Abbotsford Canucks Talk | Part 2

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Haven't watched a minute of it, but from the looks of things, this might be the Abbotsford Canucks worst home games in the last couple of seasons.

They beat this Henderson team 6-0 last time out.....but tonight, it's just plain ugly.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
An ugly 7-3 loss on home ice against one of the worst teams in the Pacific Division. Not what the Abbotsford Canucks drew up for the stretch run.

Tolopilo was lifted in this game and I think Sawchenko finally got his first crease action of the season. Hard to find positives in this game, although McDonough cashed in two goals and was voted the third star. He's now up to nine on the season and having a nice second half.

Just about every d-man was at least a -2 in this game. So why not throw D-Petey in there. I mean, how much worse can it get?

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
What about what's-his-name, y'know, the NCAA guy that nobody's heard of?
To answer my own question, he's not in the line-up.

Karlsson scored 51 seconds in, and then Raty added another at the one minute mark. Interesting start.

Tolopilo has the net again.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
To answer my own question, he's not in the line-up.

Karlsson scored 51 seconds in, and then Raty added another at the one minute mark. Interesting start.

Tolopilo has the net again.

First goal was a deflection from a Johansson point shot. Second was a 2 on 1 where Raty elected to shoot. Hadn’t even announced the 1st goal yet.

They also killed of a Silver Knight PP.

We’re not even 8 minutes into the game yet.

Reactions: Lindgren

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Knights getting pissy and taking penalties. Tic-tac-toe play to Nielsen and its 4-1. Karlsson and Raty with the assists.

Fights breaking out.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
5-1 now. Dries with the powerplay goal on another cross crease free from Raty.

Raty has been the PP QB the same way Miller is.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Raty with 40 points !!! That’s what I like a major step forward in development this season especially with his late season surge in points . He still projects as a 3rd line NHL Centre and I’m ok with that !!

We win the Horvat trade

Horvat for Hronek and Raty is outstanding value

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Raty with 40 points !!! That’s what I like a major step forward in development this season especially with his late season surge in points . He still projects as a 3rd line NHL Centre and I’m ok with that !!

We win the Horvat trade

But a 2nd 》Raty..

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

We win the Horvat trade

I don't know who is currently projecting Raty as a third line centre, but if that turns out to be the outcome, it will be a significant success. (He was pointless in his last seven games, which was rather discouraging.)

Reactions: wetcoast

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
1st intermission update:

-my son is covered in sugar from mini-donuts
-Raty is a weird prospect. He has a bunch of NHL
traits but lacks the necessary motor to properly profile as a bottom-6 forward. He’s extremely cerebral and maybe that will allow him to carve out an NHL role as a low event player that gets PP2 time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad