Post-Game Talk: A goal! Baby steps. 3-1 Wings

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
A lot of people are overreacting. Teams go through bad stretches and I rather ours now than late into the season. The team will still make the playoffs and will go on another win streak at some point in the season
Can't speak for everyone but the issue for me isn't that this is a bad stretch, we've been mediocre for a while being carried by goaltending. It could be that we're just a mediocre team in general and I let my expectations get away from me.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Stanley Cup champions don't play like this.

If you're happy scraping into the playoffs and getting bounced in the first round, then sure no problem.

So you rather miss? Making the playoffs consistently is the first step. You can't just go from making the playoffs to winning the next year..

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Marner needs to go to the AHL for the rest of the season.

Marner plays like he's scared to have the puck. Plays so far on the periphery and when he gets the puck he's either feathering it to nowhere or making some baffling play. Otherwise just busy getting shoved off the play. This kind of passive play is just not going to work.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
No excuses for messing up all the simple stuff and not executing. Look around the room they are so out of sync.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Can't speak for everyone but the issue for me isn't that this is a bad stretch, we've been mediocre for a while being carried by goaltending. It could be that we're just a mediocre team in general and I let my expectations get away from me.

It's a young team that's still finding its identity. They are still very good. But they can't score, teams go through rough patches this is one of them. I have no doubt in my mind this team will bounce back

Reactions: BertCorbeau

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Marner plays like he's scared to have the puck. Plays so far on the periphery and when he gets the puck he's either feathering it to nowhere or making some baffling play. Otherwise just busy getting shoved off the play. This kind of passive play is just not going to work.

The way he plays you'd think he weighed 100 pounds soaking wet.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
So you rather miss? Making the playoffs consistently is the first step. You can't just go from making the playoffs to winning the next year..

The Blackhawks did it.

Let me guess, I should be happy that they're a good team.

Well I can't. The potential is there for greatness and I've seen them suck my whole life. I want greatness.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
like jfc the script writes itself... stop trying to make this young team into a team thats trying not to lose. That means stop nailing every f'ing mistake and holding it against our kids. Stack the lines and play the top 2 20+ mins a night. Komarov and hyman in ot/pp is so beyond disgusting. This illusion of depth is pathetic. Look at the recent cup winners of the past decade, they all have big boys and they ride and die with them, while babs tries to turn the best player the franchise has ever had into a 2 way checker and treats nylander like shit. get real babs.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

The team is going to go through growing pains which everyone is willing to accept.

But I think we're all hoping for the kids to get those opportunities to carry the team, learn from mistakes and get better and not suffer self inflicted pain.

Feb 24, 2004
I’ve been on the “Babcock is a problem” train for a while. But it’s clear (for now) that he isn’t going anywhere.

So the only option is to take the keys to the car. Leo, Hyman, Polak, Bozak - Babcock can’t help himself. Just the sheer volume of minutes he gives these players is wild.

Excited to see Leivo draw back in next game for Kapanen. That will fix everything.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Have not friggin idea about advanced stats, but the eyeball test is not surprised one iota about how the past few games have gone.

Kind of satisfying to know the eyeball doesn't lie.

Advanced stats can help you identify some subtle trends that the eyeball test may not pick up.

But when you suck this bad, all tests indicate utter failure.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
It's a young team that's still finding its identity. They are still very good. But they can't score, teams go through rough patches this is one of them. I have no doubt in my mind this team will bounce back

The thing is that they're not really competing....they get vert few chances to score....tired or not..there is a problem here..

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Patrick Marleau hasn't lost a step and is a future hall of famer. He looks ineffectual at the moment. This team isn't doing anything right. #coaching

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The Blackhawks did it.

Let me guess, I should be happy that they're a good team.

Well I can't. The potential is there for greatness and I've seen them suck my whole life. I want greatness.

Get a f***ing grip lmfao. Sorry to break it to you but this team is not destined for greatness. We don't even have a legit #1 D.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
This team panics with the puck... there is no plan A set in motion, then a plan B to fall back on... Its just pass and skate up FAST and when the lane isn't there UH OH, Ice it or Lob it anywhere.

Its babs salary cap lowering system... its friggen working like a charm.

Marner needs 2 weeks off to find hockey fun again, you can feel the pressure on him as he falls, fumbles, TO, oh man...

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Haha babs says they look great learning how to play dump and chase obsolete style hockey.

If I didn't know better it looks like a deliberate tank job. This is a skill team. Not built for a heavy game. A high quality possession skill team forced to play wrong.

Is this the new definition for playing right or putting the players in the best position to succeed. Where did all these cliches disappear to?

Must have hid them with the scoring success. Garbage system. If you ask me babcock is deliberately derailing their success.

Anyways something just doesn't sit right woth this madness of bad lines and the shify away from successful play. Everybody in the industry see's it except the coach. Bs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad