Proposal: A 1st and a 2nd for Matthew Knies and a 3rd in order to flip picks for help on D and PK.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I dunno Im biased on our prospects but I like Knies, I feel he's the type of player our franchise always trades and then regret. lets not trade him. let's just accept the fact that we aren't that good. and bandaid fixes arent going to get the job done.

all these years spending caught up to us. we aren't a dman away from winning the cup. and moving a kid like Knies feels really stupid. we need to break up this damn core. but will never happen.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
That's fair but who are the leafs trading to get better? If you arent trading Knies,
We arent this year is pray for a miracle playoff run

Its big 4 or bust. Very likely bust

We need cowan + minten to be contributers right away next year

Tavares next year final year then we can fix up the teams depth issues ideally

Sucks but thats life as a leaf fan for now

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
The ball is in your court. Allow a 1st and 2nd and you get Knies and a 3rd.

Once those assets arrive you may push your best D and depth forward for a 1st and 2nd.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

Yikes. Just throwing away this year then because they aren't going to get a significant piece on the backend without taking giving up something. Unless they think Ristolainen is an upgrade.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022

You don't know and I don't know. The only thing that is different is that you claim to be part of the Toronto Management Team (privileged to the war room white board) in order to stop any hockey discussion.

Trade proposals aren't created because there's a claim to insider information.

In my opinion nhl GM's don't strive to be medium. The people they answer to expect results and not medium. You want to make the playoffs every year. That is always the goal. Medium is not playoffs. Medium is not signing Bertuzzi, Klingberg, Domi, etc. in the offseason. Why draft/develop/re-sign star players in order to be Medium?

Medium might be the current results, but there is no way that was the goal.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

Woof. Relying on an 18 year old and Minten? That's a really dumb strategy. Minten is Ben Jones.

Reactions: johnnybbadd

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
That's fair but who are the leafs trading to get better? If you arent trading Knies,
There's no point in making a dumb short sighted trade. The Leafs will get better via free agency when the Tavares and/or Marner money frees up.

Until then, they need to work with what they have. Trading a good player capable of playing top 6 on an ELC is not the answer.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Or could just trade for a cheaper option value and contract wise. Provorov can be retained down to 2.3 mil for this year and next. Just send over a 1st and some cap to make it work

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Why is 18 point Knies worth a 1st and a 2nd? Has he scored 50 points in some alternate universe NHL?
Why is a fan of the team preaching patience to Slaf throwing stones? Yeah Knies is older and Toronto fans hyped him up too much but he is still a rookie who has desireable traits

Reactions: Gravity

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Why is a fan of the team preaching patience to Slaf throwing stones? Yeah Knies is older and Toronto fans hyped him up too much but he is still a rookie who has desireable traits
Granted, he may have desirable traits but this value is very high.

Unless we are talking about very late 1st and 2nd. We got two of those but I still would not spend them on Knies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad