GDT: ___ vs Rangers @ 7PM PST / 10PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Ryan Kesler is no longer a 2nd line center. He’s slightly better than last year but that contract is still a disaster

It’s pretty scary how screwed we are for 3-4 seasons
This is why I didn't like giving Henrique that contract. Not bc he's bad but bc it ties up more money when our window is closing

We're stuck with Perry and Kesler

There is only one way to reset the team asset wise and that's Getz waiving his nmc.

Seems like sacrilege but he's worth his contract and can return alot of value.

But that is also committing to a rebuild

Reactions: The Duck Knight

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Why is Schenn he has been the only solid new acquisition a constant healthy scratch.
Fire Murray already he's assembled a useless lineup

Maybe they're showcasing the young D for a possible trade. Or maybe they think Schenn is useless. Which would be ironic considering they played Bieksa regularly.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
This is why I didn't like giving Henrique that contract. Not bc he's bad but bc it ties up more money when our window is closing

We're stuck with Perry and Kesler

There is only one way to reset the team asset wise and that's Getz waiving his nmc.

Seems like sacrilege but he's worth his contract and can return alot of value.

But that is also committing to a rebuild
I didn't like the Henrique deal either but it is what it is. The bottom line is the organization needs to commit to something. You either get rid of RC now and start making moves that signal you are trying to win, or it's time to start selling off assets. This in between crap that we currently are is very tough to watch.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I am so close to not watching another game until Carlyle is gone and I'm not just saying it.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
when has carlyle ever been a difference maker as coach?

05-06? a rock could have coached the 07 team to a cup. the 07-08 and 08-09 ducks underachieved. seems like the 10-11 team succeeded despite RC because perry carried them

16-17 team was clearly riding off BB's magic. last season's team began to show signs of falling victim to the carlyle plague

i'll never understand the rationale behind bringing him back. i guess murray was drunk and feeling nostalgic

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I only saw the highlights but man Getzlaf is still such an elite passer. I don’t know how the rest of his game went but there aren’t many I would take over him still at his age.

How did Eaves look? Any standouts/disappointments?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Carlyle is being instructed to play this soft pathetic lineup. Regardless he will retire at the end of the year so the anti Carlyle crowd can relax but I'm sick of these pathetic teams Murray is putting together.

Isn’t Schenn injured?

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Carlyle is being instructed to play this soft pathetic lineup. Regardless he will retire at the end of the year so the anti Carlyle crowd can relax but I'm sick of these pathetic teams Murray is putting together.
Apologetics 101 ladies and gentlemen.

If he's being instructed to do it then he's not as great of a coach as you're making him out to be.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I only saw the highlights but man Getzlaf is still such an elite passer. I don’t know how the rest of his game went but there aren’t many I would take over him still at his age.

How did Eaves look? Any standouts/disappointments?
Getzlaf was incredible. He's in top form. His line was good throughout the game.

Eaves really didn't do much, nor did his line in general.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Murray signed Schenn so that he could then force Carlyle to not play him. Logic checks out.

Reactions: Lord Flashheart

wraparound

May 17, 2014
I already stopped watchin
I watched to root for the L, honestly. Miss me with that “fake fan” nonsense, though. Finishing the year with a chance at the 1st OA pick or the very least one in the top 5-10 is probably the best thing for this team right now. They’re nowhere near being a playoff contender and the sooner they realize that and begin managing the team accordingly the better.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Glad I stopped after the second period to watch some Randy Lahey and the crew instead of this shitshow

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
slight improvement defensively, but still some glaring mistakes that led to the goals against. Offense is still... terrible. These guys just don't know what to do with the puck (and each other).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I watched to root for the L, honestly. Miss me with that “fake fan” nonsense, though. Finishing the year with a chance at the 1st OA pick or the very least one in the top 5-10 is probably the best thing for this team right now. They’re nowhere near being a playoff contender and the sooner they realize that and begin managing the team accordingly the better.
I think the roster can be solid, but not with this coaching staff... its complete garbage.

Kesler is barly a 3c at this point, perry career might as well be over. Eaves was a waste of cap space the min we signed him, cogliano really shouldn't have been extended(at least at that price). Defensively most of the contracts are actually fine.. the only exception is fowler (prob market value tho). Its going to be really unfortunate if we lose Silfverberg because we signed Eaves/Cogs to dumb contracts.

But if your not going to change coaches/system then we might as well sell what we can and try to finish top 5 in the draft. The way the roster looks on paper we should be looking at a WCF at least, if were not going to WCF... id much rather see us draft in the top 5.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Eaves was horrendous but I'm hoping part of that is just because he hasnt played in awhile. He didnt belong on the ice.

Kesler has been pretty consistently bad. Maybe like a mid level 3c. He is better in a shutdown role for sure though. They look more comfortable together.

Aberg has potential but needs some refining.

Getzlaf was a beast and that line had tons of chances.

I think Larsson has a lot of potential and isnt that bad. A lot more potential than Petterson if you ask me.

D played better last night but I think that was largely a product of better support during breakouts and some sustained offensive zone time.

Reactions: Deuce22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad