he has got. From what I remember, there were no criminal charges brought against him that would warrant a Voynov like suspension or situation.

As long as he is cleared to play and is not suspended, we should use him and see what he can do (in the AHL first, then to the big club).

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Do we still have Bartosak's rights, or is he still under contract with the Kings? Might as well bring him back to the club and see what he has got. From what I remember, there were no criminal charges brought against him that would warrant a Voynov like suspension or situation.

As long as he is cleared to play and is not suspended, we should use him and see what he can do (in the AHL first, then to the big club).

No. Kings didn't give him a qualifying offer. He's gonzo.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
thats what Im saying. the goalie pipeline is almost completely depleted save for Campbell. the goalie situation hasnt been this bad in almost a decade...maybe longer.

That's what happens when your backups want to be starters and you lose the farm to waivers and domestic violence. Man, it's been a bad couple of years for goalies in LA.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
It's interesting how the standings have changed this year, compared to last. Looks like getting a wild card spot wont be as difficult as last year. The Stars, Nashville, and Jets are not playing as well as many expected, which could create competition for the 1 and 2 wild card spots. As DL said, we have to find a way to hold the ground and not go into any long losing streaks or we are toast. If we come out of this road trip 4-5, I think we will survive and still be competitive, ideally we come out a game above .500.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

not worth the PR nightmare anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad