Proposal: A real vote to ban Jim Matheson, have his media access revoked

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
And you honestly think Matheson would have been satisfied with that? :laugh: It was obvious he was fishing for the answer he wanted (goaltending, and to the rest of us, that is the #1 and correct answer), and when he didn't get it, he kept pressing and asking the same question. Don't be so naive.
Who cares if Matheson is satisfied or not? Outside of references to specific plays or incidents, sports reporter questions can be boiled down to, why did you play so bad, or why did you play so good. There are 101 stock answers to both of those questions. Unlike you, I’m not inside Matheson’s head so I’ll defer to your special understanding of what kind of answer he was looking for with his ‘why are you playing so bad’ question. Had I been in Draisaitl’s position I would have gone with a different answer.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Who cares if Matheson is satisfied or not? Outside of references to specific plays or incidents, sports reporter questions can be boiled down to, why did you play so bad, or why did you play so good. There are 101 stock answers to both of those questions. Unlike you, I’m not inside Matheson’s head so I’ll defer to your special understanding of what kind of answer he was looking for with his ‘why are you playing so bad’ question. Had I been in Draisaitl’s position I would have gone with a different answer.
Matheson cares if he is satisfied or not, that's who. And if he keeps asking the same question, the player will either get up and leave (in which case you'd probably vilify the player for not staying), or he will eventually be pushed to give a smart assed response (which is what he did). He kept asking for a SPECIFIC response, after Draisaitl gave him one of your stock answers twice. He wasn't going away. You're not Draisaitl and you're not a player, but so good for you to jump in with your hindsight about stock answers that all players should use on the spot, in interviews. Maybe you can stand behind him next time and whisper your sage advice in his ear.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Why stop at Matheson?

Get rid of the fluffers like Gene Principe, Bob Stauffer and Jack Michaels too. This group of clowns wouldn't be fit to cover Pop Warner if their credentials were actually scrutinized and their job performance was put under a performance review.

Everything involved with this organization is a bargain bin discount.

Take that back right now :thumbd:

Honestly though those guys are fine. Not their job to ask questions. They do a good job with the game presentation imo which is their job.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
"Being accountable" means calling someone out for asking stupid questions.

"Cancel culture" means firing someone for asking stupid questions.

Being accountable also means getting fired for a history of consistently stupid questions when asking questions is literally your job. I hate cancel culture as much as anyone but this is not that.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
For those who dislike this thread and throw around terms like 'cancel culture', I wouldn't overthink it. I thought it was funny that the movement even existed. Somebody said it was 'cringe' and they were absolutely right.

The reason I shared it is because it's a different avenue to voice your displeasure if you choose to do so. Nothing will come of it, it's not a big deal.

Edit: keep it light, fellas and dudess. It's a tongue-in-cheek thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackDogg

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
geez, I was expecting a simple sign 5 fields and maybe an email confirmation link to secure vote. I have to pay $12 or share 10 advertisements on social media? For rizee? Is there any way to just simply sign, for free?

tbh not many are going to notice this petition, but I see the purpose, and the passion. Matheson should've retired a long time ago, maybe this incident with Leon will give him reason to consider it

Last edited:

CageRage

Aug 15, 2009
Ah, a good old internet lynching. What's the crime this time, some kind of wrongthink no doubt?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad