Proposal: A 1st and a 2nd for Matthew Knies and a 3rd in order to flip picks for help on D and PK.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
*Something or someone costs what a buyer is willing to give them. In this case do any teams need young talent to play in their top 6? So many teams do. So many teams don't even find that in the draft.

*another great example is the Apple Watch lol.
OH! I Know a team like that!

thumbs-up-two-thumbs-up.gif

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't see Knies having any more value then Barron or Harris. Probably less.

Barron would probably be a 50pt RH defenseman with the Leafs offence. Which would make him even more valuable then Knies.

Oh wait, i should start a thread asking for a 1st, 2nd and.....

Realistically Savsrd with retention.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022

Barron would probably be a 50pt RH defenseman with the Leafs offence. Which would make him even more valuable then Knies.

This is so wild with both typos and being argumentative.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I dont see Knies having that kind of value at all....I also dont see The Leafs moving him so theres that also....

from Habs i'd offer the Winnipeg 1st rounder and a 3rd in 2024 + a 2025 2nd rounder. Or remove the 2nd and 3rd and offer one of Kovacevic or harris
for who Knies?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
from Habs i'd offer the Winnipeg 1st rounder and a 3rd in 2024 + a 2025 2nd rounder. Or remove the 2nd and 3rd and offer one of Kovacevic or harris
I don't see Knies value more the Harris or Barron. In fact less then Barron.

Normally i wouldn't offer anything for that kind of player because we don't need more middle 6. But we may start losing defense youngsters to waivers if we don't start trading them

Ideally i like players like Kaliyev more then another future Armia. If he comes in exchange for Savard, with small add on, much better.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I listen to a fair amount of TSN. I strongly doubt they’d move him.

Steve Dangle would become an uncontrolled sonic weapon and scream loud enough to vaporize everything between Thunder Bay & Delaware.
Sure, but Steve Dangle does that for every thing.

Ryan Mcleod for Mathew Knies.

What say you Leafs fans?
Me? I say no thank you. Ryan McLeod is a good player, but I am in the don't trade Knies camp. I also think the OP was looking for draft picks. It is also a lateral move.

Reactions: WhataKnight

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I don't see Knies value more the Harris or Barron. In fact less then Barron.

Normally i wouldn't offer anything for that kind of player because we don't need more middle 6. But we may start losing defense youngsters to waivers if we don't start trading them

Ideally i like players like Kaliyev more then another future Armia. If he comes in exchange for Savard, with small add on, much better.
Knies has impressed me the times I've watched him. My offer is probably a bit much, but it's in line with Hughes trading for young, up and coming forwards.
And habs have like 24 picks in the next two drafts.

I dont see Knies having that kind of value at all....I also dont see The Leafs moving him so theres that also....

for who Knies?
yeah. Too much?

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Knies has impressed me the times I've watched him. My offer is probably a bit much, but it's in line with Hughes trading for young, up and coming forwards.

yeah. Too much?
He was taken in the 2nd round, 57th overall I believe. I am just curious what he has done to increase his value so much? Also why bother wasting assets on Knies when The Habs can just play Josh Roy at the same spot.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

yeah. Too much?
IF...IF he has top 6 written all over him, yes. But don't forget he's playing with elite forwards so those numbers would be even worse in Montreal.

I don't see him in the Dach/CC/Suzuki/Monahan level.

It's Toronto when the zamboni driver is a star goaltender...

And every fan of every team reserves the right to believe in Santa.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
He was taken in the 2nd round, 57th overall I believe. I am just curious what he has done to increase his value so much? Also why bother wasting assets on Knies when The Habs can just play Josh Roy at the same spot.
that's a good point. Wondering what the newhook comparable are to Knies.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Also we know that HuGo has been piling up 1st rounders and we all suspect he will use them like in the Dach/Newhook deals. I just think it will be a bigger splash than Mathew Knies.
I can see someone like Laffy, Frost, Zegras and others on the verge of top 6 fixtures.

Our 1st, other 1st, 2nd and any player not named Newhook/Dach/Slaf/CC/Suzuki/X/Hutson. Even CC can be had for someone like Cozins/McTavish.

We can't keep stockpiling futures and become the farm team for the NHL.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
that's a good point. Wondering what the newhook comparable are to Knies.
Right now, NONE of the youngsters have fully developed or seen the best opportunity to develop.

Dach going down robbed us of a second line and put even more defensive pressure on CC/Suzuki. The only one is Slaf who appears to be braking out, but miles from a complete product.

Any one of our youngsters would have FAR more points playing with Leafs top players.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018

A forward with size who seems to be transitioning well to the pro game, who's still very young, will have value. I can't see how Harris could have similar value, and Barron.... would be reasonably close if he were having a good transitional season, but he clearly still needs work on his defensive game, so he doesn't have that kind of value right now. Maybe we revisit in 15 months, when Knies' ELC contract is up and perhaps Barron has taken a huge step forward.

Savard ? Comparing kids to rentals/quasi-rentals isn't going to be productive, since the vets fetch crazy prices when they fit the perceived need. That being said, I don't see why Toronto would sell off a kid currently in the lineup if they are trying to improve said lineup, and their window is still pretty open, and will stay open once Tavares gives them serious cap room to work with.

Like I said earlier, for Toronto to move him, it would have to mean getting a player entering his prime who would be around for that whole window. Ignoring the cap for a second, perhaps a Josh Anderson-clone who was actually scoring goals and had been playing well for the past 3 years would have that kind of value (ie, trading potential for present performance), but sadly, he hasn't performed (not even close, if we're honest), so he doesn't hold that value.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
In what world is knives worth a first OR a second, Nevermind both?

I'd trade Winnipeg's 1st for him very easily, if he were available (which he isn't apparently) It would be basically Monahan for Knies, that's a trade in my estimation MTL shouldn't have any problem doing.

Knies and a 1st for just taking Monahan off the Flames' hands seems pretty sweet to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sundinisagod

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
A forward with size who seems to be transitioning well to the pro game, who's still very young, will have value. I can't see how Harris could have similar value, and Barron.... would be reasonably close if he were having a good transitional season, but he clearly still needs work on his defensive game, so he doesn't have that kind of value right now. Maybe we revisit in 15 months, when Knies' ELC contract is up and perhaps Barron has taken a huge step forward.

Savard ? Comparing kids to rentals/quasi-rentals isn't going to be productive, since the vets fetch crazy prices when they fit the perceived need. That being said, I don't see why Toronto would sell off a kid currently in the lineup if they are trying to improve said lineup, and their window is still pretty open, and will stay open once Tavares gives them serious cap room to work with.

Like I said earlier, for Toronto to move him, it would have to mean getting a player entering his prime who would be around for that whole window. Ignoring the cap for a second, perhaps a Josh Anderson-clone who was actually scoring goals and had been playing well for the past 3 years would have that kind of value (ie, trading potential for present performance), but sadly, he hasn't performed (not even close, if we're honest), so he doesn't hold that value.
You would pay far higher for Knies then I would. To me he's worth Harris. Those points were/are made playing with elite players we do not have.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I can see someone like Laffy, Frost, Zegras and others on the verge of top 6 fixtures.

Our 1st, other 1st, 2nd and any player not named Newhook/Dach/Slaf/CC/Suzuki/X/Hutson. Even CC can be had for someone like Cozins/McTavish.

We can't keep stockpiling futures and become the farm team for the NHL.
Thats exactly my point. Getting the picks is good but use the picks to get players now not guys who might be ready in 4-5 years.....

Flames 1st + The Jets 1st and one of the LD that they have a surplus of would be pretty good value. If The Habs are willing to give up their own pick. Then it better be for a big fish who is nowhere close to UFA...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad